1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lightbar options

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Zenphx, Jan 8, 2017.

?

Lights

1. Pods

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Grill/Bullbar mounted lights

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Large top mounted light bar

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Jan 8, 2017 at 11:12 AM
    Zenphx

Zenphx [OP] KE7FC

Member:
    First Name:
    Neal
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    2005 Impulse Red Pearl SR5 4wd Long bed
    Sliders.
    Hi,
    I am trying to decide the direction to go on adding lights to my truck.

I was gifted a bull bar that need a little TLC, that I can either put in a light bar in the center or 2 pod/standard lights

I have also toyed with a curved light bar mounted top of the windshield

So I figure I would get some feedback and see what has worked for others.

ChadsPride likes this.
  2. Jan 8, 2017 at 7:16 PM
    CaliRaisedLed

CaliRaisedLed Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Texas (DFW)
    ChadsPride and stbear like this.
  3. Jan 8, 2017 at 7:30 PM
    SuperBad

SuperBad Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Dallas, TX
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM Tacoma OR DCSB
    Truck stuff
    All of the above. Make your self bright enough you can be seen from the moon.

Ok but really, What do you want from your lights? are you trying to look cool? Travel at high speeds off road in the dark? See the obstacles you are trying to get around/over. different lights have different purposes. Its hard to recommend anything based of your request of wanting "Lights".

My first light addition was a 32" stealth bar from @CaliRaisedLed in my bumper. My next lights will be ditch lights and reverse lights. My goal is to provide plenty of light when I am driving on a trail or trying to reach my destination after the sun sets. I do not want to hit something because I couldnt see it since there wasnt enough light. After those I may decide to add a roof light to provide more forward light.

ChadsPride likes this.
  4. Jan 9, 2017 at 6:44 AM
    Zenphx

Zenphx [OP] KE7FC

Member:
    First Name:
    Neal
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    2005 Impulse Red Pearl SR5 4wd Long bed
    Sliders.
    Well I guess I forgot to mention what I will be using them for my bad. I am looking for use in camping, hunting and trails. Like you I want enough light to see so I do not hit something.

ChadsPride and Taylor@KC HiLiTES like this.
  5. Jan 9, 2017 at 8:36 PM
    Taylor@KC HiLiTES

Taylor@KC HiLiTES Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCSB TRD OR 4x4
    See build thread
    :wave: Hi from Tucson! I think a great way to make a decision like this is to see how the lights perform in person. The group of TW members in Phoenix have a ton of different lighting setups on their trucks and I know that any one of them would be willing to show off for you haha. Heck, I'm even in and out of Phoenix quite often myself (including this Friday and coming Monday). I can get you into contact with any of them if you'd like! Or you can browse the AZ section here, but be warned, that AZBS thread has a...well....particular sense of humor at times!

Another option is going to a local store to look at and compare lights. The local 4 Wheel Parts in Tucson has a great variety of lights wired up (some of our lights, some Rigid lights, and a couple other brands), and maybe a PHX location does too. Or even SDHQ, who sells a bunch of lights but I'm not sure if they have a wired display set up (@tubbsisland can help you out there).

But as @SuperBad and others mentioned, it boils down to need. For hunting and camping, a good light bar in that area may be all you need. If you like the single light look better, a good driving or spread beam pattern would suit your needs also. You could go with a windshield light but that's a little bit more expensive and I'm not sure the price range you're looking at.

Let me know your thoughts and I can send you any product recommendations from bars to rounds to anything in between!

ChadsPride and tubbsisland like this.
  6. Jan 10, 2017 at 7:06 AM
    tubbsisland

tubbsisland I took snowtanks beer

Member:
    First Name:
    Cliff
    Arizona
    We have several different brands on display to take a look at here in the shop @Zenphx, just swing on by and we will get you dialed in.

ChadsPride likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top