1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lighter Weight Rock Sliders?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by RyanPont, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Aug 31, 2011 at 6:12 PM
    RyanPont

RyanPont [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ive looked over the many different companies in the vendor section, as well as google searches. Does anyone make a lighter weight slider?

I understand the concept of the slider, which should be to take a hit and support the weight of the vehicle without caveing in the sides. Is there anything for someone who dosent need that heavy duty protection? Like a mild duty slider?

2. Aug 31, 2011 at 6:16 PM
    DrewH

DrewH Well-Known Member

Member:
    Do you really need sliders? Or just want them for looks?

You could look at step bars like N-fabs, or Avid.

3. Aug 31, 2011 at 6:19 PM
    rsbmg

rsbmg Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vista,CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Doublecab TRD Offroad
    Front Aluminum bumper by Relentless Fab. Smittybuilt Winch Complete set of skids by ATO TC UCA's Fox Ext. Travel Front Reservoirs.
    I'm about 99% positive that most anybody who makes sliders would make them out of anything you wanted. Just give them a call or shoot them a PM its as simple as that.

I just got my sliders from relentless fabrication and Eric was very open to making what I wanted, how I wanted it. They just want to be paid appropriately for the work.

4. Aug 31, 2011 at 6:20 PM
    Johns Taco

Johns Taco I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    05 DSM Base SR5 Slug Taco
    Full custom stereo, onboard air compressor, train horns, spacer lift, 30" tires, optima yellow top, rear slider window & tailgate anti-theft mod, pop & lock, class 3 tow hitch, lights in bed, Ultra Gauge, Weather Tech mats, yellow fog lights, camper top, air lift rear airbags, rear diff breather mod, soon to be more...
    Cromoly steel is the lightest and stongest metal out there {race car frames and roll cages made out of this}, it would be expensive but lighter than mild steel. Titanium would be lightest, the price tag would be over $1000 easy.

5. Aug 31, 2011 at 6:24 PM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
  6. Aug 31, 2011 at 7:38 PM
    Mxpatriot

Mxpatriot Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '06 4x4 AP LT and Locked
    TTTown002 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top