1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Locker any time mod on 2010 off road

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by sdbrun1, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Jan 10, 2010 at 3:25 PM
    sdbrun1

sdbrun1 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Chippewa Falls WI
    Vehicle:
    10 Trd Off Road
    Fog light mod
    Has anyone else tried this? I did several searches and found nothing. Ive been messing around with this all afternoon. Double check every thing several times. I bought the 275-217 relay and have had the pics posted in the t/c chat pulled up along with the instructions and it will not work! All fuses are good. The diff lock light does not come on in the dash nor does the relay seem to be doing anything.:confused:

2. Jan 10, 2010 at 4:31 PM
    Chester

Chester Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nor Cal
    Vehicle:
    07 Access Cab TRD-OR M-V6 4x4
    Rear Spring TSB,Locker Mod,In bed cargo lights,Fully de-badged,TRD Seat Covers,Trailer Harness Relocation,Painted wheels,Extra tie-downs,5100's,Biceman lighting,09 stereo with sirius & isimple ipod interface,Rear diff breather mod,K&N Air Filter
    You have to be patient,the light come on when it is engaged,steer the truck side to side a little.The newer it is the longer it takes.Did you make sure it worked in 4lo before you started this project?

3. Jan 10, 2010 at 4:43 PM
    sdbrun1

sdbrun1 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Chippewa Falls WI
    Vehicle:
    10 Trd Off Road
    Fog light mod
  4. Jan 10, 2010 at 4:57 PM
    Chester

Member:
    Nor Cal
    Vehicle:
    Rear Spring TSB,Locker Mod,In bed cargo lights,Fully de-badged,TRD Seat Covers,Trailer Harness Relocation,Painted wheels,Extra tie-downs,5100's,Biceman lighting,09 stereo with sirius & isimple ipod interface,Rear diff breather mod,K&N Air Filter
    Well then drive slow with the button on and swerve side to side a little if it does not come on,there is a problem with your wiring

5. Jan 10, 2010 at 4:59 PM
    Chester

Member:
    Nor Cal
    Vehicle:
    Did you repair the green wire you cut this morning when attempting the other style of locker mod?

6. Jan 10, 2010 at 5:07 PM
    sdbrun1

sdbrun1 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Chippewa Falls WI
    Vehicle:
    10 Trd Off Road
    Fog light mod
    The wire is actually yellow with a black stripe. Yes I didnt damage it I just teed in to it. Thats what I dont understand. With the one wire mod it lock up instantly. I will try out and go slow turning from side to side. Also does this shut off the traction control and the abs?

7. Jan 10, 2010 at 5:26 PM
    Chester

Member:
    Nor Cal
    Vehicle:
    It should fool the computer in to thinking your in 4lo,So if those items turned off in 4lo and locker on,then it will do the same.My ABS light comes on when the locker is engaged.If you did the first mod wrong all it would do is turn on the dash light not engauge the locker which sound like the case.

8. Jan 10, 2010 at 5:30 PM
    sdbrun1

sdbrun1 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Chippewa Falls WI
    Vehicle:
    10 Trd Off Road
    Fog light mod
    Well I was around the block six times and never locked up. Slow side to side reverse 4hi and 4lo still nothing.

9. Jan 10, 2010 at 5:32 PM
    sdbrun1

sdbrun1 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Chippewa Falls WI
    Vehicle:
    10 Trd Off Road
    Fog light mod
    The locker did turn on with the first mod. Ive got alot of snow to play in I know it was working.

10. Jan 10, 2010 at 5:35 PM
    Chester

Member:
    Nor Cal
    Vehicle:
    Either you hooked up the wrong side of the wires,or the wrong color ones.There are a few wires in there that are not much different in color so if you are positive you have it hooked up correctly,I dont know what to tell you other than disconnect it and reconfirm that it engages in stock format.

11. Jan 10, 2010 at 5:39 PM
    Chester

Member:
    Nor Cal
    Vehicle:
    I have dumped the clutch in my truck with the locker off and have left a posi-mark.I would confirm with one tire in good traction and the other in no traction.Test with it unlocked confirm loss of traction with one tire,then turn the locker on and test in the same spot

12. Jan 10, 2010 at 5:41 PM
    Chester

Member:
    Nor Cal
    Vehicle:
    And I did this in dirt!!! I would caution doing this on dry pavement.

13. Jan 10, 2010 at 5:49 PM
    sdbrun1

sdbrun1 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Chippewa Falls WI
    Vehicle:
    10 Trd Off Road
    Fog light mod
    When you say hooked up the wrong side of the wires? The wires that where cut I will say are above the ecu for the the 4x4. This is with it remove for ease of work. Being that you tap the purple wire I assumed that the wires coming from the main harness would be the one in use for the relay?

14. Jan 10, 2010 at 5:51 PM
    sdbrun1

sdbrun1 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Chippewa Falls WI
    Vehicle:
    10 Trd Off Road
    Fog light mod
    I dont have no dirt right know just snow. I jump in the fun pedal last night and it was full lock not one with good traction and one with a little

15. Jan 10, 2010 at 6:00 PM
    Chester

Member:
    Nor Cal
    Vehicle:
    If you followed the directions it should work,I did it triple checked each cut and connection giving each a pull test and it worked.So either you have just confirmed that this mod will not work with a 2010 model or something is wrong.

16. Jan 10, 2010 at 6:04 PM
    Chester

Member:
    Nor Cal
    Vehicle:
    There is also the rare chance the switch you purchased is defective.

17. Jan 10, 2010 at 6:06 PM
    sdbrun1

sdbrun1 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Chippewa Falls WI
    Vehicle:
    10 Trd Off Road
    Fog light mod
    Going back to stock tomorrow. I think just for shits and grins Im going to pick up the other radio shack relay. And will try that later. I have to take the truck to the dealer tomorrow for the spring tsb. I dont think they want to see it the way it is now.

18. Jan 10, 2010 at 6:08 PM
    sdbrun1

sdbrun1 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Chippewa Falls WI
    Vehicle:
    10 Trd Off Road
    Fog light mod
    I thought about the relay being bad. But I didnt have enough jumper wires here at home to omit the relay.

19. Jan 10, 2010 at 6:12 PM
    Chester

Member:
    Nor Cal
    Vehicle:
    good luck!,and you are one of the few to get the harsh ride TSB done on a 10.Check the dealers work!Some will just throw in a new set of 3 leafers......or other crazy shit!

20. Jan 10, 2010 at 6:22 PM
    sdbrun1

sdbrun1 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Chippewa Falls WI
    Vehicle:
    10 Trd Off Road
    Fog light mod
    I went to the dealer with both barrels loaded. I told the service manager alot of what I got off this web site not by name mind you. I will be getting the tsb for the trans also the springs. I dont think they will try and pull any crap. They didnt even put up a fight. I will let you know.

Products Discussed in

To Top