1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lift kits that won't void your warranty??

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by jdv1320, Sep 10, 2009.

1. jdv1320

jdv1320 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Pittsfield, MA.
    Vehicle:
    In the market for a Tacoma
    I hate to ask a noob question cuz i know how annoying it can be. I just sold my srt4 and am in the market for a new tacoma. I was just wondering if there are any lift kits that won't void toyota's warranty?

2. Colton

Colton Reagan/Bush '84

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    VA/SC
    Vehicle:
    08 4X4 TRD Sport super white
    Bilstein 5100 F&R, OME 885 w/ top plate spacers, 1.5" AAL, 285/70/17 Hankook Dynapro MT, 17x9 Level 8 MK6, 20% tint, AEM Brute force intake, Alpine CDE-W235BT, 2 12" Shok subs, Armortech sliders, EBC Stage IV brake it, stainless steel brake lines
  3. jdv1320

jdv1320 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Pittsfield, MA.
    Vehicle:
    In the market for a Tacoma
    Thanks man, that's a lot of info. Someone told me that there's a 4" trd kit or something but i looked and couldnt find any such thing.

4. paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    i think if you get the dealer to install it you will be covered.if not your fukd. dealers suck. they would rather rape you than take care of you for free.
    edit: my friend had his dealer install a 4" trailmaster lift on his 01 dodge ram with zero mile. trans blew up at 1,500 miles( not 15,000) and they would not cover the trans cuz the lift and big tires. get all warranty shit in writing if you go dealer installed route

5. Colton

Colton Reagan/Bush '84

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    VA/SC
    Vehicle:
    08 4X4 TRD Sport super white
    Bilstein 5100 F&R, OME 885 w/ top plate spacers, 1.5" AAL, 285/70/17 Hankook Dynapro MT, 17x9 Level 8 MK6, 20% tint, AEM Brute force intake, Alpine CDE-W235BT, 2 12" Shok subs, Armortech sliders, EBC Stage IV brake it, stainless steel brake lines
    No problem!

I haven't heard of a TRD kit either... :confused:

6. humanoid

humanoid bite me

Member:
    Sunny SoCal
    Vehicle:
    I had a '99 Xtra Cab PreRunner SR5 V6
    There is not such thing as a TRD lift kit.

7. TightShirts

TightShirts The StormTrooper

Member:
    First Name:
    TightShirts
    Phoenix... The Land of Lifted Trucks & Dirty Sluts
    Vehicle:
    08 Rugged Trail Ed
    Tint, Clear Bra, De-badged, In-Dash DVD, 09 Led Tail Lights, Chris4x4's old OME front shocks, 1.5" Deaver AAL with OME n182s, black billet in white sport grill, BHLM w/4500k HIDs + Fogs, bumper blackout
    i asked my dealer about doing a lift that won't void the warranty (my 08 is my first new vehicle) and they gave me the name of a local shop that they have do some of their trucks- i was already familiar with the shop and it's a joke, and the dealer also said that front spacers and blocks in the rear end are the best way to lift :smack: so i talked to another guy and he said if it was less than 3" (so not to stress out the stock stuff too much) he would cover me on warranty.

i would prob try to talk to the dealership and see what they say- there are a ton of lifted trucks out here (see my location ;)) in phoenix so most people i've talked to say a lift and warranty isn't an issue

8. usnatclee

usnatclee Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clark
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Vehicle:
    13 corvette 12 Camaro 13 And Wrangler
    (SOLD)4 Bilstein 5100's, OME885s, 2" Toytec AAL rear, 3" total lift, 285/70/R17 BFG MTX on stock rims, AIRAID cold air intake w/ secondary filter removed, CB radio w/ firestik shorty antenna, custom bumper and sliders from those guys rod and customs, URD stage 3 competition clutch, Tom Woods one piece double cardan drive shaft, and URD short throw shifter.
    What I was told by my stealership was that the lift would not void the warranty unless they could prove that the lift and/or tires CAUSED the part to break. So if you put a huge 8" lift on and run 37s and your axel snaps because of it they wont cover that under warranty. Hope that helps.​

9. humanoid

humanoid bite me

Member:
    Sunny SoCal
    Vehicle:
    I had a '99 Xtra Cab PreRunner SR5 V6
    Yes, it's called the Magnusson-Moss act.

To Top