1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lift??? Yes...No

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Doomsday, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Jul 11, 2010 at 3:41 PM
    Fluffymonkey

Fluffymonkey Token

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    College Station, TX
    Vehicle:
    2013 Trd Sport DC, 07 DC sr5, 03 Prerunner
    2003: Stock 2007: Avid Offroad sliders, 30% front tint, bed mat, Truxedo low-pro qt tonneu cover, aero turbine 2525 muffler w/ 8'' tip, AR25 Resonator, 16x8 Dick Cepek DC-1 w/ 265/75 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, 2010 headlights, ome 884 coils with .5'' top plate spacer, OME sport front shocks, bilsten 5100s rear, 2'' aal, locking gas cap, LR ucas, Viper 2-way remote start, afe drop in filter, Rocky locking bike mounts, gear chest, scangauge, pop n lock tailgate lock 2013: most things transferred over from my 07, 5100s @ .85 + eibachs and Toytec tps for 3'' front lift, wheelers progressive aal w/ overload; compustar 2-way remote start; Antennex shorty antenna, pop n lock tailgate lock with programmable key, seat covers, Toyota's crappy all-weather floor mats (should have got Husky's or Weathertechs), TRD skid plate, led light pods mounted in front bumper valence w/ Eyourlife wireless harness and remote, led bed lights, light pods mounted in bed, Devil Horns emblem from Diaz Fabrications, rear facing pod lights in bed, under seat lights,
    Lift it, keep your stock stuff, and if you don't like it switch it back! Your oem kit is quality and will ride and look so much better than stock. You could also try selling some of your stock stuff to try and even out the cost of the lift- you won't break even, obviously, but it'll be nice having some cash in hand.

Plus the looks you get from other stock tacomas as you're sitting higher will be well worth the expense :cool:

2. Jul 11, 2010 at 3:46 PM
    oldtacomaguy

oldtacomaguy four forty four

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SE Conn.
    Vehicle:
    08 SR-5 4WD Impulse Red Pearl
    Alpine deck and amp, Polk speakers front and rear, Kenwood subwoofer, windows tinted to 20%, Sockmonkey decals, TSB, Eibach springs and Bilstein 5100's
    I see you are from Texas. There are a bunch of Texas guys on here. Maybe you could go to a meet and talk to people about your concerns? maybe someone with the set-up you bought will let you take a drive in their truck and you can see what it will be like. Sounds like you bought good parts. Good luck with it.

3. Jul 11, 2010 at 3:46 PM
    gainman

gainman Semper Fi

Member:
    SW Florida
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport Supercharged Manual
    Stuff
    if he doesnt want an oppinion he shouldnt ask for it. mind your business

4. Jul 11, 2010 at 4:02 PM
    Max-4_Yota

Max-4_Yota The Welfare Cadilac

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    3rd gen Tacoma
    Chicken lights, chrome and smoke tunes.
    He asked for an opinion on whether or not to lift the truck, he didnt ask for someone to chime in and tell him to sell the truck (aka BS).

OP, i would lift the truck because you have bought a very good setup and if you end up not liking it just set it back to stock and im sure someone would buy it on here.

5. Jul 11, 2010 at 5:06 PM
    Doomsday

Doomsday [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Cypress, TX
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Sport 4x4 DCSB MGM
    Lights, Tires, Wheels,...more to come!
    I'm still sitting on the idea of what to do. Also, when I was reading up on greasing the TC UCA's, I guess there is some squeaking that goes on. I guess the leaf springs weren't enough to annoy me already. After all that I go buy to make this lift right, its always something. :frusty:

Just from what I've seen on youtube with his new mau5head and 3D stage, I can't wait to see the next show. No shows coming near me at the moment though. I saw 2 of his show last year.

6. Jul 11, 2010 at 5:09 PM
    Doomsday

Doomsday [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Cypress, TX
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Sport 4x4 DCSB MGM
    Lights, Tires, Wheels,...more to come!

Yeah, it kills me looking at other nice Tacos when Im rolling stock.

7. Jul 11, 2010 at 5:17 PM
    gainman

gainman Semper Fi

Member:
    SW Florida
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport Supercharged Manual
    Stuff
    read between the lines. and you can mind your own business as well

8. Jul 11, 2010 at 7:03 PM
    Reaper10

Reaper10 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Oak Harbor, Washington
    Vehicle:
    '10 Silver DC 4x4 TRD OR
    Billstein 5100's all around, ToyTec coilovers up front, ToyTec 1.5" AAL in the rear with TSB leaf springs, Light Racing Upper Control Arms, XD Revolvers in Black wrapped in 265/70/17 BFG TA/KOs, AFE Pro Dry S Airfilter, Pioneer AVIC-X920BT in-dash NAVI, Devil Horns by Andres, 14 inch shorty antenna
    It's your truck and you have to be happy with it. You're the one driving it everyday. Don't let what other people do to their trucks be the thing that influences you. With that being said, you aren't making any permanent changes to your truck and you can always go back to your stock setup, no harm, no foul. I vote lift that sucker!!!

9. Nov 21, 2013 at 6:09 PM
    COBOUNDTACO

COBOUNDTACO Well-Known Member

Member:
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCLB 4x4 TRD Sport Pyrite Mica
    I don't post much, but I lifted my 1st gen. It looked good, went off road a few times which was fun but my buddy did everything I did in a stock land cruiser with bald tires. Point is, I could have done it stock. Couldn't bring myself to tear the truck up. I'll probably get an older already beat up taco to offroad. Just got a 2014, and I plan to leave it stock. I drive about 35k miles per year and the significant loss in fuel economy really pissed me off after I lifted the first gen. I get 20-21 so far in the 2014 and I'd lie to keep it that way. Of course I'll get "bored" and then lift it and be pissed off all over again.....by the way, I'm born and raised in Spring.

10. Nov 22, 2013 at 10:33 AM
    FrostyPower

FrostyPower Well-Known Member

Member:
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCLB Blue Ribbon
    Lift Kit - Toytec 3" Billstein full suspension lift Tires - 285/70R17 Goodyear Duratrac Rims - 17" 015 Black American Eagle Rims Nerf Bars - N-Fab Black nerf bars Painted Fender Flares - Bushwacker flares OEM skid plate
    I know your last gut feeling was to not lift the truck, but your gut feeling before was telling you to buy the parts! Lift that baby and if your don't like it after you get use to it, drop it back down. If you were going to do it yourself like you planned, it shouldn't cost you much more than your time. If not, your gut will tell you in the future, you should have lifted it. Lift it and get it out of the way, and then you will know for sure, what the best decision is moving forward.

11. Nov 22, 2013 at 10:36 AM
    cynicalrider

cynicalrider #NFG

Member:
    Jersey
    Vehicle:
    01 SR5 TRD 4x4, '23 Bronco Wildtrak, 2017 HSQV FE350
    Drop bracket lift and booger welds
    Do you even lift bro?

Sorry I had to.

Products Discussed in

To Top