1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Light up my choices

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Motorshooter, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Nov 2, 2010 at 11:33 AM
    Motorshooter

Motorshooter [OP] Motorshooter

Member:
    VA-Northern VA
    Vehicle:
    16 double cab, short bed, 4X4 SR5, Towing pkg. Inferno Orange -What a great color!
    Weather Tech stone guards, Undercover SE bed cover, fresh coat of wax. I really miss my Indigo Ink Pearl 07' DC -RIP-she saved my life. Thank you blue beast!
    2007 Double cab prerunner
    I’ll be going with a Smittybilt street light bar on my 07. I found a good deal online for $109. I’m looking to hang, not mount up right, but hang either two Bosch driving lights or two PIAA driving lights. What would be a better/smarter choice for a better light when driving on the street at night, this is a 2WD Taco, I don't do any offroading with it, except down by the river when I'm fly fishing, and those roads are very well groomed:)

2. Nov 2, 2010 at 11:50 AM
    Vidman

Vidman Protected by Glock

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    central Mass
    Vehicle:
    black TRD sport AC
    Not Enough
    Don,t know much about Bosch lights but my piaa lights are the balls at night

3. Nov 3, 2010 at 7:27 AM
    Motorshooter

Member:
    VA-Northern VA
    Vehicle:
    16 double cab, short bed, 4X4 SR5, Towing pkg. Inferno Orange -What a great color!
    Weather Tech stone guards, Undercover SE bed cover, fresh coat of wax. I really miss my Indigo Ink Pearl 07' DC -RIP-she saved my life. Thank you blue beast!
    Only one person on here has something to say on this subject?:confused:

4. Nov 3, 2010 at 8:06 AM
    IamTacO

IamTacO red balls got me!

Member:
    First Name:
    adam
    QC az
    Vehicle:
    01 Prerunner SR5 TRD-Offroad
    4x2 Prerunner. Hankook Dynapro ATM rf10 265-65-16, e-locker FTW! Morimoto d2s bi-xenon HID projectors, Philips 85122+ 4300K, Cobra 75 w/ 3' firefly, Kenwood KDC-MP342U w/ SIRIUS, Line-x bed liner, 4' coretrax(black)
    whatever your choice is, make sure your lights are not for "offroad use only"

i put some nice driving lights on my gf's jeep, couldn't use them around town, only like a high beam. that is if you choose to obey the law, if not, get anything you want and run them all night too

5. Nov 3, 2010 at 8:12 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '13 Ford F-150 SCREW
    F-150 Mod
    x2. I see you're in VA. I was hassled quite a bit when I took my vehicle in for inspection with some off road lights mounted. I ended up cutting the wire and removing them to pass (the guy was an ass also, which didn't help). Legal ramifications aside, I like PIAA's. I've got a set of 520 driving lights that I use in conjunction with my high beams, they're way too bright to use around town. If you're mounting them low, you should get fogs though. They'll have a wider light spread. Keep in mind, if you hang the lights, they'll be a nut and bolt sticking up through the top of the tab, in plain view.

6. Nov 3, 2010 at 9:23 AM
    Motorshooter

Member:
    VA-Northern VA
    Vehicle:
    Just looking for some nice driving light/fog lights. I like the 55w Bosch system...any other good ones to investigate?

7. Nov 3, 2010 at 9:28 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '13 Ford F-150 SCREW
    F-150 Mod
    I can't say anything about them personally but a lot of people here seem to like Hella's also. Do a little research on beam patterns and make sure you're getting the correct one for what you intend to accomplish and where you're mounting them to get the most out of your investment.

8. Nov 3, 2010 at 9:39 AM
    Motorshooter

Member:
    VA-Northern VA
    Vehicle:
  9. Nov 3, 2010 at 10:10 AM
    Chief10Taco

Chief10Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off-Road 4X4
    weathertech floor liners, weathertech bug deflector and side window deflector, and wet okole front seats
    Easy man, no need to take it there. Not going to get much help with that attitude. I have the same kinda question and looked in your thread to maybe find the answer. Which lights are the brightest, best? Most people are real helpful.

10. Nov 3, 2010 at 10:18 AM
    Motorshooter

Member:
    VA-Northern VA
    Vehicle:
    No attitude, just a statement.

Yes, this is a great forum and yes, the folks in here are really helpful:)

11. Nov 9, 2010 at 9:20 AM
    Motorshooter

Member:
    VA-Northern VA
    Vehicle:
    For driving on the street, which is a better light kit for a second set of lights to add to my Taco? I need to add some light- distance and stay legal
    Hella 550 driving light kit, Hella 550 fog light kit or the Hella 540 driving light kit. Your personal experience would be helpful.
    T-I-A!

To Top