1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Little Brat Fights Police

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by topgun155, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Apr 6, 2011 at 12:24 PM
    CaptainFun

CaptainFun That Guy

Member:
    Washington DC
    Vehicle:
    2005 Double Cab 4x4
    Violence, assault and threats are not how I would describe normal "kids being kids" mischief.

Accountability for him and more sternly his parents. Mommy is not preparing him well for life after school.

2. Apr 6, 2011 at 12:30 PM
    davestaco

davestaco TW's number one gear whore

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Schofield Barracks
    Vehicle:
    00' tacoma xtra cab trd v6 4x4
    see if i did that at that age i prolly wouldnt be here today. I got beatins and i thanks my parents for it. it made me a better person and it helped me learn what was right and wrong. I just cant understand how you let your kid do that.

3. Apr 6, 2011 at 12:35 PM
    Zanamoe

Zanamoe Future ruler of the world!

Member:
    First Name:
    Curt
    Bakersfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Grey Off-Road Only
    3" Pro Comp lift kit, Moto Metal black wheels, Pro Comp. Xtreme TA tires, Cobra CB radio with PA, custom rear light bar, rear tailgater deterrent lights, desert whip mount, tinted windows, black headlight mod and blacked fog lights, GrillCraft black mesh grill, Tacoma bed mat, extra d-ring mod, behind grill light bar, hid 700ff Hellas, blacked emblems, Maglite mount, flipped spare, fogs anytime, washable cabin air filter, AFE pro dry airfilter, Redline hood struts, led interior lights, Magnaflow muffler, 18" Stubby antenna
    i liked that his mother said that they took him off his medication(which i dont believe in) because he was getting fat. did anyone see her fatass? anyways the cops did what needed to be done.

4. Apr 6, 2011 at 12:36 PM
    CaptainFun

CaptainFun That Guy

Member:
    Washington DC
    Vehicle:
    2005 Double Cab 4x4
    Especially with mom at home being all to eager to deflect blame onto others.

5. Apr 6, 2011 at 12:37 PM
    Fenrisulfr

Fenrisulfr Well-Known Member

Member:
    SW-VA
    Vehicle:
    Tundra w/ TRD 5,7L V8 4x4
    I would not either. That said, coop a bunch of children thirty to a room, subject them to monotony and drudgery day in and day out, and things like this are prone to happen, if only because one of them shows some signs of life and sees fit to revolt against it.

6. Apr 6, 2011 at 12:38 PM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    I agree.1st the mom needs a good beating.2nd there is no reason why a grown ass man would have to pepper spray an 8year old. Whats next,a taser?? Another jerk move by a cop.

7. Apr 6, 2011 at 12:45 PM
    CaptainFun

CaptainFun That Guy

Member:
    Washington DC
    Vehicle:
    2005 Double Cab 4x4
    I agree to a point, especially with treating children with drugs if they are not absolutely necessary. (I'll leave that for another thread)

But assault and violent outbursts are not appropriate responses to anger and frustration. Threatening and attempting to harm another person is grounds for police to nuetralize the threat with non lethal force. The article quotes the kid as wanting a sharp object. Even a child with a sharp weapon could cause long lasting physical injuries to an adult.

8. Apr 6, 2011 at 12:51 PM
    Fenrisulfr

Fenrisulfr Well-Known Member

Member:
    SW-VA
    Vehicle:
    Tundra w/ TRD 5,7L V8 4x4
    That I did not dispute as I addressed the underlying causes. That said, in my observation, medication can and often backfires.

9. Apr 6, 2011 at 1:18 PM
    CaptainFun

CaptainFun That Guy

Member:
    Washington DC
    Vehicle:
    2005 Double Cab 4x4

Underlying cause being what... Crowded boring classes or medication?

Monotonous work and boring surrounding are a fact of life... I say tough shit to the kid and his excuse making mother.

I will not deny or attempt to debate the unquantifiable ramifications of medication on childhood development as I am not qualified to do so. If he has medical or psychological issues he needs appropriate treatment, if he has an attitude problem he just got some good old fashioned medicine.

10. Apr 6, 2011 at 1:35 PM
    Pingo

Pingo Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Pole, AK
    Vehicle:
    2014 S/C TRD Offroad A/C
    Absolutely ridiculous to me that they pepper sprayed the kid. Sure the kid was being a little shit and has a history of it and probably has terrible parenting but no way could it have been necessary.

I use to work at a school and we had almost an identical situation with a kid tackling another kid and throwing chairs and a tv stand etc. We got the kids out, most of the female teachers went with the kids, and me and the principle sat there and talked to him till he calmed down and his parents arrived. He tried to throw a chair at me multiple times and I just grabbed whatever it was he was holding. HES A 2ND GRADER, unless the kids got a gun or a knife no way in hell pepper spray should ever even be considered. Fucking unbelievable act of excessive force.

