1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Long Bed DC owners...look here

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by BBQ BOY, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Feb 26, 2009 at 2:11 AM
    Okkine

Okkine Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    1998 Tacoma, V6, Manual Transmission, 4x4
    If being a "inconvenient" to park was a reason to not buy any truck, I wouldn't have gotten my Access Cab. I drove an old Neon up until three months ago, and it was short enough that I could park it almost anywhere. Now, when I'm looking for a parking spot I often think "If I had my Neon, I could fit there". Do I miss the Neon? HELL NO!! The convenience of driving a truck far outweighs the minor inconvenience of parking it. I know the DC Longbed is longer than the AC, but I think you'll find that the convenience of having the longer bed will far outweigh the parking issue. Like everyone has said, you'll get used to it. Besides, in my opinion, the short bed looks kinda stubby... but that's just my opinion.

That said, I'm not a fan automatic transmissions, so if it was me, and I needed the DC, I'd be sacrificing one or the other. If you're looking for an automatic transmission anyway, I'd say it's a no-brainer.

2. Feb 26, 2009 at 8:22 PM
    4getful

4getful Senior Junior Member In Training

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
    09 DCLB 4X4
    6" Pro-Comp Stage 2, 35x12.50x20 ProComp Xtreme All Terrain, 20" KMC Revolvers, 4.88 Gears, Banks Exhaust De-Badged
    I love having the extra room in the bed. As for the parking issue, the longer bed does not bother me. Besides I always park in BFE anyways to avoid the effing idiots that don't care about other people's property and decide they need to open their door really wide with great force (right into yours). :annoyed: But as said before, it depends on what you are using the bed for and you really can not go wrong!:headbang:

3. Feb 26, 2009 at 8:33 PM
    trd2001

trd2001 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Simi Valley
    Vehicle:
    08 Double Cab Long Bed 4x4 Sport
    OME 884 TSB Springs Firestone Airbags
    I love my long bed. I can fit a quad perfectly, and its not that bad. I drove my buddies short bed, and it felt the same to me.

I had to order mine, since I have an 08 which I bought in 07, with the JBL, sideair bags, and 4x4. In socal, that combo was a pain to find.

4. Feb 26, 2009 at 8:35 PM
    FlawedXJ

FlawedXJ mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    NorAla
    Vehicle:
    13 F150 FX4, 99 jeep xj, 04 msm miata
    I actually have a jeep now. Imagine that.
    my dad has a dc lb, i have a dc sb. I wish i would have gotten the long bed. It's nicer to drive the short bed, but I am taller than the bed so no camping in there, my dirtbike is longer than the bed, lumber doesn't fit as well, and i miss my old full size truck. get the long bed. If driving in town is difficult get a back up camera and you'll be able to park anywhere, I promise.

5. Feb 26, 2009 at 8:38 PM
    Okkine

Okkine Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    1998 Tacoma, V6, Manual Transmission, 4x4
    Or just get a smrt car :p

6. Feb 26, 2009 at 9:28 PM
    jma

jma What, me worry?

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2009 DC V6 SR5
    Yes
    I love my 6ft bed. I can haul all sorts of crap. Sometimes parking is a bit tricky but that's why you have a back up cam ;)

I had to do a full on Austin Powers the other day (when he drives the little cart through the tunnel adn tries to turn around).

7. Feb 26, 2009 at 9:31 PM
    sliverworm

sliverworm Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin, Texas
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD Offroad
    thats what she said.. :p

Products Discussed in

To Top