1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

lin-x wheels

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by stunt man hans, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Jun 4, 2011 at 11:43 PM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans [OP] displaced viking living in New Hampshire

Member:
    First Name:
    hans
    THE LIVE FREE OR DIE STATE
    Vehicle:
    2010 tacoma reg cab 4x4 5spd 4cyl
    undercover se, pop&lock tailgate, rallye 1000 hela black magic lights, black grill craft grill lower. twm m1 abrams shift knob, ap ubolt flip kit & ifs high clearance skid , timbren bumpstops, pro comp 3 inch lift, goodrich ss braklines front and rear, lr uca's, customlightz.com fx-r 55 watt retrofit, ARB deluxe bull bar, vision-x solstice pods, black wet okole seat cover,weather tech digital floor mats window visors toyota hood guard, safari snorkel, full bed rug, full putco led swap hd led flasher cf18-08, pioneer bluetooth ipod navigation double din headunit, flowmaster 40 muffler custom center outlet exhaust, regear and arb lockers, arb rear bumper if they ever fucking release one lol and arb sliders coming soon as well as a new line-xtra paint job!
    i'm wanting to get a set of stock steel wheels and i had the bright idea of having them sprayed in line-xtra for the durability and looks of it all. have any of you tw guy's ever seen or heard of this being done. i thought right off the bat about possible problems with balancing them but i do know of a good shop and i'm pretty confident they could lay it on pretty even and obviously not as thick as they normally probably just a few milimeters would do the trick. if you are familiar with this please podt up.

2. Jun 4, 2011 at 11:45 PM
    krimson

krimson Nothin

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    OME 3" lift with 885 coils. OME Shocks with TSB 1.5 AAL. 285/75/16 KM2s. XD Hoss 16" wheels. DDM Tuning 6000K HIDs, H10 6000K Fogs. BHLM. Debaged. 20% tint on front windows.
    It will more than likely keep your tires off balance..

3. Jun 9, 2011 at 10:25 AM
    Yamaha Dave

Yamaha Dave Well-Known Member

Member:
    Durability yes, looks uh no it'll look like sh#t.

4. Jun 9, 2011 at 10:27 AM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans [OP] displaced viking living in New Hampshire

Member:
    First Name:
    hans
    THE LIVE FREE OR DIE STATE
    Vehicle:
    2010 tacoma reg cab 4x4 5spd 4cyl
    undercover se, pop&lock tailgate, rallye 1000 hela black magic lights, black grill craft grill lower. twm m1 abrams shift knob, ap ubolt flip kit & ifs high clearance skid , timbren bumpstops, pro comp 3 inch lift, goodrich ss braklines front and rear, lr uca's, customlightz.com fx-r 55 watt retrofit, ARB deluxe bull bar, vision-x solstice pods, black wet okole seat cover,weather tech digital floor mats window visors toyota hood guard, safari snorkel, full bed rug, full putco led swap hd led flasher cf18-08, pioneer bluetooth ipod navigation double din headunit, flowmaster 40 muffler custom center outlet exhaust, regear and arb lockers, arb rear bumper if they ever fucking release one lol and arb sliders coming soon as well as a new line-xtra paint job!
    i like the look of line-xtra for sure that was not the question. i was wondering if if it would impede the balancing of the set up? i'm sraying my whole truck in that shit when my lift is done:D

5. Jun 9, 2011 at 10:29 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '13 Ford F-150 SCREW
    F-150 Mod
    Why line-x as apposed to powdercoat or spray paint? You can't really touch up line-x like you can just normal rattle can jobs. I think it'd look decent enough, just wondering what the reasoning behind it is?

To Top