1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

LIGHTS OUT

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 911tacoma, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Aug 29, 2011 at 10:47 AM
    911tacoma

911tacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wendy
    Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    11 DC 4X4 TRD
    window tint, rocky mount bike rack, debaged tailgate, blacked door badges, wheels so far
    I was hooking up my 4X4 lighted switch and cup holder LEDs when I guess something touched that shouldn't have. I have no radio lights or AC dial lights. I have unhooked everything and still no lights. Before I try the reinstall I need to fix the radio and AC lights. I think when I stripped the wires on the AC connection they may have touched. How do I fix this, Please help, I know its a strange combination but I am at my wits end. Thanks and all suggestions are welcomed.

2. Aug 29, 2011 at 11:00 AM
    Tigahshark

Tigahshark Senior NEWBIE

Member:
    First Name:
    Isaac
    On a volcano, literally!
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD off road 4X4
    Tint Weathertech floor liner, weathertech window visor Roll n lock tonneau cover Rubber bed mat Smoked license plate covers
    Try looking in the fuse box for a blown fuse, thats where i would look first

Lol you SN matches your post

3. Aug 29, 2011 at 11:03 AM
    Rashnu

Rashnu Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '16 T4R TEP
    -Airaid Intake -5100's -Weathertech's -Rear camera anytime -xmods mounting plate w/ bluesea fuse block
    ^What he said. Check the fuses to the left under the steering wheel and under the hood.

4. Aug 29, 2011 at 11:23 AM
    911tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Wendy
    Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    11 DC 4X4 TRD
    window tint, rocky mount bike rack, debaged tailgate, blacked door badges, wheels so far
    I have checked several fuses unless I am missing something. I will recheck

5. Aug 29, 2011 at 12:09 PM
    Mskwared

Mskwared Well-Known Member

Member:
    Check the 7.5 amp fuse in the fuse panel by your left knee. I have shorted that one out a few times while installing my stereo...

6. Aug 29, 2011 at 12:15 PM
    911tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Wendy
    Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    11 DC 4X4 TRD
    thanks will do now thats what I needed, someone whos been there.

7. Aug 29, 2011 at 12:30 PM
    yamabiker

yamabiker Well-Known Member

Member:
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    2006 Double Cab SR5 TRD
    If that last fix didn't work, check each light. When I purchased my used 2006, the AC and Fan dial lights did not work. I pulled both lights(they have a weird circuit board type base) and they were burned out. Had to order from dealer at around $9-10 bucks each. I looked all over trying to find them at other locations (Radio Shack, car parts stores, foreign part stores, etc.) without any success. One parts dealer had seen them, but was unable to order.

Yamabiker

8. Aug 29, 2011 at 12:32 PM
    horwitzs

horwitzs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Dayton, WA
    Vehicle:
    TX Pro
    Supercharger, OME lift w/ LR UCAs, running boards, toolbox, extinguisher mount, skidplate, N-Fab light bar, 40" R.I. LED bar, WO seat covers, TRD intake, Weathertech mats and visors, stubby antenna, hood struts, LED interior lighting, Hella Supertones, and other stuff I'm forgetting.
    And I'm not saying this to be a dick, but next time if you are doing electrical work, you really should disconnect the battery.
    I know it's an extra step that a lot of people skip, but it can prevent these sorts of things.

9. Aug 29, 2011 at 7:08 PM
    911tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Wendy
    Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    11 DC 4X4 TRD
    no dickish thoughts here I just appreciate all the advise, I am the dumb dick that thought naw dont disconnect the battery for this little thang. Boy I regrete that thought, All fuses seam fine guess I am pulling the radio for the lights. Where is that circuit exactly?

10. Aug 29, 2011 at 7:11 PM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    Sometimes it's hard to tell, hold em up to a light.

11. Aug 30, 2011 at 8:28 AM
    911tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Wendy
    Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    11 DC 4X4 TRD
    Finally got it right today and this has to be one of the best interior MODs I have done. For those who like me thought naw I wont have to unhook the battery for this little job. WRONG I let the two green wires touch and lost mt AC and radio lights. After some great help here on TW I finally found the fuse. Its the 7.5 tail light fuse next to your left knee. I kept skipping that fuse cause I thought that one wouldnt matter, well I was wrong and got this AM, quickly replaced, rewired everything in less than 20 minutes and BINGO lights everywhere. (by the way I did unhook the battery this time.) Thanks to ALL and maybe someone can reference this in the future...

To Top