1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lifting a taco

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas' started by bigstik, Mar 9, 2011.

1. bigstik

bigstik [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tanner
    Terry, MT
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner Debadged, Silver
    Smoked fog and tail lights, blue map and dome lights, gauge color change, stereo color change, aftermarket headlights (halos) (HID upgrade), satoshi grille mod, WickedFlow Max 13sc250 muffler, ultragauge. 3" rear 2.5" frnt lift/level kit.
    Alright so I want to put a 3" front and 1.5" rear body lift on my tacoma. Does anyone know if I will have to extend my steering column, or will it be alright? If I do need to extend it, where can I get ahold of an extension?

2. tacomarotto

tacomarotto "Change is inevitable, but growth is optional."

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    New Orleans, LA
    Vehicle:
    FJ Cruiser 07'
    Bilstein 5100 (2.5") aFe short ram intake KC light bar PIAA halogen Lights Hella Lights on top Yakima Load Warrior
    you cant mix up body lifts...

u cant have half of you truck lifted with a 3" body lift and then have the other half 1.5"

3. DubVtundy

DubVtundy ERMAHGERD

Member:
    First Name:
    Thayer
    Keyser West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2010 white double cab
    8 inch alcan custom leaf packs, ome 885's powdercoated white, bilstein 5100's all the way around with 12 inch travel on the rear, Light Racing Upper Control Arms, Sway bar removed, 17x9 kmc strike. 35x12.50 nitto Trail Grapplers. Satoshi Grill made by (homertaco), Black Headlight housings,retrofits, Tinted Tailights, color matched grill, Bought a TRD sport hood,elite off road front plate bumper,elite off road sliders, 13% tint on the front windows, 5% on top of the facotry rear windows and back glass, 5% tint stip across the windshield, Lo Pro Truxedo tonneu cover, Herculiner bed liner, Weather Tech Window Visors, Exhaust- Flowmaster Super 44 dumped above rear axle, Maglight Mount on side of drivers seat, Scangauge II, Mossy Oak Camo Seat Covers, Weather Tech Floor mats, Spatter painted A-Pillars, Spatter painted headunit trim and shifter trim, Headunit= Pioneer 4300 double din touch screen, Speakers- Precision Power 3 way component stage, Precision Power 8 i
    dont do a body lift if your going to lift it do a suspesion lift.

4. adamw

adamw Well-Known Member

Member:
    sunnyvale, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 prerunner SR5 6spd
    I would just stay away from body lifts

5. chacotaco

chacotaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Albuquerque & Palo Alto
    Vehicle:
    2011 SSM TRD SPORT DCLB
    Black Snugtop XtraVision Sleep Deck.
    And since you are now going to suspension lift stay away from spacers and blocks.

To Top