1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Line-X or Rhino Line?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 1-3-2-4, Jan 1, 2009.

?

Which spray on bedliner do you prefer?

1. Rhino Line

112 vote(s)
    21.7%
  2. Line-X

352 vote(s)
    68.1%
  3. Other

53 vote(s)
    10.3%
  1. Apr 15, 2010 at 2:31 AM
    bruinsrme

bruinsrme Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Worcester
    Vehicle:
    BRM 2010
    I did my dakota in rhino. the guy spraying did a horrible job. My friend went to another rhino place and the spray was amazing, great job. Took my jetski to that place and they did a fantastic job spraying a rhino liner keel guard on.

I want to have the bed on the new truck done, not a big fan of the bed mat.

2. Apr 15, 2010 at 8:13 AM
    skunk

skunk what did I miss?

Member:
    First Name:
    Rudi
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD 4x4 (STOLEN)
    YOU WILL BE MISSED Satoshi Grill, FX-R retros, husky liners, bed bolt d-rings, TRD short throw shifter, 2.5 Fox Coil overs, AP UCA's, AP Expo rear leaf with Fox 2.0 shocks, Extended SS brake lines, AP kick-out sliders, 265/75/16 on Konig Countersteers, AllPro Apex front bumper and Zip Ties.
    Rhino, Line-X, Onyx.....etc.. They are all mostly the same. Line-x is known for the harder materials. Rhino is known for the rubbery, softer liner but some shops now offer harder materierial if it is desired.
    Each applicator is going to have their own work ethic and technique. The best thing you can do is research and see examples of their work before you commit. Set the standard you want before you just leave your truck for installation.

3. May 26, 2010 at 2:11 PM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Jason'sLawnCare Prepared for Bambi

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Double Cab TRD Rugged Trail
    CBI Moab 2.0, CBI Trail Rider 2.0, CBI sliders w/kickout, Superwinch EPi9.0S, OME sport shocks w/886 coils, OME n182, 1.5" aal, JasonBuilt 3/16th full belly skid, BuiltRight uca, Body Mount Chop, 285/75/16 km2's, Rear cat delete, exhaust crossover rerouted, Fog light anytime, Locker mod, Rear leaf tsb, Debadged, Uws Tool Box, Electric Exhaust Cutout, AFE Pro Dry S, Kiwi Wifi, Diff Breather Relocated, Grom Ipod Adapter, Dual Diehard platinum batteries isolated by BlueSea marine switch
    Did you use the diy herculiner? Have you done your sliders yet? How's it holding up?

4. Jun 6, 2010 at 10:00 PM
    ktmrider

ktmrider Senior Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB 4x4 Sport S/C
    Junk
    has anybody put bed liner in their composite beds?

5. Jun 6, 2010 at 11:45 PM
    OH-MAN

OH-MAN Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Sunny Az.
    Vehicle:
    10 4X4 O.R. White
    TRD skid painted black,
    That is one of my next mods.
    i snet an Email to duplicolor about the new armortec with kevlar stuff I have been seeing on TV car shows lately.

The answer was pretty much we don't know and check with Toyota.
    I am sure that will get a dance around answer just like duplicolor.

I will be using a buddys shop that he uses for the dealership he works at.
    Stay tuned. :D

6. Jun 6, 2010 at 11:48 PM
    supremetaco2

supremetaco2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    concrete jungle, oahu
    Vehicle:
    04inacoma
    +hp, lifted, lights, dif breather mod, debadged, shorty antenna...
    herculiner for the win! good write up tacoman101 now i can direct people there for help! :)

7. Jun 7, 2010 at 7:43 AM
    a89aries

a89aries Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    London Ontario
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD offroad
    I had my Avid bar, N-Fab Nurf bars, and skid plates all sprayed with the Line-X Xtra with DuPont Kevlar. Was it cheap? No. Will it ever fade or wear off? No!

It cleans off extremely easy, looks great and is really tough! Worth every penny! :cool:

8. Jun 9, 2010 at 9:38 PM
    a89aries

a89aries Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    London Ontario
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD offroad
  9. Jun 14, 2010 at 6:41 PM
    waynesworld

waynesworld Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    wayne
    hampton ,va
    Vehicle:
    05 trd off road 4x4 dcsb auto silver streak
    rancho lift 2in rs9000shocks on front,avs in channel vent visors,tacoma entry guards,oem bed extender,weathertech floor mats,access vanish bed cover,tailgate mod ,alpine stereo,xm stereo.trd skidplate.mobil 1 extended performance oil, avid light bar
    line x, my friend just had his truck done it looks awesome.:cool:

10. Jul 26, 2010 at 7:36 PM
    Hot Sace

Hot Sace Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sue
    Cali.
    Vehicle:
    *01 S-Runner*
    Welded roll pan, custom tail lights, tail lights are candied and smoked, 20' chrome rims 225/35/20, Line-X Xtra bedliner, Chassis Tech leafs, LCE short shifter, Eibach drop coils, 3 peice Racemesh grille, 4 wd lower valance w/ Racemesh grille (not yet finished and installed), blacked headlights, corners and blinkers, Hid headlights, Eclipse head unit. Have new rims on order (HP Design Lightning 18'), single pane rear window, shaved tailgate, all windows tinted including full windsheild,
    I have the Line-X Xtra. Got an amazing deal. Looks fantastic. Doesn't have the stickiness of Rhino which I like much better. Also will NEVER fade. It is worth the extra money hands down. Being that it is heat applied.....it cures quickly, and also has much better, even coverage. Will not tear like Rhino, but for any reason it does chip (which this stuff is so tuff, it would be hard) it is easily patched by a Line-X dealer and you will never bee able to see the repair.

