1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Load help- IronMan offroad Load Plus helper springs

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Marcoc, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Nov 7, 2013 at 4:09 PM
    Marcoc

Marcoc [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD Off-Road LB
    2017 Tacoma TRD OR LB white w/tech package
    I have a 2nd gen. Tacoma TRD DC OR with Toytec rear 2" AAL and front spacers. I wheel occasionally and nothing crazy. I use the truck as my daily driver and I use it like a truck should be used. I load the bed frequently with Eco logs and firewood and I get quite a bit of sag, headlights are pointing to the sky. With no load truck sits perfectly level 2" out back and 2.5" up front over stock. I thought the AAL would help with load but guess not. Any ideas? Not looking for extra lift and not looking to spend over $150. I found this http://www.ironman4x4.com/html/load_plus.html

2. Nov 7, 2013 at 4:18 PM
    Airun

Airun Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Show Me State
    Vehicle:
    TRD sport, DCLB, 4wd
    Debadged, custom emblem, Husky liners, custom bedrail Yak Trak setup with load bars, , BakFlip Fibermax, OME 3" lift with LightRacing UCAs
    Interesting product. I have no experience with it however. I did same AAL with my 07 as well and it boosted load carrying abilitly as well. I just think a heavy load like firewood your simply "over-loaded" and short of air bags, there is not much you can do. I frequently loaded mine with firewood as well and just drove easy....:notsure:....just gotta worry about axle seal damage.

3. Nov 7, 2013 at 4:22 PM
    toyogirl

toyogirl New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jenn
    Palm Springs, CA
    Vehicle:
    05' double-cab 4x4
    3" lift 17" wheels Intake Banks Monster Exhaust Full hands-free system Tow package with Airbags and on board compressor
    i have an '05 and i put air bags onmy truck i tow an 18' toybox and even though it is under the tow weight it still would really sag my rear end. I got firestone airbags for like $150 and mounted myself in an afternoon. Problem solved! No change to ride etc when not filled (Although they should always be ran with at least 10lbs pressure to keep from pinching) and levels the truck perfectly when i air up bags for towing. she rides great and you would never know i was dragging 5,000 lbs behind her!

4. Nov 7, 2013 at 4:23 PM
    skidooman

skidooman I'm your huckleberry

Member:
    First Name:
    TJ
    Northern Nevada
    Vehicle:
    19 Taco
    Kings, JBA, BAMF, C4, Deaver, Prinsu, TJM, SnugTop, 5.29s
    My dad has something very similar to that on his 05 taco, but I think his are Hellwigs. They work pretty good for not sagging, but they do hinder articulation.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  5. Nov 7, 2013 at 7:22 PM
    Marcoc

Member:
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    Thought about that route as well but these are cheaper and are a "bolt on". just want a bit of assistance with loads. Articulation is second to utility in my mind. Yes flex is nice but bottom line its a truck that I USE as a truck.

6. Dec 2, 2013 at 5:03 PM
    Ironman 4x4

Ironman 4x4 Active Member

Member:
    Hey Marcoc,

Load Plus is designed for situations exactly like your's. Their ability to be quickly and easily adjusted means that you can avoid that sag when loaded up, but it only takes a few minutes to loosen them off when unloaded to maintain you unloaded ride quality.

They shouldn't noticabely affect your articulation as your are just increasing the spring rate of your leafs to match your load. If you leave them adjusted for heavy weights when unloaded then yes you might suffer some loss in articulation, but if correctly matched to your load it should be all good!

Let me know if I can be of any help.

Cheers,

Matt
    Ironman 4x4

7. Dec 3, 2013 at 7:56 AM
    Marcoc

Member:
    Connecticut
    Vehicle: