1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Little Brat Fights Police

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by topgun155, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Apr 7, 2011 at 11:48 AM
    TacoAL

TacoAL Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    AL
    The Gunshine State
    Vehicle:
    TC
    None (for now)
    Nothing like white trash and their little urchins. Lets all send them a mighty thanks for living off of our tax dollars.

2. Apr 7, 2011 at 11:50 AM
    TacPro45

TacPro45 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD Sport Double Cab Long Bed
    Weathertech Floor Liners
    You are an idiot.

Kid rushes me with a knife, kid gets shot no questions asked.

3. Apr 7, 2011 at 11:54 AM
    TacoAL

TacoAL Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    AL
    The Gunshine State
    Vehicle:
    TC
    None (for now)
    Agreed.

4. Apr 7, 2011 at 11:55 AM
    HerNameIsLucy

HerNameIsLucy I miss Lucy. :-(

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Equador. Don't know why.
    Vehicle:
    RIP Lucy.
    She's gone but not forgotten.
    Shoot him and THEN mace him.

5. Apr 7, 2011 at 12:10 PM
    flightcancled

flightcancled Addicted

Member:
    Syracuse NY/ Nantucket MA
    Camper top with racks, Custom fogs behind lower bumper. Interior LED lighting, Rock Lights, Hella 500s with upraged bulbs behind black billet grill, AAL, Front 5100s
    First off the kid was looking for a weapon, didn't see it saying that he found one. That would make the cops a bit less of douches. Still what kind of man needs mace to restrain a chubby 8 year old with a pointed peice of maple trim? What can he weigh, 80lbs? Not much of a chance verses multiple grown men.

Second, reasoning is a learned skill that this kid's mom clearly hasn't been practicing with him. I have no doubt that he assaults his mother and thinks its totally ok to do it to other people too based on his actions.

I'll just file this under reasons why I will reserve the right to punish my kids physically. Reasoning with children only works if untimately you are still holding the bargining chips and they know what is at stake.

6. Apr 7, 2011 at 12:19 PM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    thats what i was thinking, but not having LEO training i was wondering if they were following procedure or just flying by the seat of their pants. for the record, i'd have sprayed the little shit too..... twice....

could not agree more with your last statement.

7. Apr 7, 2011 at 1:24 PM
    btuner

btuner <<<<>>>>

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Hendersonville NC
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5
    Stage III TRD Badge
  8. Apr 7, 2011 at 2:21 PM
    TacPro45

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Weathertech Floor Liners
    It's not worth them even getting scratched to control this kid, that's the point. They have procedures and I'm sure they were followed.

What happens if you go to grab this kid and he jams his stick in your eye? Now you're blind and this debate turns into why didn't you spray him.

Anything that can harm anyone can be a weapon, it doesn't have to be straight forward like a gun or a grenade. It's easy to pass judgment on someone's actions after the fact. Bottom line is this little bastard got what he got because of his actions, and the officers did what they had to do.

9. Apr 7, 2011 at 2:29 PM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    well here's a good question. how many people on this board have tried to subdue an irate human being? i use to work in a state run mental hospital, where we had to deal with this kind of shit all the time. when someone is like that they have no regard for you or even THEMSELVES. if he was swinging and kicking and biting and thrashing, the cops would have had to get him on the ground to gain control. do you know how easy it would have been for a grown man in that situation to crack a kids rib, or break a wrist? we accidentally hurt full grown patients on many occasions trying to subdue them (we also got hurt quite often), so its not unreasonable for those cops to be afraid of using brute force.

10. Apr 7, 2011 at 2:33 PM
    Pingo

Pingo Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Pole, AK
    Vehicle:
    2014 S/C TRD Offroad A/C

What happens if the kid found a knife and you shot him? It's not worth them getting scratched but its ok to end an eight year olds life because he has anger issues that haven't been figured out yet. Makes a lot of sense. That's just the thing the officers didn't do what they had to do, they did more. All they had to do was grab the kid or talk to him for 10 minutes till his mom showed up. No where did it even say the kid had a weapon. No where did it say he was charging at the cops and was a threat. An 8 year old was out of control angry and a bunch of grown ass men decided they couldn't handle the situation without pepper spraying him. Bottom line.

