1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

lights will not turn off

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by lncgnzls100, May 2, 2010.

1. May 2, 2010 at 5:41 PM
    lncgnzls100

lncgnzls100 [OP] Member

Member:
    North Texas
    front and rear sway bar, volant CAI w/ Ram Air, Fitch Fuel Catalyst, HID kit, Mobil 1 Sync oil, Lucas Syn Diff Lube
    Anyone come across this. After turning off my truck with the headlights on, the lights stay on Fog, headlights, taillights etc and will not turn off unless i turn the lights off manually. I've had my truck for 2 years, 08 QC/LB and this started happening a few weeks ago. The only electrical mods i've done are HID ballasts and lamps, and they have been installed for a year or so. Any help would be appreciated.

2. May 2, 2010 at 5:52 PM
    pmo

pmo Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma 4x4, DC, 6 Speed Manual.
    open your door..then watch what happens!!:)

3. May 2, 2010 at 6:19 PM
    wing103

wing103 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Boston
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Sport / Dark Gray
    Grill Craft upper & Lower Grill WetOK Seat Cover, Devil Horn, Bug, Windows Deflector, Side step Bar, HID 55W 8000K Headlight, HID 35W 4000K Foglight, Fog Light Mod, Interior LED Map Light Mod, Electric Tail Gate Lock, Leer Cab, Key ring light, Bed LED lights Mod, Kenwood DNX5120, Signal Mirror with Heat
    I guess he mean open than close the driver side door, and see what happen.

4. May 2, 2010 at 7:11 PM
    05Moose

05Moose Middle-Aged Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    In the snow (NorCal)
    Vehicle:
    '05 4x4 DC LB SR5 #8 (LSD, Tow Pkg)
    '05 4x4 DC LB SR5 (LSD & Tow Pkg), Timbrens, AAL, 5100s (.85), Owned: 12/3/04 Mods: Fog, Map/Dome Light, Illuminated 4wd Switch, Washable Cabin Air Filter
    So what you're saying is that you leave the lights on, turn the truck off, then open the driver's door and the lights are not turning off when you open your door? You do have to turn the truck off BEFORE opening your door for that feature to work. Once you open the door, you can turn the switch off and back on again to keep them on while the truck is off. From the other responses, sounds like we need a little more clarification on the problem.

5. May 2, 2010 at 7:16 PM
    SampleFool

SampleFool Three Percenter

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Ga
    Vehicle:
    Silver
    08 off-road
    Yours sound like mine, I have to fog light mod done and they(fogs) will stay on after turning the truck off, exiting the truck, shutting the door, and the headlights have already turned off when opening my door. What is going on with the 08's?

To Top