1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Locker mod

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Blue07Taco, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Nov 18, 2010 at 1:18 PM

Blue07Taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    First Name:
    Its blue
    TRD intake/ exhaust
    I have be contemplating doing a locker mod and desided to go with this one: http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=226409

I just took an electrical connector and shaved it down into thin straight blade and slid it into the harness right next to the wire we are trying to ground then ziptied everything together to keep it there solid. Then ran a wire behind the radio and to a switch that I put in the cubbie hole thats in front of your right knee. Then grounded the switch to a stud by the steering column.

This mod is great. No cutting any wires which is great for those with warranty. If something happens I just cut the zipties and remove the wire.
    The one down fall to this is if I go over 30 mph the check engine light comes on. Does anyone know if this happens with the truck in LO and locked? I dont know if its a speed related thing. I tried to scan the truck but the scanner I have wont link to the truck. But after driving the truck for a day or two the check engine light goes off on its own. I can live with that. If anyone wants any pics on how I have mine, let me know. I have a total of $2.47 for the switch into this mod. Well worth all the money I have into the mod :D
  2. Nov 18, 2010 at 1:25 PM

THExBUSxDRIVER Victory is reserved...

Mar 19, 2010
    First Name:
    Old Man Tan!
    Not enough.
    sweet. Keep tabs on it and report.
To Top