11. Apr 7, 2011 at 2:34 PM
    Pingo

Pingo Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Pole, AK
    Vehicle:
    2014 S/C TRD Offroad A/C

full grown mental hospital patients =/= an 8 year old kid....

12. Apr 7, 2011 at 2:34 PM
    TacoAL

TacoAL Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    AL
    The Gunshine State
    Vehicle:
    TC
    None (for now)
    Long story short 29 times. There was not going to be #30. And that's what lead to a office job.

13. Apr 7, 2011 at 2:44 PM
    TacPro45

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Weathertech Floor Liners
    If the kid found a knife and made a move indicating physical injury was going to happen then and there then shooting is definitely justified. Just because the kid is young doesn't excuse him from his wrong doing.

Obviously a child physically poses little threat to an adult but factor a weapon in then it's an entirely different story.

Again, even if he had no weapon, force against an officer is just that and if they thought a tactic below pepper spray would be ineffective or jeopardize their safety they can do what they feel necessary to control the situation.

Parents clearly hadn't done anything in 8 years what would waiting ten minutes for them accomplish?

The sad part is that this is on the news while we are engaged in a war and Japan has been destroyed by a natural disaster. Much more important things going on than bad parenting and an obese child. That's what's really the issue IMO.

14. Apr 7, 2011 at 3:09 PM
    Pingo

Pingo Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Pole, AK
    Vehicle:
    2014 S/C TRD Offroad A/C

Classic I don't care what the officers did, they're officers so I'm sure it was the correct choice attitude.

Waiting 10 minutes would have calmed the kid down and the parent could have taken him home such as the previous two instances. But you are clearly qualified to be commenting on what his parents have or haven't done in 8 years.

Kid was recently took off medication because it was causing him to become obese but I know reading an article before making judgments on it is pretty tough. Also I don't know where you've been but only so much of the "war" we're in and the devastation in japan can be shown and shown over and over. You make it sound like the news is choosing this kid's situation over these events.

15. Apr 7, 2011 at 3:19 PM
    TacPro45

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Weathertech Floor Liners
    I'm pretty sure the news chooses whatever will be the hot topic for the moment. I never said every cop makes the right decision every time, I know actually reading my post would be too difficult.

Law enforcement is a thankless job and no matter what you do you will get shit for it. If they didn't act and someone else got hurt that would be their fault too.

Defending a kid who admitted his intentions is pretty ridiculous. He meant no good and that is fact.

16. Apr 7, 2011 at 3:26 PM
    TacPro45

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Weathertech Floor Liners
    Love to hate them until your sisters house is getting robbed!

17. Apr 7, 2011 at 3:39 PM
    Tacoma206

Tacoma206 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    2010 Super White 4WD
    I have no problem with the pepper spray. Bad parenting techniques, lack of male figure, behavior disorders, etc... Put those aside and look at the situation. The police probably don't have the money to put together a special unit to talk a kid like that down nor are they necessarily available (budget cuts are killing police departments). And the stigma of it being in a school, if he repeatedly does this and only gets "talked to" who is to say he can learn what is right if there isn't a serious repercussion from the police. Being the same school district as columbine I honestly wouldn't have been that surprised if the taser was pulled out or considered.

18. Apr 7, 2011 at 3:50 PM
    Pingo

Pingo Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Pole, AK
    Vehicle:
    2014 S/C TRD Offroad A/C
    I did read your post and that is exactly what your attitude was, as well as multiple others on this site. You don't have to literally type it. I am in no way defending the kid or his actions. Merely questioning the officer's. "admitted his intentions"? He's 8...unarmed...in a room by himself...he got to go on the news and show off all his toys and stupid shit like that you think hes going to go on national tv and say, " YEAH FUCK THA POLICE" No he is going to go and say that he learned his lesson.

19. Apr 7, 2011 at 3:59 PM
    TacPro45

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Weathertech Floor Liners
    Seems like you are, and like you said you don't have to actually type it.

Police are trained to deal with situations and how to make decisions on the fly. Anyone can armchair quarterback after the fact, I am talking about the most likely thought process that occurred, officer safety and innocent civilian safety is top priority in the realm of law enforcement. That is fact. These officers made the decision they felt to be right and I'm sure it will hold up if taken to court.

The kid admitted what his intentions were so that about proves the point in my opinion. He meant to do harm to people if given the opportunity, he was subdued before he got that chance, thankfully.

Products Discussed in

To Top