1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

locker not working

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 1101 mobsquad, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Jan 23, 2010 at 6:54 PM
    1101 mobsquad

1101 mobsquad [OP] Active Member

Member:
    America
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Sport
    STOCKER....
    i have a brand new 2010 trd sport V6 and the rear posi lock seems to work in two wheel drive but then when i put it in four wheel drive it dosent always work. is there something wrong or is the normal for the sport.

2. Jan 23, 2010 at 7:10 PM
    TL697

TL697 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 DC SB 4x4 TRD Offroad Magnetic Grey Met
    You don't have a locker with the Sport, but you should have the LSD... I'm not positive, but you may have to turn it on when in 4WD... Push the VSC button once and see what happens...

In my TRD OR, in 2wd, I have to push the VSC button once to activate the LSD... In 4wd, I've never needed the LSD, so I don't know... If necessary I just go into 4LO with my locker and A-TRAC...

3. Jan 24, 2010 at 7:59 AM
    muddog321

muddog321 Member

Member:
    fl
    Vehicle:
    09 tacoma doublecab 4wd trd w/e locker
    The only 09 Tacoma with a true LSD is the Off-road TRD with the electronic locker (button on left dash by the VSC/Trac button). It only can be activated in 4LO and couples/locks the rear axles together. All others only have Toyotas limited slip based on the ABS system applying the brakes to the spinning wheel. Believe this started on all Tacomas in 08. Also, when the electrinic locker is activated the stability, traction, and ABS all shut off (dash displays icons show OFF). This was an upgrade to the computer program so when you want to really get unstuck the ABS is not lugging the engine rpms down and overheating the brakes. The Off-road TRD also has an additional ATRAC button located in the lower center console to allow you to reactivate the ABS control while in 4LO with the electronic locker on. All other times the Off-road TRD model functions in the ABS limited slip mode like all other Tacomas including the Sport.

4. Feb 8, 2010 at 11:53 AM
    1101 mobsquad

1101 mobsquad [OP] Active Member

Member:
    America
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Sport
    STOCKER....
    thanks for all the info, im kinda pissed i was under the impression it had a locker.... that kinda blows.

5. Feb 8, 2010 at 11:56 AM
    Kyouto42

Kyouto42 Iron Beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BSP '10 4x4 TRD Off-Road DC
    See build thread in signature
    Well, all the specs are listed directly on Toyota's site... it's up to the buyer to make an informed decision. Relying on sales people is the last place for information you want to go...

To Top