11. Apr 6, 2011 at 1:45 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit

It's not their job to make sure that precious little snowflake doesn't get harmed-It's their job to keep themselves and others safe from little psychos like this. Multiple run in's with the police at this age...If he was threatening to KILL people and looking for WEAPONS OF OPPORTUNITY...He got everything that was coming to him.

12. Apr 6, 2011 at 1:51 PM
    G scott04

G scott04 ...

Member:
    First Name:
    Garrett
    Mesa
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner
    :cheers::bowdown::bowdown::cheers:

13. Apr 6, 2011 at 1:52 PM
    Pingo

Pingo Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Pole, AK
    Vehicle:
    2014 S/C TRD Offroad A/C

He's eight. kids say shit all the time that they don't mean especially when they're angry. I think it 100% should be taken seriously and not ignored, however pepper spraying an eight year old is pretty much the definition of excessive force. You're correct, it is their job to keep themselves and others safe. What was this kid going to do in a room where all the kids and teachers had left, was alone with the cops, and his mom was less than 10 minutes away? Yeah I think this kid should get punished for his behavior just like I was when I was a kid, and yeah that probably won't happen after watching the interview with his mom, and yes I think this kid is probably a lunatic in the making. However this doesn't give the police the right to pepper spray a fucking 2nd grader when he wasn't an imminent threat to ANYONE. If you felt like your life was in danger as a cop when your alone with a 2nd grader and he doesn't have a weapon, you should be fired on the spot.

14. Apr 6, 2011 at 1:56 PM
    THExBUSxDRIVER

THExBUSxDRIVER Victory is reserved...

Member:
    First Name:
    GOO5E
    Vehicle:
    Old Man Tan!
    Not enough.
    Seeing this, I condone ass whoopins. I have cheered on parents smackin their kids in the store haha. That will teach them what happens when they throw a tantrum.

15. Apr 6, 2011 at 1:59 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Here is a quick link to a google search: http://www.google.com/search?q=amaz...=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=54ce256d8c837dac

It's 8 year old black belts. Those cops don't know who they are facing....Same way a 110 lbs dude becomes an insane superman on PCP...

He didn't listen to what they were saying- It ABSOLUTELY gives them the justification for using a non-lethal force option. Pepper spray is a two part technique-Spray and subdue. If you resist the police they are going to continue to work to control the situation with all the options they have. They weren't in fear for their lives- If they were they would have use guns not peppers.

16. Apr 6, 2011 at 1:59 PM
    CaptainFun

CaptainFun That Guy

Member:
    Washington DC
    Vehicle:
    2005 Double Cab 4x4

The kid was looking for weapons and his own words indicated he would use them. He has a violent history and the teachers barricaded themselves for safety. You would be surprised the damage an angry, armed 2nd grader could do to and adult in an enclosed space. Threat was neutralized with non lethal force... Police should avoid close combat scenarios with anyone at all costs. Case closed.

17. Apr 6, 2011 at 2:04 PM
    TacoMatt02

TacoMatt02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    02 sr5 double cab
    love how every single time the word cop comes around you feel the need to defend them to your grave no matter what the damn situation is. I'm sure if you had a family member that was dealt with in a questionable situation with cop you'd take the damn cops side for christs sake.:rolleyes: It's a fuckin 8 year old if a couple of grown men can't take care of him without pepper spray they have no need to be on a police force. pussies

18. Apr 6, 2011 at 2:08 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    I love how you read whatever you want and ignore reality. I don't feel like going back thru all the posts I've made that have said that cops blew it in a situation or whatever.

If I had a family member that dealt with a "questionable" situation-which could be anything and is a piss poor example- I'd find out what I could about the story and make a decision about it instead of immediately assuming that all cops are bad.

I'll say again- There are 8 year olds who could whup ass on a lot of adults out there...I'm not gunna take the chance that I found one of the those kids-I'm gunna go home safe and sound to my family. And I'm not gunna hold it against these cops for doing the same thing.

19. Apr 6, 2011 at 2:08 PM
    TacoMatt02

TacoMatt02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    02 sr5 double cab
    read buddy I never called the mod a pussy, i called the cops pussies. I like cops but not when they do this dumb shit. There's a new thread everyday

20. Apr 6, 2011 at 2:08 PM
    Pingo

Pingo Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Pole, AK
    Vehicle:
    2014 S/C TRD Offroad A/C
    Well I wouldn't be surprised cause like I previously said, I've been in almost that exact identical situation with a kid that wasn't on his meds. He was even a 2nd grader but was a lot bigger then this kid. Had a violent history, was making threats, and looking for weapons. So I can tell you from experience that no way in hell was pepper spray necessary. I am in no way condoning this kids behavior and think the little shit shouldn't be punished, but no fucking way in hell could pepper spray be required unless the kid literally HAD a weapon and was attempting to hurt the police. The worst weapon this kid could have had was scissors or a pencil or something, and I'm telling you right now its not hard to grab a psycho out of control 2nd graders arm and grab the weapon out of it.

Products Discussed in

To Top