1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Locker Anytime Mod for Dummies 2005+

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jsi, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Feb 8, 2017 at 8:27 PM
    TXpro4X4

TXpro4X4 Fuck Cancer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TOY
    Toy Stuff..... Faktor Amber lights on in the grill. Under front bumper led rock lighting. Center counsel c.b mod with under the hood p.a. Anytime foglight mod. R.G.B tape light for inside toekick lighting. Front and back. Front weathertech floor mats. De-Baged except TOY on tailgate. FJ style 6 speed shifter knob. Rubber tacoma bed mat. Trd exhaust. Trd 16in beadlocker style wheels. Electrical a/c 115volt plug/usb mod next to passenger knee. Fox 2.5 coilovers. Icon 2.0's in the rear. Rear locker any-time mod. Abs kill switch mod. All Pro ISF front skid Pelfrey built front differential skid Baja design pro pods Rigid pods CBI pods brackets Mobtown tailgate guard RIP Mobtown Caliraised rear amber pod lights CJ Jumper- map, running, amber fog, reverse, and license plate led bulbs Pedal Commander
    I would think wrong plug.
    You live in socal?

2. Feb 8, 2017 at 8:39 PM
    freddy2923

freddy2923 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Freddy
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2015 Barcelona red Tacoma trd or
    Pretty much stock, just a light bar and a avid off road bumper guard
    So I have a 2015 Tacoma and have been wanting to do this for a while now my one question is for the people who have do it have you guys used it in the sand? That would be my main purpose of doing this mod for when I goto the sand dunes and how fast have you guys gone with it on?

3. Feb 8, 2017 at 9:05 PM
    Samuryan

Samuryan Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB
    A locker is great in the sand. Once it is engaged you can drive as fast as you want, just stop again to disengage.

4. Feb 9, 2017 at 7:07 AM
    TacoSupremeo

TacoSupremeo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4
    i live in east tennessee, but i am frequently in southern cali for work... i was just there a few weeks ago, my lodging was in costa mesa and traveled from there to perform work for Cemex and Borax Rio Tinto. it looks like i may be back in a month or two...

TXpro4X4[QUOTED] likes this.
  5. Feb 9, 2017 at 7:27 AM
    TacoSupremeo

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Vehicle:
    after looking at this picture more closely, i believe i have the wrong plug... i have the one toward the front of the truck which goes forward and down, cable tied to a dash support then toward the center of the dash by itself... in the picture, it looks like the one i want is only about 12" long before it merges with a larger harness.

TXpro4X4 likes this.
  6. Feb 9, 2017 at 7:31 AM
    TacoSupremeo

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Vehicle:
    okay, maybe i can describe this better... in the above pic, it appears that the plug/harness with the arrow pointing to it merges with the larger harness that is resting on the steel dash structure and the other plug/harness goes off by itself... am i correct in this assumption?

TXpro4X4 likes this.
  7. Feb 9, 2017 at 7:33 AM
    SoCal_Erik

SoCal_Erik Tiki Taka, Tika Taka

Member:
    Vehicle:
    ‘16 SR5 DCSB, ‘15 SR5 DCSB (sold), ‘16 4Runner SR5, ‘15 OR DCSB (sold), ‘05 SC (sold)
    Nice write up. Thank OP.

8. Feb 9, 2017 at 7:39 AM
    TXpro4X4

TXpro4X4 Fuck Cancer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TOY
    Toy Stuff..... Faktor Amber lights on in the grill. Under front bumper led rock lighting. Center counsel c.b mod with under the hood p.a. Anytime foglight mod. R.G.B tape light for inside toekick lighting. Front and back. Front weathertech floor mats. De-Baged except TOY on tailgate. FJ style 6 speed shifter knob. Rubber tacoma bed mat. Trd exhaust. Trd 16in beadlocker style wheels. Electrical a/c 115volt plug/usb mod next to passenger knee. Fox 2.5 coilovers. Icon 2.0's in the rear. Rear locker any-time mod. Abs kill switch mod. All Pro ISF front skid Pelfrey built front differential skid Baja design pro pods Rigid pods CBI pods brackets Mobtown tailgate guard RIP Mobtown Caliraised rear amber pod lights CJ Jumper- map, running, amber fog, reverse, and license plate led bulbs Pedal Commander
    If you need help let me know when you come back

