1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lockers

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Kirk1589, May 28, 2013.

1. Sep 17, 2013 at 5:13 PM
    IDtrucks

IDtrucks Unhinged and Fluid

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    96' X-Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road Clusterfuck
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
    hey i like this idea. skip aussie lockers all together :D

2. Sep 17, 2013 at 6:43 PM
    Blackdawg

Blackdawg Dr. Frankenstein

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    ALL OF THEM!...Then some more.

pretty much :cool:

3. Sep 18, 2013 at 4:32 AM
    MadMtnMikey

MadMtnMikey Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Richmond/VaBeach
    Vehicle:
    03 DC 4x4 SR5 TRD
    Ok, this makes more sense... Like I was saying, I know a few peeps running them. One guy I know very well built an 84 Silverado from the ground up, invested big money but went with a Detroit in the rear. I know it was noisy, but he never had issues, put a good amount of miles on the truck. He ended up selling it, but maybe that happened before the locker was ready to give out from wear ?

I would think an installation in the front, and maybe manual hubs would allow it to last a pretty long time ?

Appreciate the explanations, like I said, just trying to understand better.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2013

Products Discussed in

To Top