1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lift/level help. new member

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by DC8Driver, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Nov 4, 2010 at 1:20 AM
    DC8Driver

DC8Driver [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    lyndon
    OKC
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC Sport
    Hey Guys. I need help. New member here. Getting my 2011 DC LB 4x4 TRD Sport soon. I want to put KMC Rockstar wheels. 18" or 20"????? Tire size???? Lift kit??? Level kit???? which one????

I have never done this with a truck before, so I need lots of help. LOL. Please talk to me like a 4th grader as I don't know much about lift kits at all.

Mainly pavement use. Just occasional off road. The ride and handling are important to me.

Thanks for the advice!

2. Nov 4, 2010 at 5:49 AM
    KPT

KPT sees what you did there.

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner
    Katskin leather interior, Satoshi grille, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75, rear leaf TSB, magnaflow exhaust, 18x9 BBS RW's, 275/65/18 Nitto TG's, black headlights, black taillights, Hella Supertones, weathertechs, EFX tri-fold tonneau, n-Fab steps
    Welcome to TW. There is a ton of info on here on what size tires you can fit with certain lift kits, etc if you do a simple search.

Most people on here (myself included) would strongly recommend against leveling kits (spacer lifts), 20" rims, and KMC Rockstars in general, for various reasons.

Here is a good place to start:
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/suspension/11282-tacoma-lift-faq-guide-read.html

To Top