1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Little Help with Noise...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by ETaco23, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Mar 28, 2012 at 9:11 PM
    ETaco23

ETaco23 [OP] Marshall offroad Fabrication

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    13' Pyrite Mica TRD Offroad DCSB 4x4
    Color Match Grille, Bed mat, Kings with JBA UCA's, Dakars and 34" BFG KM3, Snugtop Canopy, and my "Marshall Fabrication" Rock Sliders.
    I have been rescently noticing a noise when I decelerate, or coming to a stop. It almost sounds like I have agressive MT tires. Like a low Hum, groan.. I checked wheel bearings and there fine, I think... (No noise when spinning tires, and no play)

Oh and it doesnt matter if Im braking or not. still does it. And it gets louder the harder/faster I brake/slow down.
    any input would greatly help out!

2. Mar 28, 2012 at 9:40 PM
    ETaco23

ETaco23 [OP] Marshall offroad Fabrication

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    13' Pyrite Mica TRD Offroad DCSB 4x4
    Color Match Grille, Bed mat, Kings with JBA UCA's, Dakars and 34" BFG KM3, Snugtop Canopy, and my "Marshall Fabrication" Rock Sliders.
    Could be that my duratracs are broken in now and making alittle more noise... but not sure. I dont hear anything when accelerate, sometimes when cruising at slower speeds I can hear it and when coming to a stop..

3. Mar 29, 2012 at 8:49 AM
    Utard

Utard Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Nyssa, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2012 DC LB 4WD TRD SPORT NAVI
    ------------------------------------------------------------ Stabilus.EZDown.Tailgate http://www.ezdown.com/home.php ----------------------------------------------- Tekonsha.Primus.IQ.Trailer.brake http://www.tekonsha.com/content/default.aspx---------------------------------------------------------------- Leer 180 CC http://www.leer.com/Truck-Caps#------------------------------------------------ Firestone Air Rite Air Bags--------------------------------------Kargomaster Rack
    Rub your hands across your tires to check if the alignment or struts is out. Check if the treads are kind angled instead of flat. If when your rub your hand from back to front on the top of the tire and it is rough feeling then those threads can really grab and make that tire grabbing noise. I have had this happen before.

Or a ring and pinion? But I have never had one go out so I don't know what noise that makes?

Products Discussed in

To Top