1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Light bar location

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by JH Taco, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Jan 17, 2017 at 5:25 PM
    JH Taco

JH Taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma TRD Sport - Inferno
    I have a 2016 TRD Sport, and want to add an LED light bar. I am leaning toward installing it low on the front bumper, but am wondering if there would be any advantage to putting it on the cab roof instead. Does anyone have any advice on the advantages of either location? Thanks!

2. Jan 17, 2017 at 5:45 PM
    SuperBad

SuperBad Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Dallas, TX
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM Tacoma OR DCSB
    Truck stuff
    In bumper: Stealthy look but may not reach as far with it being closer to the ground. No risk of glare from the windshield/hood. No additional wind noise. Max siaze seems to be at 32".

On Roof: Everyone sees it, Has potential to reach farther due to being higher from the ground. I've heard that this location can also create a glare on the windshield and/or hood. This may also add additional wind noise. The roof can also fit a larger light bar >32".

I dont know a whole lot nor do I have much first hand experience with light bars. To start of my Aux lighting I went with the CaliRaised 5d stealth bar in the bumper. I like how its kinda hidden and at 31.5" its still a good size light bar. It seems to throw out a lot of light though I have not had a real opportunity to try it out on trails yet. I will decide whether I want to add a roof light down the road. I will prob be adding ditch and reverse lights before adding another large light bar.

Taco Addiction likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top