1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lifting 3", how long can i go without an alignment

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by hookedontronics, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Sep 23, 2010 at 8:43 AM
    hookedontronics

hookedontronics [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    Icon extended travel 3.5" front coilovers, DSM UCAs, TSB leaf pack w/ wheelers AAL, All Pro U-bolt flip kit, Walker Evans 2.0 rear shocks, 18" XD Monster rims, Nitto trail grappler 285/65R18 Tires, Color matched grill, Grillcraft, Kragen HIDs, Carling switches, my bed light mod, diff drop, Alpine IVA-W505, JL Audio C5 componets and coaxials, JL 300/4 and 250/1 amps and JL stealthbox, wheathertechs, avs vent visors, toyota bed x-tender, alcantara center console cover and door pocket covers, console vault, color matched mirrors, heated mirrors, etc etc etc
    I'm lifting my truck this saturday 3". Icon suspension in the front, walker evans and an aal in the rear. No one around me is open on saturdays and sundays to do an alignment though and i'm just wondering how long i can go (mileage wise) without an alignment. Would i be okay if i put a couple hundred miles on and got an alignment monday or tuesday?
    thanks

2. Sep 23, 2010 at 8:44 AM
    snoozeworm

snoozeworm taco king

Member:
    wheeling,wv
    Vehicle:
    2004 regular cab 4x4 5 speed
    Extra leaf springs in rear Pioneer head unit fj cruiser wheels 1in coil spacers siren
    no, you have a better chance of killing endangered species. i would do it right away

3. Sep 23, 2010 at 8:46 AM
    Zac808

Zac808 Custom User Title

Member:
    First Name:
    Zac
    Viva Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD DC SB 4x4
    In my sig
    You can put as many miles as your tires will allow. I added a 1/2 spacer a few months ago. Within 2 weeks of driving the outer edges were feathering pretty badly, so I wouldn't drive around to much with it out of alignment.

4. Sep 23, 2010 at 8:46 AM
    KEG'sTACO

KEG'sTACO FJ Cruiser

Member:
    First Name:
    Kurt
    Auburn, AL
    Vehicle:
    '08 FJ Cruiser
    Leveled, 33" BFG A/Ts, Demello Offroad front flat-top bumper, Demello Offroad rear 3-piece bumper, 17" Liquid Metal Gatlins, Pioneer audio upgrade, custom mounted 10" subwoofer, offroad interior
    You can get just as far as the alignment shop... My truck wasn't aligned for the longest time and it'll just wear down your front tires, shake a helluva lot, pull to the left/right, and piss you right off.

To Top