11. Jul 26, 2010 at 9:39 PM
    jeepmor

jeepmor Well-Known Member

Member:
    Stumptown
    I've had the Arma coat product (lineX early cousin...LineX...wink, wink) in my jeep CJ7 for 14 years without a hitch. Both products are very good, I think thinner is better as long as it's tough. 1/16" is fine, but I wanted 1/8 like most for the damping and insulating properties.

My coating has been ultra tough, my entire under body, firewall, fender wells, front fenders and interior are coated with it. I did this shop's first bed rail edge rollover on a jeep and it has never peeled. Door jambs all the way around to the other door. It was put on in 95 on bare metal with a light etch primer.

One of the best investments in my jeep ever. Sorry, don't mean to jack a Taco thread, but my Taco is new and my DD. My jeep isn't. This coating stuff is dialed. DIY or Pay to Play, all these products deliver good results in my experience as long as you follow directions to the letter.

I'm gonna ask.....why the hell would you do that?

12. Jul 26, 2010 at 9:45 PM
    jeepmor

jeepmor Well-Known Member

Member:
    Stumptown
    I've had the Arma coat product (lineX early cousin...LineX...wink, wink) in my jeep CJ7 for 14 years without a hitch. Both products are very good, I think thinner is better as long as it's tough. 1/16" is fine, but I wanted 1/8 like most for the damping and insulating properties.

My coating has been ultra tough, my entire under body, firewall, fender wells, front fenders and interior are coated with it. I did this shops first bed rail rollover on a jeep and it has never peeled. Door jambs all the way around to the other door.

One of the best investments in my jeep ever. Sorry, don't mean to jack a Taco thread, but my Taco is new and my DD. My jeep isn't. This coating stuff is dialed. DIY or Pay to Play, all these products deliver good results in my experience as long as you follow directions to the letter.

13. Oct 4, 2010 at 8:36 PM
    S.B.

S.B. Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    15 Taco
    LT, Glass, CBI Front bumper, NWTI Rear bumper, 35s
    Its all in the prep-work.

14. Oct 5, 2010 at 4:19 AM
    tacoman101

tacoman101 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    scott
    vermont
    Vehicle:
    2001 Tacoma sr5 xtra cab 4wd
    blue led headlights, 285/75/16 grabber AT2's, custom pedals, custom shifter, flowmaster 40 series muffler, bedlinered fender flares, 2.5" lift kit via shackles and spacers, custom exhaust out the back, chrome exhaust tip, and Herculined bed, Weathertech floormats, Cabelas Trail Gear Camo Seat Covers ... Nice thing was I got the truck for $4000
    x2

15. Jan 21, 2011 at 5:22 AM
    avionicsman

avionicsman Member

Member:
    Neither. I used a company that does industrial coatings. Truck beds are not part of their business...I think NASA and Disney are just two of their bigger customers.

In my opinion results were better than the two name brands.

16. Apr 29, 2011 at 6:38 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
  17. May 11, 2011 at 7:36 PM
    tacoman355

tacoman355 WORD!?!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Hampton,VA
    Vehicle:
    03 Reg Cab Taco
    sold....
    x2

18. May 12, 2011 at 6:45 AM
    Jpar

Jpar New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD Off-road
    I have a 2008 Tacoma Prerunner and I'm thinking about getting the front bumper painted with Line-X. Does anyone have any experience with this? and if so can you post pictures. I had the bed of my 2001 Tacoma Line-X'd and I was super happy with it.

19. May 12, 2011 at 6:52 AM
    Detective_Dan

Detective_Dan "Place original and witty user title here"

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB Beast / 2016 Yamaha FZ-07
    Pelfreybilt Front Plate Bumper, Brute Force Fab High Clearance Rear Bumper, Pelfreybilt Sliders, OME 886/Dakars, SCS F5's, 33" Ko2's, Cobra 75WXST/3' Firestik, oil catch can, aero turbine 2525, rear differential breather extension, bedmat, weathertech digital fit front/rear, BHLM, custom shiftknob (made by me),
    i line x'd my avid bar, and has held up great for over a year and has held up to plenty of abuse

20. Jun 26, 2011 at 8:06 AM
    Maticuno

Maticuno Resident Pine Swine

Member:
    California High Deserts
    Vehicle:
    2011 Suburban 2500
    JBA Shorty Headers, Flowmaster FlowFX Sing/Dual Exhaust
    My old F-150 was Line-X'd. I love the stuff. So much so that instead of buying new plastics for my aging quad, I just took the cracked and faded ones off and had them sprayed.
    [​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top