1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

light below seatbelt light

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by MotoXdoer, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Apr 1, 2010 at 10:10 PM
    MotoXdoer

MotoXdoer [OP] taco?

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    San Luis Obispo, Ca
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner 4.0 a/c beast
    k&n cai 63 series intake, blacked out headlights, blacked out tailights, magnaflow pro offroad 17115 dumped, URD competetion y-pipe, total chaos 3.5" long travel, fox 2.5x8" remote resevoir shocks, allied 4" spindles, toytec 2" AAL, 20% tint up front and 5% rear, satoshi grille, ddm 50w 6000k hid's. wet okole custom trd seat covers with heaters. 4:56 nitro gears with arb rd129 air locker, arb ckmta12 dual air compressor.
    theres a light with a red dot with a person in a seat with seatbelts on. is this the child restraint light from the rear of the cab? remember. this light is below the normal seatbelt blinking light. how do u turn it off?

2. Apr 1, 2010 at 10:54 PM
    nvdeserted

nvdeserted Well-Known Member

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD OR Access Cab
    Electric Dynolock tailgate, TrailGear Slides, , 285/75-16 Yoko Geolanders on Wheelers Type B, SAW 2.0 front and back, Camburg b/j UCA, 1.5" AAL, Ubolt flip, ARB bump.
    That is the '100 miles left until detonation' light! How long has it been on for? You're screwed dude. I've only heard of that happening once before and Toyota/insurance will not cover it. Start saving for a new truck.

April Fools. I have no idea what that light is for.

3. Apr 1, 2010 at 10:57 PM
    AvsFanTRD

AvsFanTRD Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD Off Road Black
    rear suspension TSB, sockmonkey bed decals, weathertech floor liners, TRD seat covers, tailgate pop n lock, rear diff breather relocation, center console lock, Viper Alarm, extra D-rings in bed, 5100's on all 4 corners
    I don't think I've ever seen that light before

4. Apr 1, 2010 at 11:13 PM
    stenyeart

stenyeart Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Lewiston, Idaho
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD OR SWB
    3" Toytec Lift w/ AAL, TRD CAI, Leer 700 Series, Hypertech Speedo Calibrator, Locker Anytime Mod, LR UCA's, OEM Roof Rack, Satoshi grill with Devil Horns Emblem, USA Spec PA-15 Toy Ipod Integration, Redline Tuning Hood Struts and EZ Down Tailgate.
    Sounds like the air bag light. It should come one for a few seconds when you start your truck and then it should go off. If it stays on you have a problem with your airbag system. I cant remember if you can clear air bag codes with an odb II code reader or not. Sounds like it is time to visit the stealership. By the way, if you unhook the air bag connectors under your seat or anywhere in the system and the key is turned on, this will cause the air bag light to stay on.

5. Apr 2, 2010 at 12:39 AM
    MotoXdoer

MotoXdoer [OP] taco?

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    San Luis Obispo, Ca
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner 4.0 a/c beast
    k&n cai 63 series intake, blacked out headlights, blacked out tailights, magnaflow pro offroad 17115 dumped, URD competetion y-pipe, total chaos 3.5" long travel, fox 2.5x8" remote resevoir shocks, allied 4" spindles, toytec 2" AAL, 20% tint up front and 5% rear, satoshi grille, ddm 50w 6000k hid's. wet okole custom trd seat covers with heaters. 4:56 nitro gears with arb rd129 air locker, arb ckmta12 dual air compressor.
    i was thinkn that cuz i took the hazard light switch/clock thing out cuz the head unit piece i got wouldnt fit so i didnt put it back it til i got home tonite. anyway to reset it?

6. Apr 2, 2010 at 12:36 PM
    stenyeart

stenyeart Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Lewiston, Idaho
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD OR SWB
    3" Toytec Lift w/ AAL, TRD CAI, Leer 700 Series, Hypertech Speedo Calibrator, Locker Anytime Mod, LR UCA's, OEM Roof Rack, Satoshi grill with Devil Horns Emblem, USA Spec PA-15 Toy Ipod Integration, Redline Tuning Hood Struts and EZ Down Tailgate.
    I thought it had to be done by the stealership, but this guy had luck unhooking the battery for 30 minutes. Check out post #13.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=174401

Did you have a seat out or any one of the air bag connectors unplugged with the key on? You may have a problem if you didn't have any of the connections unplugged.

If you didnt, I would check both connections under the seats and then try unhooking the battery.

To Top