1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lifting 1st generation vs. 2nd generation

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Goosedog, May 13, 2013.

1. Goosedog

Goosedog [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hey all, I know there's a gazillion threads on here about lift kits but I just need a short answer for a simple question.

As I look for a used Tacoma and consider that I would want a 3" suspension lift on whatever I get, are they equally simple or is the newer generation easier or harder to lift. Also as I look at '05 thru '09's 2nd generation, are all the those years equally simple?

I knows theres lots of discussion on types of lifts too, so to level the field I'm just talking about a simple spacer lift as this truck won't be seeing any serious off-roading more of a ground clearence issue where I'll be driving.

Thanks, Goose

2. BeerHat

BeerHat Got Beer?

Member:
    TX
    Vehicle:
    2001 PreRunner 4x4
    PreRunner 4x4, Homebrew Front Bumper, Homebrew Sliders, Homebrew Skids, Homebrew Bedbar, Homebrew Beer
    Pretty much the same

3. Mr. Biscuits

Mr. Biscuits Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit

Member:
    First Name:
    Brennen J
    Bakersfield
    Vehicle:
    2000 PreRunner TRD V6
    -Bilstein 5100/ Eibach 3" lift -Custom 2" lift rear leaf pack -Crystal clear headlight housings -updated (01-04) rear tail lights -custom front tube bumper -custom rear tube bumper -Deckplate mod -Kenwood Headunit -Pioneer Speakers -black door handles -Debadged, rebadged black -Ultraguage
    the process for lifting both gens is the same. the only noticeable difference is the UCA on 2nd gens requires replacing when lifting more than 2 inches or you'll be out of alignment spec. you dont need to for 1st gens (though many do anyway)

To Top