1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Little help with wiring lights

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by ToyoComp, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Aug 27, 2010 at 12:12 PM
    ToyoComp

ToyoComp [OP] Addicted Mod'r

Member:
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 TRD Off Road DC
    Sway-A-Way Race Runner 2.5 coil over (3" lift) & 2.0 rear shocks on TSB springs, Total Chaos UCA, ToyTec differential drop, 8128 Pro Comp wheels, Toyo Open Country RT 285/70/17, DT Long Tube headers, TRD CAI & exhaust, Line-X coated Famous Fabrication front bumper, Demello Sliders and rear bumper, Wet Okole covers, Rigid LED spot & fog, bed mat, debadged & TRD brake pads
    I have a 2007 4x4 TRD DC and recently bought a pair of Lightforce HID 170 lights. I'm almost finished with the install except I now need to complete the following:

"Using a multi-meter or test light find the active high beam switching wire located on the back of the head light. Connect the Ezy tap connector on the wire."

There are 3 wires (pink, red & white) coming out of the headlight on the driver's side and I have no idea which one is the high beam wire. Anyone know which wire is the high beam? I figured someone has run across this already and save me a trip to the store for a light meter. Thanks!

2. Aug 27, 2010 at 12:14 PM
    CopDoctor

CopDoctor Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    08 335i
    BMS Intake, JB4 chip, Plastidip everywhere
    don't tap into the high-beam. if you do you will only be able to use your HIDs when the high-beam is on, which is stupid. tap into the green wire that runs to your corner running lights, that way as long as your running lights are on, you'll be able to turn on your HIDs

3. Aug 27, 2010 at 12:22 PM
    ToyoComp

ToyoComp [OP] Addicted Mod'r

Member:
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 TRD Off Road DC
    Sway-A-Way Race Runner 2.5 coil over (3" lift) & 2.0 rear shocks on TSB springs, Total Chaos UCA, ToyTec differential drop, 8128 Pro Comp wheels, Toyo Open Country RT 285/70/17, DT Long Tube headers, TRD CAI & exhaust, Line-X coated Famous Fabrication front bumper, Demello Sliders and rear bumper, Wet Okole covers, Rigid LED spot & fog, bed mat, debadged & TRD brake pads
    Thanks for the suggestion CopDoctor! I must admit I wasn't thrilled with the idea of only running my HIDs with the bright lights but didn't want to F'up a new set of expensive HIDs. Electrical stuff is not my favorite so thanks for the help!

4. Aug 27, 2010 at 12:26 PM
    CopDoctor

CopDoctor Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    08 335i
    BMS Intake, JB4 chip, Plastidip everywhere
    you're all good man! let me know if you have any more questions!

5. Aug 28, 2010 at 3:38 AM
    Fortech

Fortech Well-Known Member

Member:
    CANADA
    Vehicle:
    2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
    Bilstein 5100's, rear TSB, Firestone bags
    Don't cut either wire! The same result can be achieved with an add a circuit to gain power from your under-hood fuse box (on the circuit of your choice). This also allows you to change your trigger wire circuit in under 10 seconds anytime you want, without cutting.

To Top