1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lift recommendations

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by TacosConTodo, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Apr 4, 2020 at 11:51 AM
    TacosConTodo

TacosConTodo [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Cement 2020 TRD Sport 4x4 DCLB
    So I have spent weeks going through the million plus posts on here regarding lifts. It has definitely made my head spin and led to nightmares where Coils do vicious battle against the Shock invaders, all while trying to protect the add-a-leaf tribe from being annihilated by the oppressive Control Arms. I would go into detail, but that would make me relive it and I prefer not to end up in the fetal position again.

I need help. I need advice.

I purchased the 2020 Tacoma TRD Sport because I wanted the suspension that was better fit for my driving, which is mostly road with only occasional off roading on my property and areas around it in the Sierra foothills. I do not do rock crawling, nor plan to. I upgraded to 265/70/17 Falken Wildpeaks from the 265/65/17 stock and added 17x9 Fuel wheels with zero offset.

I would like to do a small lift, but keep the road performance as much as possible. I am just not sure what I really need despite all the reading I have done.

I have experienced some rubbing when turning and bottoming out a little. I think it might be the hitting in front on the plastic and on the rear of the well also. Pics below I took when I had it off the curb show it being really close but not touching..

Any and all suggestions are welcome, as well as questions that help you (the informed one) help me (the lost one) figure it out. Thank you in advance.

IMG_1742.jpg
    IMG_1730.jpg
    IMG_1729.jpg

2. Apr 4, 2020 at 12:02 PM
    BINK05TRD

BINK05TRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    TRD OR AC SILVERSKY 15
    SpeySquatch likes this.
  3. Apr 4, 2020 at 12:04 PM
    Bizz

Bizz Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Dallas, GA
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD Sport DCSB Cement Grey
    Too many to list. I’m lazy
    How high are you wanting to go? What is “small” in your book?

I think most of your rubbing problems should be solved by a slight lift/ level in the front as long as you don’t go up in size in the wheels.

as for that air dam, trash it!

I think something simple like some bilsteins in the front and a small aal should be fine for your application. Just remember that if you go above 3 in of loft in the front you open up a whole other can of worms as far as rise quality and additional parts needed.
    This is just my opinion. Hope others will give you theirs as well. Good luck man!

71tattooguy and sundayrider13 like this.
  4. Apr 4, 2020 at 10:59 PM
    Stang0787

Stang0787 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rudy
    Fairfield, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tacoma TRD OR
    Kings 3” lift
    Take off that plastic lip on the front bumper! Also a Cab Mount Chop CMC would help! And for a lift it all depends on your budget! You can do a Bilsteins 5100’s and they are adjustable to from stock up to 2.5 or 3 inches I believe! And and add a leaf on the rear! You could get all that for around 700$

71tattooguy likes this.
  5. Apr 5, 2020 at 3:22 AM
    NYTacoma911

NYTacoma911 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Hayden
    Vehicle:
    2018 Silver SR
    Leveling kit and 265/75/16
    I have the same exact tires on my truck. I have the 265/75/16s instead however, but that comes out to the same size tire. all i did was level the truck with a cheap leveling kit, which most here are against. I admit have a 2" toy tec lift in the mail now, but i found for daily use the block on top of my coil overs did me well. also like others have said, i dumped the air dam on the front. my mileage went up a little but looks meaner and no more rubs.

6. Apr 5, 2020 at 8:08 PM
    TacosConTodo

TacosConTodo [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Cement 2020 TRD Sport 4x4 DCLB
    I think max 2". I want to try and maintain the drive the way it feels now if possible.

SpeySquatch likes this.
  7. Apr 5, 2020 at 8:14 PM
    Thegenerik1

Thegenerik1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    18 DCLB OR
  8. Apr 5, 2020 at 8:34 PM
    Crikeymike

Crikeymike ExitOffroad.com Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Jax Beach, Florida
    You could save some money and just add new coils to the struts you have now to gain some elevation. I have them in every height option

Products Discussed in

To Top