1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lock question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jefferson, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Aug 31, 2009 at 7:06 PM
    jefferson

jefferson [OP] needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    San Diego (North Park!), CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    toyota brand hitch and uhaul wiring harness, fog lamps on anytime, bed lamps, map lights on with dome, day time running lamps, remove secondary air filter, painted bumper grill, Double Din touch screen stereo, Sockmonkey custom SR5 decal, door & seatbelt bells disabled, painted engine cover, installed compass/temperature overhead console, failed mod: passenger side auto down window switches, weathertech front mats, RedLine hood struts, Cheap Beep piezo buzzer locking beep, 5100s in the front set at 2.5, 5100s in the rear, AAL, hitch safe, revenge fab sliders, bed bar, prerunner light, cb wired
    I came back to my truck yesterday afternoon to find this on the driver side:

[​IMG]

Which sucks. What's rad about it is they didn't do anything else, and couldn't get in. The passenger side is okay though. BUT now i have a lock that the key won't fit into. I'd love to see the assclown and stick a screwdriver where it doesn't belong right back to the fucker...

Anyway, anyone else had this happen to them? What did they end up doing? I use keyless entry, so I don't really use the key all that much (unless I’m surfing or something where I have to take the key with me) so.. I was thinking of getting those key hole covers.. or maybe seeing how much a locksmith would be. Any advice to those who have traveled this crap path before??

On an unrelated note:

[​IMG]

She’s all grown up… *sniff!

2. Aug 31, 2009 at 7:21 PM
    JKD

JKD Well-Known Member

Member:
    New lock cylinder shouldn't be too much. At least it doesn't look like they boogered up the plastic handle.

3. Aug 31, 2009 at 7:23 PM
    jefferson

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    toyota brand hitch and uhaul wiring harness, fog lamps on anytime, bed lamps, map lights on with dome, day time running lamps, remove secondary air filter, painted bumper grill, Double Din touch screen stereo, Sockmonkey custom SR5 decal, door & seatbelt bells disabled, painted engine cover, installed compass/temperature overhead console, failed mod: passenger side auto down window switches, weathertech front mats, RedLine hood struts, Cheap Beep piezo buzzer locking beep, 5100s in the front set at 2.5, 5100s in the rear, AAL, hitch safe, revenge fab sliders, bed bar, prerunner light, cb wired
    Nope. fucker was considerate...

I'll call the dealer tomorrow and see how much it is.. don't have any experience with locks whatsoever..

4. Sep 2, 2009 at 10:52 AM
    05PreRunner

05PreRunner "Living life in the FAST lane..."

Member:
    <-(714)-> SO-CAL
    TRD intake, JBA "shorty" headers, URD y-pipe
    WOW Jeff, that really sucks! :(

I hope everything gets taken care of soon...

5. Sep 2, 2009 at 10:57 AM
    jefferson

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    thanks - i dunno what i will do honestly.. key doenst go in, and i use keyless entry anyway.. passenger side key works.. so.. i might just leave it considering it will cost me $$ to fix it.. maybe figure out what to do and hit up mod day..? I dunno yet..

6. Sep 2, 2009 at 10:58 AM
    05PreRunner

Member:
    <-(714)-> SO-CAL
    Maybe just use one of those "caps" to cover it up as a small temporary fix?

7. Sep 2, 2009 at 10:59 AM
    jefferson

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    I was thinking the same thing! I saw a thread about them somewhere around here but i'm lame at searching i guess - cant find it!

8. Sep 2, 2009 at 11:00 AM
    rpparkster

rpparkster Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Roger
    Long Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD 4X4
    TRD FJ Wheels, 285 GY DuraTrac's, Fox 2.5 C/O w/ Res, TC UCA's, Demello Sliders,AllPro 3" Leaf Pack, Walker Evans 2.0 Adj. RR, AllPro Front Bumper & IFS Skid, Timbren Bump Stops, Leather
    Jeff,
    That sucks. You should get a Hitch Safe for your keys....assuming you have a tow hitch to put it in. Since you use keyless entry, hook up your battery to the lock core so it shocks the jerk next time.

9. Sep 2, 2009 at 11:01 AM
    05PreRunner

Member:
    <-(714)-> SO-CAL
  10. Sep 2, 2009 at 11:30 AM
    jefferson

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    I want to get one for when i go surfing. its better than tying it to my wetsuit and then going into the ocean.....

Thanks, emailed him! i got the bumper ones from lowes

To Top