1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lifting my Tacoma questions

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by biasottw, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Sep 14, 2010 at 10:15 AM
    biasottw

biasottw [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 V6 6-Speed TRD Offroad
    Hey all,
    So I new to this so bear with me, my knowledge may not be up to stuff but I am trying to learn as I go. I am looking to get a 3" lift in the coming month or so. I am looking at the toytec 3" with rear AAL. This kit comes with new coils, however, I have the stock coils from the TRD OffRoad. Would new ones be better or should I just stick with the current ones. Also, how necessary are new UCA's? Wont an alignment fix any problem with lifting? I have read a few different contradictions about them and just want to get a better picture before dumping $1000 on new ones. Thanks for the help everyone.

2. Sep 14, 2010 at 10:20 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 Rubicon Unlimited,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    When lifting 3", your geometry looses caster. With the stock UCA's, an alignment shop can somewhat fix this by dialing in more Camber....Making the tops of the tires lean outward Like this when looking from the front of the truck to the back

\-----/

New UCA's can correct this, as many have more caster built into them.

3. Sep 14, 2010 at 10:21 AM
    05offroad

05offroad Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Alpine, California
    Vehicle:
    '05 Prerunner TRD Offroad
    The new coilovers from Toytec use bilstien 5100s for a strut...which are much better then the stock bilstiens. As far as the UCA's, you don't have to get them but your alignment will be off. not anything major but it wont be perfect. Another issue I had with lifting and stock Uca's is the angle on your stock ball joint. Over time it will wear out because of the increased angle. Uca's will give you a uniball that is much stronger, smoother, and also replacable. As well as bringing your alignment back where it is supposed to be. Hope this helps.

Oh and by the way you dont need to spend $1000 on Uca's. Contact Tri (tricoma) about the built right arms. Quality is right up there with TC and Camburg, but the price is low to tacoma world members.

To Top