1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lift Question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by AlaskaTacoma, Sep 18, 2010.

1. Sep 18, 2010 at 7:53 PM
    AlaskaTacoma

AlaskaTacoma [OP] ~AK49~

Member:
    First Name:
    Shane
    Anchorage
    Vehicle:
    TRD The Good Stuff
    6000K HIDs w/Fogs Smoked Tail lights Window Tint Dual Exhaust Sockmonkey Decal's Billet Grille Wet Okole Seat Covers Tacomaworld.com Sticker :) Painted Engine Cover Ultragauge WeatherTech Floor Mats
    I'm not really big into off roading but I would like to have my truck have a little more height what kind of lift would you guys recommend with stock tires?

2. Sep 18, 2010 at 10:16 PM
    BGrutter

BGrutter Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Baron
    Kansas City, MO
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 DCSB TRD OR
    Rear-View Camera Mod, Anti-theft Tailgate, No Mud-Flaps, Diff Breather Mod, Color-matched Mirror/Handle covers, Front Valance mod, Phone/GPS/Camera mount, and Illuminated 4x4 Switch ToyTec Ultimate Lift Light Racing UCAs
    I think most here will likely tell you to go with the 5100 Billi's set at 0.85 to level the truck out. That or get the TSB done and set the Billi's to 1.75. Either option will give you a slightly more aggressive look and will not cost much more. Plus, it seems that the 5100s set at 1.75 provides a ride very similar to that of the stock suspension. Which means: you will enhance the look without sacrificing ride quality.

However, if you plan to go with the 1.75 option, you might consider upping your tires one size to 265/75. Otherwise, the wheel wells might look a bit empty. And, you don't typically encounter many, if any, issues (mpg impact, rubbing, etc...) with that tire size like some do with the 285/75s. Just a thought...

3. Sep 18, 2010 at 10:21 PM
    tacosupreme54

tacosupreme54 Well-Known Member

Member:
    NW GA
    Vehicle:
    Off-Road 4x4 SR-5
    OME 885's, 90000 and n182 shocks, CB drop, 295/75/16 Hankook Dynapro MT RT03's, 16"x8" Pro Comp 7089 wheels, Avid Off Road Light Bar, Magnaflow 12226-14'' Muffler dumped after axle, color matched grille, Team Realtree camo seat and steering wheel covers, Husky floor liners, towing hitch, bed extender, Tacoma bed mat, all black emblems, black sockmonkey decals, bedlined rear bumper.
    i'm gonna have to agree with everything he said ^^^

To Top