1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lift Kit Help

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by SAGENOVESETRD08, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Mar 19, 2009 at 5:57 AM
    SAGENOVESETRD08

SAGENOVESETRD08 [OP] Member

Member:
    Plymouth,MA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Rugged Trail
    I have been doing some research about lifts for my 08 TRD Rugged Trail. I'm not the smartest about this stuff, but I understand the basics. For a lift I was looking at the Ultimate kit from Toytec. I wanted to run Toyo Open Country M/T at 285/75/16 on stock rims. Any opinions?

I am also wondering about rubbing and backspacing. Should i get TC UCA's for this problem. Or should i get UCA's for a better setup too?

I will do some moderate off-roading through trails but nothing too insane.......i think...but i really want quality w/ a decent ride.

Thank you for your time in helping me!!!!

2. Mar 19, 2009 at 6:04 AM
    Dark Knight

Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NC/SC
    Vehicle:
    4Runner Trail, 88 pickup, Tundra Platinum
    A few bolts are different.
    get the uca's for your alignment, they correct the caster so you can have stock alignment specs and no road wondering. if your going to run the stock wheels you will also need some wheel spacers. I have the SpiderTrax spacers, they work well and are a very solid product.

Welcome to TW!

3. Mar 19, 2009 at 6:04 AM
    jolayiv

jolayiv Carolina Alliance

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Hertford NC
    Vehicle:
    07 DC TRD 4x4 Off-Road
    Revenge-Fab Sliders, AVS Vent Guards, Rear TSB, Hose clamp MOD, Locker MOD, Flowmaster 40 Series Delta Flow, Midland Radio, Wilson 1000 antenna, Rear Diff breather MOD, Weathertech liners, Maglite mount, Bed Divider, LEER 100XR, Pop&Lock
    ^^^^ Beat me to it!

That is a good kit you will love it. I recommend getting new UCA's. If you are going to run the stock rims with that size of tire you are going to need to run spacers. Most prefer the spidertrax spacers. Welcome to TW!

Go introduce yourself in the New members section!

4. Mar 19, 2009 at 6:48 AM
    LonghornTaco

LonghornTaco Can you pass the bailout please?

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 4x4 TRD Off Road Doublecab
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    x3 to all of this. New UCAs for alignment and spacers for the wider tires on stock rims. That's the setup I've got...

5. Mar 19, 2009 at 8:00 AM
    SAGENOVESETRD08

SAGENOVESETRD08 [OP] Member

Member:
    Plymouth,MA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Rugged Trail
    First, thanx for the reply. It's funny b/c most of the info I learned was from you guys on other posts. This TW thing is FN awesome, you guys sound like u know your stuff! You'll be hearing fom me a bit b/c I plan on doing some stuff to my taco, i'll start w/ this setup.

So, go withg new uca's and wheel spacers? What size wheel spacers? Also, with this setup i shouldn't have much rubbing and maybe some minor cutting of the wells or no?

Thanks alot guys!!!!

6. Mar 19, 2009 at 8:07 AM
    Dark Knight

Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NC/SC
    Vehicle:
    4Runner Trail, 88 pickup, Tundra Platinum
    A few bolts are different.

Products Discussed in