9. Feb 9, 2017 at 7:42 AM
    TXpro4X4

TXpro4X4 Fuck Cancer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TOY
    There is 2 in there and the pic is opposite from the way it looks. Where ot says back is where the airbag comes out. Have to get under there to see them both
    It merged in the wires yes. But they are 2 separate plugs

10. Feb 9, 2017 at 12:47 PM
    TacoSupremeo

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Vehicle:
    these are pics from my truck, youll see in this one, the rearward plug/harness on the 4wd computer, traces into a main dash harness...

4wd comp rearward plug.jpg

and youll notice in this one the forward plug/harness on the 4wd computer simply goes down to what looks like a couple more ECU's... so i guess my question is, the plug everyone else is splicing into, is it the one that goes to the other ECU's or the one that goes into the main dash harness? sorry to sound so dumb, im just nervous (because the colors AND orientation of my wires seem different than everyone elses) and want to make sure i cut the correct one.

4wd comp forward plug.jpg

11. Feb 9, 2017 at 12:50 PM
    TacoSupremeo

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Vehicle:
    if i dont get straightened out, i may take you up on this.

12. Feb 9, 2017 at 1:01 PM
    TXpro4X4

TXpro4X4 Fuck Cancer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TOY
    Here in costa mesa.
    Right next to the in n out on 19th st

TacoSupremeo[QUOTED] likes this.
  13. Feb 9, 2017 at 1:29 PM
    TacoSupremeo

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Vehicle:
    have you changed wheels on your truck (in the avatar) and added a light bar above the front windshield?

14. Feb 9, 2017 at 1:32 PM
    TXpro4X4

TXpro4X4 Fuck Cancer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TOY
    No light bar, only a amber pod pointed back
    And have had these wheels since the purchase of the truck, it came with them and the tires for about 3.5 yrs now.
    Sorry

15. Feb 9, 2017 at 1:34 PM
    TacoSupremeo

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Vehicle:
    LOL! just curious, i am bored at work and google map'd the in and out on 19th, went to street view and saw a silver 4 door taco parked behind it. i promise im not a stalker! ROFL! just bored.

16. Feb 9, 2017 at 1:37 PM
    TXpro4X4

TXpro4X4 Fuck Cancer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TOY
    Nice! Silver taco at in n out!
    :militarypress:

17. Feb 9, 2017 at 3:10 PM
    TacoSupremeo

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Vehicle:
    Okay, back on topic, can anyone shed some light on the above?

18. Feb 9, 2017 at 4:39 PM
    jsi

jsi [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    native earthling
    Remember rule #1 Don't be stupid.

And you can disengage the locker at anytime, but if you're going fast with it locked chances are you are breaking rule #1. What you don't want to do is engage the locker when one wheel is spinning much faster than the other.

19. Feb 9, 2017 at 4:53 PM
    jsi

jsi [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    native earthling
    The one you want goes into the 4wd computer, is the one closest to the big steel tube and the front of the truck. I took the picture by placing my iPhone flat on the floor in selfie mode. My hairy arm is in the picture pushing the shutter button.

I'm a little concerned about the colors being off. Maybe you could post some pictures of that plug and folks can weigh in on that. I know some of the colors were a little hard for me to tell apart on my truck and I'm not color blind.

20. Feb 9, 2017 at 5:33 PM
    TacoSupremeo

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Vehicle:
    yeah, both of the plugs i was asking about are from the 4wd computer... i will get some pics of the wire colors tomorrow.

To Top