1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Limited Service Campaign for Corrosive Resistant Compound

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jdvailco, May 20, 2014.

1. Jan 19, 2016 at 7:34 AM
    NYCO

NYCO go explore...

Member:
    First Name:
    bOb
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Blue Betty - '06 TRD OR
    dents & scratches
    sweet...i hope so...would be too much work to mess with all my wiring and air hoses running from my frame to bed and cab...

2. Jan 19, 2016 at 8:35 PM
    PLYDRTY

PLYDRTY Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Manassas, VA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport DCSB
    It took the dealer 2 days to do my truck. It cost me $9.55 in incidental costs (couple of plastic clips) and $85 for a new set of add-a-leafs (they wanted $105 to remove them from the leaf packs and wouldn't reinstall them). But I can say that the truck has never ridden better. I bought it stock with 58k on it and have 133k on it now.

3. Jan 30, 2016 at 12:26 AM
    Markcal

Markcal Well-Known Member

Member:
    I remember when I dropped mine off, I asked the service rep, and he stated that they do remove the bed, but when I got it back they didn't. I think they do on the older Tundra, but not the Tacoma. By the way, make sure they install the plastic plugs on the frame of the front wheel wells, there are 6 in all and think they do make a difference in keep debris out of the interior of the frame. All newer Tacoma's have those 6 plugs and I know they are putting them on now for reason.

Good luck,
    Mark

4. Mar 7, 2016 at 3:54 PM
    utahskierdave

utahskierdave Well-Known Member

Member:
    salt lake
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma dbl cab
    Just took mine in for inspection. It passed but there was no application of fluid/film to the frame. Is that how it should be? I thought there was to be an application of some goopy fluid...

5. Mar 9, 2016 at 6:21 PM
    robssol

robssol If it ain't broke, leave it the eff alone!

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    S. Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma, TRD Sport, SR5, 4X4, AC
    Frame 2.0, Fog lights anytime, Seatbelt reminder delete, Secondary air filter delete, LED bed lights, Running boards, 2017 Rims, Devil Horns by Andres, Ultra gauge, Cup holder/consol/glove compartment lights, Interior LED conversion, Blue Sea aux. fuse panel, fuse panel mounting plate by Yotamac, ProEFX heated towing mirrors, LED engine bay lights, Redline Quicklift Elite hood struts, Wet Okole Heated Seat Covers, Pop and Lock tailgate theft deterrent mod 2.0, Plasti-dip rear bumper. Decal free visors, Washable cabin air filter, Overhead consol auto dimming override switch, BulletProof Fabricating Skid plate, 2lo module.
    Got mine done a couple weeks ago, they applied the slime but no plugs in the frame.
    There seems to be some inconsistencies between dealers!

6. Mar 19, 2016 at 11:28 AM
    ryanfamily3

ryanfamily3 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dani
    My son purchased his very first vehicle... a 2006 Tacoma. It was used but he saved his money and fell in love with the Tacoma. I got the recall notice for the leaf springs and when I brought it to the dealer they showed me the frame and told me about the LSC. BUT... they refused to do anything about it because it was treated in 12/14 with the coating (4 months before my son bought it). One year and 4 months later the corrosion is worse. How can it be worse unless they did a piss poor job, tried to cover it up, didn't remove the existing rust, didn't prep it, are using BS products! Toyota refuses to do anything about it. I spoke with the customer service and opened a case. The supervisor Christopher Adamo told me the following:

· “I am the end of the line”

· “There will be no one that will want to listen to you”

· “There is no one that will even want to hear your story”

· “Your story is like many others. The answer won’t change”

Are you kidding me? This is how they talk to customers! They acknowledge the problem (and BTW if you do some research you will find that Tundras have a similar problem) and they have a remedy and when it doesn't work they say "oh well... we tried! Sorry!"

So what do I tell my son who is now stuck with a $15000 paperweight?!?!

My next step was to call CEO of North America Jim Lentz His number is 310-468-4000 Ext 5368. This brought me to an operator and I asked for Jim Lentz. He forwarded me to the Executive Analyst mailbox and I left a message. The mailbox said an analyst would contact me within 1 business day. Waiting for a reply...

I have done the following:

1) File a complaint with NHTSA against your dealership and Toyota. Toyota, for safety reasons should buy back these trucks because they are not safe to you or other people. NHTSA can force Toyota’s hand on this and should for safety reasons. https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/

2) File the same complaint against your dealership with the Consumer Protection Division of the Attorney’s General Office

3) File the same complaint with the Better Business Bureau https://w...ww.bbb.org/consumer-c…/file-a-complaint/get-started

3) Call Philip Milligan (479) 783-2213. He is an attorney in Arkansas running the class action law suit.

I have also created a Facebook page called Toyota Frame Corrosion where I am sharing information and hoping people will like the page and share information to help us all fight Toyota. Maybe the CEO should give us the millions he makes in salaries to help a kid buying his first truck... But that would be the right morale thing to do, wouldn't it?

7. Mar 19, 2016 at 11:46 AM
    ryanfamily3

Member:
    First Name:
    Dani
    My son purchased his very first vehicle... a 2006 Tacoma. It was used but he saved his money and fell in love with the Tacoma. I got the recall notice for the leaf springs and when I brought it to the dealer they showed me the frame and told me about the LSC. BUT... they refused to do anything about it because it was treated in 12/14 with the coating (4 months before my son bought it). One year and 4 months later the corrosion is worse. How can it be worse unless they did a piss poor job, tried to cover it up, didn't remove the existing rust, didn't prep it, are using BS products! Toyota refuses to do anything about it. I spoke with the customer service and opened a case. The supervisor Christopher Adamo told me the following:

· “I am the end of the line”

· “There will be no one that will want to listen to you”

· “There is no one that will even want to hear your story”

· “Your story is like many others. The answer won’t change”

Are you kidding me? This is how they talk to customers! They acknowledge the problem (and BTW if you do some research you will find that Tundras have a similar problem) and they have a remedy and when it doesn't work they say "oh well... we tried! Sorry!"

So what do I tell my son who is now stuck with a $15000 paperweight?!?!

My next step was to call CEO of North America Jim Lentz His number is 310-468-4000 Ext 5368. This brought me to an operator and I asked for Jim Lentz. He forwarded me to the Executive Analyst mailbox and I left a message. The mailbox said an analyst would contact me within 1 business day. Waiting for a reply...

I have done the following:

1) File a complaint with NHTSA against your dealership and Toyota. Toyota, for safety reasons should buy back these trucks because they are not safe to you or other people. NHTSA can force Toyota’s hand on this and should for safety reasons. https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/

2) File the same complaint against your dealership with the Consumer Protection Division of the Attorney’s General Office

3) File the same complaint with the Better Business Bureau https://w...ww.bbb.org/consumer-c…/file-a-complaint/get-started

3) Call Philip Milligan (479) 783-2213. He is an attorney in Arkansas running the class action law suit.

I have also created a Facebook page called Toyota Frame Corrosion where I am sharing information and hoping people will like the page and share information to help us all fight Toyota. Maybe the CEO should give us the millions he makes in salaries to help a kid buying his first truck... But that would be the right morale thing to do, wouldn't it?

8. Mar 19, 2016 at 12:38 PM
    Spintly

Spintly Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Home of the Groundhog
    Vehicle:
    85 Single Cab Pickup & 2000 911
    Sorry to hear that. Take it to another dealer.

9. Mar 19, 2016 at 12:39 PM
    ryanfamily3

Member:
    First Name:
    Dani
    same story... different dealer

10. Mar 19, 2016 at 12:40 PM
    ryanfamily3

Member:
    First Name:
    Dani
    Toyota knows about this problem and I am certain they have put out instructions to employees and dealers on how to handle this... everyone is speaking the same speak.

11. Mar 20, 2016 at 11:20 PM
    steelhd

steelhd Well-Known Member

Member:
    Eastern WA
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB TRD OR
    Mine hasn't been done but I suspect dealers don't eliminate frame rust (phosphoric acid) before they coat the frame. And I read somewhere that the coating they use is Noxudol 300 (http://www.noxudolusa.com/products/rust-protection-products/). If that's the case I think it's all but guaranteed that the CRC frames will continue to rust. I may be entirely wrong but if not that's a whole lot of trucks they screwed up.

12. Mar 21, 2016 at 8:18 AM
    ryanfamily3

Member:
    First Name:
    Dani
    CLASS ACTION INOFORMATION: Milligan Law (479) 783-0121 milliganlaw@sbcgloabl.net

There is a class action pending. if you have a rusted frame or even if you have traded your unsafe vehicle in due to the rusted frame please contact the law firm above. Get your name name added and pass on the information.

