1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

LOCK/UNLOCK Chirp for DTRL and Alternating turn signal modders

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by FlawedXJ, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Jun 9, 2009 at 9:13 PM
    peleus21

peleus21 Well-Known Member

Member:
    okanogan, b.c. canada
    Vehicle:
    red trd sport
    led taillights HID dual beam headlights bolts and clamps to handle off road
    i couold figure the wiring out for you in a tomorrow if i get a chance

as for manual auto i had one in a 2002 toyota celica gt-s
    i had a clifford avant gaurd 4 the avantgaurd 5.1 is around 280 on Amazon.com you do have to wire it so the e-brake has to be on and tell it that it is ok to start whenever. it is definitely easier to do on an automatic which i have. i will figure out some wiring and maybe do an install, it will be with a clifford avantgaurd 5.1 as i love the alarm and features.

2. Jun 9, 2009 at 9:22 PM
    peleus21

peleus21 Well-Known Member

Member:
    okanogan, b.c. canada
    Vehicle:
    red trd sport
    led taillights HID dual beam headlights bolts and clamps to handle off road
    i had an avantgaurd4 in my 2k2 celica gt-s 6spd it is an involved process but it is worth having the safety precautions. i have an automatic tacoma so it is easy for me
    i am gonna get an clifford avantgaurd 5.1 for the tacoma. it is a very programable alarm. Amazon.com has it for under 300 with alarm and remote start.

3. Dec 30, 2011 at 3:46 PM
    GregLee98

GregLee98 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma TRD Sport
    TRD Cold Air Intake TRD Cat-back Exhaust URD MAF Calibrator 3 inch Top Gunz Customz Lift Spidertrax 1.25" Wheel Spacers Goodyear Wrangler MT/R w/Kevlar (275/75R/17) Tires Power Tailgate Lock linked to power door locks Back-up Sensors Bakflip F1 DIY Auto-dim Rearview Mirror Power Sliding Rear Window Mod by BenWA 4x4 Switch Light Mod 400W Inverter Anytime Mod 110V In Cab Mod with 25' Extension Cord Rear Differential Breather Relocation Mod Chirp on Lock Mod A/C Off with Defrost Mod Brighter Reverse Lights Mod Tailgate Theft Deterrence (Clamp) TRD Seat Covers Extra D-Rings in front of bed
    I installed this to chirp only on lock doors because that is the way I want it. I found on Toyota Nation a comment that was true for 2008s.

I traced the wires from the door to the kick panel and found the blue/pink. There was no blue/black in the bundle going through the door. I used this bundle here, you can see where I pulled back the electrical tape from Toyota. Pic #1

I tapped the blue/pink here for positive power. Ran a coat hanger with the line tapped to it from the engine through the gromet in the fire wall, following the hood release cable. Pic #2

Engine View Pic #3

Here is the power wire tapped into the bundle on the blue/pink.
    Pic #4

Here is where the power wire goes through the gromet in the fire wall to the engine from the inside. Pic #5

Here is the bracket I made from 1/8 inch thick plastic. Drilled a hole for the buzzer (buzzer has a removable disk that allows it to screw down) and the bolt. Coated it with black spray paint with rubberized coating in it to minimize vibration. Pic #6

Here is the buzzer wired up. Since I do not want an unlock beep, I grounded the buzzer to the frame where the battery grounds (blue cap in lower right). You can see the positive red wire running down. I fed the wires along others to keep them tight and neat. Pic 7

This is the buzzer mounted. #48 hex bolt, short. Put a black washer on top to even the pressure out on the plastic. I had the buzzer face the inside of the compartment to protect the wires on the back by putting them along the outer edge. Pic #8

Another shot of it. Pic #9

Here is the buzzer I used. A little high pitched, but it does the work. It can also do pulsating if you want, but I don't need it on that long.

Packaging. Pics #10-11

Prongs on the back. Pic #12

Works the way I want it and was easier than going into the door.
    Thanks to those that started this. I like the confirmation that I locked my doors.

DSCN2204.jpg
    DSCN2206.jpg
    DSCN2207.jpg
    DSCN2208.jpg
    DSCN2209.jpg
    DSCN2210.jpg
    DSCN2211.jpg
    DSCN2212.jpg
    DSCN2213.jpg
    DSCN2196.jpg
    DSCN2197.jpg
    DSCN2199.jpg