1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Limited vs Sport vs Off Road vs TRD Pro stock suspension/ride height

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by alegerlotz, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Jul 7, 2020 at 11:30 AM
    alegerlotz

alegerlotz [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma Limited 4x4
    I drive a 2017 Limited 4x4 AT that is completely stock.

I've been having a hard time trying to determine if the factory ride height is the same between all of these trucks (it appears that the Pro starts 1.5" higher) and for any that are higher from the factory, what components are responsible for that difference? Springs? Springs + Shocks? Are control arms, sway bars, sway bar links all the same?

I'm considering moving to bigger tires and I see a lot of information about stock Sport/OR/Pro upgrades, etc... but Limited models seem few and far between on this forum.

I'm trying to determine if the same lift (lets say 1 inch) on a Sport or Off Road will lift a Limited the same amount, or if the suspension is different on the Limited since it seems to be more of a "luxury" model.

Ultimately I'm thinking of moving from 265/60-18 tires to 265/65-18 tires (30.5" to 31.6") on the stock rims (18x7.5 18mm ET30) and adding bilstein 5100s with stock springs on the first notch (one notch above stock springs) to deal with any rub that may occur. Rear would remain stock height, but with the 5100s as well.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

2. Jul 7, 2020 at 11:37 AM
    TeeYoda

TeeYoda Well-Known Member

Member:
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    2003 2.7L Tacoma sr5 4x4
    They are all the same ride height expect for the Pro which has a 1 inch lift in the front (rear lift is the same as other models). And it's springs that provide lift, not shocks.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
    Chew and alegerlotz[OP] like this.
  3. Jul 16, 2020 at 12:51 PM
    Cdnguy

Cdnguy Member

Member:
    Bilstein shocks WILL lift a vehicle depending on what notch you put them on. Alegerlotz, I'm looking to do the exact with my Sport. Just enough to get a larger tire in there. I have 17 inch rims though.

4. Jul 16, 2020 at 12:58 PM
    alegerlotz

alegerlotz [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma Limited 4x4
    I'm considering either the Bilstein 5100 setup or the Eibach Pro Coilovers paired with Eibach rear shocks. With the Coilovers I can go anywhere from 0" to 2" of lift, correct for any lean, etc... I'm not in a hurry because my stock tires aren't used up yet.

Products Discussed in

To Top