1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Local shops keep pushing spacers...

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by amcquay, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Jul 23, 2011 at 12:31 PM
    amcquay

amcquay [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    A.J.
    Albuquerque
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD Sport 4x4
    Black TRD Sport wheels, FJ TRD center caps, WeatherTec mats & window deflectors, debadged, 5% tint, GrillCraft w/ TRD emblem, Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD, red brake calipers, BHLM
    Maybe I'm missing something, but I've hit a few local shops to get estimates on 3" suspension lifts... and they keep shoving spacers down my throat. I've expressed that I take the truck off road regularly and want the lift to be functional without worrying about busted shocks or other issues, but they keep steering me towards spacer kits.

Should I just order the suspension lift I want when the time comes and find someone that will install it? That's the main issue - I don't have the tools or know-how to install a lift kit myself.

2. Jul 23, 2011 at 12:32 PM
    HondaGM

HondaGM CallSign Monke

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    South-Pole, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2023 access cab V6
    i would do it the right way,dont like spacers myself

3. Jul 23, 2011 at 12:34 PM
    horwitzs

horwitzs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Dayton, WA
    Vehicle:
    TX Pro
    Supercharger, OME lift w/ LR UCAs, running boards, toolbox, extinguisher mount, skidplate, N-Fab light bar, 40" R.I. LED bar, WO seat covers, TRD intake, Weathertech mats and visors, stubby antenna, hood struts, LED interior lighting, Hella Supertones, and other stuff I'm forgetting.
    Just buy what you want.
    They probably have more success selling the less expensive stuff and have developed some bad habits.

4. Jul 23, 2011 at 12:48 PM
    Large Farva

Large Farva Does this look like spit to you?

Member:
    First Name:
    Who's Barry Badrinath?
    Smyrna, GA
    Vehicle:
    09 DC LB TRD Sport
    Black Bully Step Bars, Black Bull Bar, Black tailight guards, Flowmaster Duals, K&N CAI, Redline Hoodstruts, EZ Down Tailgate assist, TRD Skid Plate, SOCK Monkey Decals, Metal Miller Front Emblem, OEM Roof Rack, Blu Logic Bluetooth, YAKIMA Bike Racks, Tinted Windows, RockyMount Bike Racks, TRD Gas Cap, Shorty Antenna, Homer Taco's Satoshi, Wet Oaklies, Baja Roof Cargo Rack Future: Spindle Lift w/ 285's
    Profit margins most likely... Just buy the lift you want and take it to them to have installed. Just pay labor.

5. Jul 23, 2011 at 12:54 PM
    krimson

krimson Nothin

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    OME 3" lift with 885 coils. OME Shocks with TSB 1.5 AAL. 285/75/16 KM2s. XD Hoss 16" wheels. DDM Tuning 6000K HIDs, H10 6000K Fogs. BHLM. Debaged. 20% tint on front windows.
    They are shoving spacer lifts down your throat? Then you should avoid those shops....

Buy the lift, do the install, and you will know if it was done right or not. Plus it's super easy...

I've seen guys come on here talking about a shop screwing them over with an install or charged them out of the ass, in some cases both...

Products Discussed in

To Top