1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lift options

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by SteveoATC, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Jul 19, 2012 at 7:26 AM
    SteveoATC

SteveoATC [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2012 off road DC/SB
    OME 885 coils with Dakar leafs in back, 17" XD Addicts, 33" Hankook Dynapros, BAMF bolt on sliders with kickout
    So I have been looking into getting an Icon Stage 2 kit for a week or so, and trying to weigh my options on which lift to get. I have been emailing back and forth with a guy at down south motorsports about my situation and what my options are. He proposed this kit:

http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-50...-5-system.html

....but I have never heard of it before. In all honesty I'm not sure what all it's doing. The only thing I do know is that it comes with 5100s all around and they said it will get me a 4.5" lift. 4.5" would be perfect, but the quality of the icons seems to be more along the lines of what I'm going for if I'm going to pay 2k for a kit. Here is the link for the icon stage 2:

http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-89...2wd-6-lug.html

So it seems the icon will get me a 2.5-3" lift, while the other will get me 4.5. However I'm unsure of what drawbacks the 5100 kit has. Any ideas? Thanks

2. Jul 19, 2012 at 8:14 AM
    sirsaechao

sirsaechao Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2002 Toyota Tacoma SR5 TRD 3.4L 4X4 V6
    A lift, some wheels, some tires, some performance, some cosmetic and then audio.
    RCD is a drop bracket kit and the Icon isnt.

3. Jul 19, 2012 at 9:34 AM
    DevL

DevL Well-Known Member

Member:
    Icon will be better off road and RCD on road. Icon will require more trimming.

4. Jul 19, 2012 at 9:39 AM
    Cowboyz

Cowboyz Membor

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    Southern Utah/Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    07 DC LB TRD Sport
    6in Pro Comp stage 2 lift, 2.75in ProComp Coilovers, Rear MX6 adjustable shocks, 35in Nittro Trail Grapplers, 17 in XD Spys, URD intake, URD MAF Calibrator, Flowmaster 40 Series, AMP Power steps, debadged, blacked out tail lights, Blacked out headlights w/ Mini H1 Retros and halos, JVC KW-AVX840 7" Double-Din, Viper 5704 2way alarm/remote start, LEDs in Dome, Maps, and license plate lights, short black antenna, 5% Tint, removed sway bar
    The Icon lift will get you actual lift where the RCD is a drop bracket lift. If you dont mind trimming get the Icon, if you dont want to trim very much get the RCD, procomp, or Fabtech lifts.

if you dont offroad you probably dont need the Icon lift. But if you offroad i would get the Icon lift

5. Jul 19, 2012 at 9:52 AM
    WARR4NT

WARR4NT Well-Known Member

Member:
    I'm throwing around the idea of getting the stage 1 and adding the icon leaf pack and icon tube UCAs. I was going to purchase from DSM also. I want to run 275 tires on stock rims...I hope there isn't that much trimming needed with 275s.

6. Jul 19, 2012 at 10:45 AM
    SteveoATC

SteveoATC [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2012 off road DC/SB
    OME 885 coils with Dakar leafs in back, 17" XD Addicts, 33" Hankook Dynapros, BAMF bolt on sliders with kickout
    Thanks for the heads up. I like to off road, so the icons will be the better bet.

Products Discussed in

To Top