Bill Milligan stated that the end result they are looking for is to have Toyota buy back the effected vehicles.

13. Mar 24, 2016 at 9:05 AM
    caberg

caberg New Member

Member:
    Vermont
    I have a 2006 Tacoma Access Cab with 75k. Took it to the dealer yesterday for the LSC and was told that the frame is perforated. So now I'm waiting for a call to say Toyota has approved the frame replacement (won't be a problem, I was told) and then the frame kit will be ordered. Dealer could not say how long it will take for the new frame to come in. Dealer also said they have replaced more frames than any dealer in the country (Heritage Toyota, South Burlington, Vermont). This discussion has been helpful for me to learn what to expect and what to ask. I'll update with the progress of my frame replacement and try to answer any questions.

14. Mar 24, 2016 at 1:31 PM
    FilthyOx

FilthyOx Member

Member:
    Northern Vermont
    Vehicle:
    06 yota
    CBI Sliders, 265/75/16, PIAA Fogs
    Hey caberg I had my frame replaced on my 06 in December at Handy Toyota in St albans. Took 9 months to get the frame and 4 months to get a loaner car. They should be providing you a loaner free of charge if you truck is undrivable! Mine was uninspectable for sure.

15. Mar 24, 2016 at 2:25 PM
    Jeffch

Jeffch Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    2018 off road
    Running 285/75/16s
    Look at the Vermonters here!!
    So I took my 08 to Handys got the crc crap 5/2015. Was not happy but what the hell it comes with warranty right?
    Handys says have a good life no warranty. Pissed off I was asked to leave (my last 5 vehicles have been purchased there). I wanted it removed if they will not warranty.
    Long story I called Toyota care sent a nasty e-mail to someone at Toyota not sure who. Got called back and e-mailed back.
    1 year warranty on the crc job and 15 years on my frame from manufacture date.
    Had to push my father in law to get his 06 in for inspection. I had warned him about the springs also, both his were broke and he used it until his rearend shifted.
    He is now in line for a new frame at Handys and they have already quoted 600$ out of pocket to do the frame.

16. Mar 25, 2016 at 9:16 AM
    caberg

caberg New Member

Member:
    Vermont
    The dealer said my truck was driveable but uninspectable. I'm not sure how the DMV would feel about the dealership sending trucks back out on the road which they know would fail inspection, but that's what they did for me. Anyway, my sticker is up at the end of June, and they said if the frame is not in by then, they will give me a loaner at that time. No mention of any out-of-pocket costs on my part, but I guess we'll see.

TRDSport10 likes this.
  17. Mar 25, 2016 at 9:21 AM
    FilthyOx

FilthyOx Member

Member:
    Northern Vermont
    Vehicle:
    06 yota
    I was quoted $500 from handys but in the end I paid 150 for misc parts. I think they are quoting very high on purpose. Mine was an 06 and very rusty underneath for what it's worth.

18. Mar 25, 2016 at 10:57 AM
    caberg

caberg New Member

Member:
    Vermont
    Does that mean you drove a loaner for 5 months? What kind of vehicle? I wouldn't mind putting miles on someone else's vehicle for 5 months but would hope to get a truck. Did your truck sit in the dealer's lot all that time?

19. Mar 25, 2016 at 11:12 AM
    FilthyOx

FilthyOx Member

Member:
    Northern Vermont
    Vehicle:
    06 yota
    I did have a loaner from August to December. Put about 10,000 miles on it, only paid for gas,and it was a brand new camry with 3 miles on it. I did try and get a truck or have them put winter tires on the car but they wouldn't do either.

My truck sat there the entire time. In that time the muffler rusted out and they wouldn't let it pass inspection once the frame was repaired. They also didn't tighten my cap down properly but it was not not an issue as I did it myself when I noticed it was loose.

20. Mar 25, 2016 at 12:26 PM
    Jeffch

Jeffch Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    2018 off road
    Running 285/75/16s
    His was bad he does not take care of it at all. I crawled under it to wrap his springs so the broken ones couldn't spin and get into the wheel or tank. Glad you guys are getting frames. I'd had liked a new one but I wouldn't want for it to set at the dealer like that. Does not seem right waiting 4 months for the loaner?
    My father in law still has his, they will call I guess when a frame comes in.
    4-6 weeks to swap the frame he was also told.

Products Discussed in

To Top