1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Longer shackle to lower truck

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Pigpen, May 22, 2017.

1. May 22, 2017 at 7:41 AM
    Pigpen

Pigpen [OP] My truck is never clean

Member:
    Northwest Montana
    Vehicle:
    2012 AC Manual 4.0 4x4 Base Model
    Access cab toolbox/ dog bed with seats and headrests deleted, waterproof TRD seat covers, yellow wire mod, diff breather relocated to tail light, engine block heater, Leer topper with Yakima tracks and rack, Yakima rack on cab, Ride Rite with Daystar cradles, CBI hidden front hitch, wired for winch front and rear Warn quick connect, Warn x8000i on external carrier, sway bar delete, trailer plug relocated to bumper, Pelfreybilt IFS and Mid skids, ECGS front diff bushing, ARB CKMA12 compressor, 255/85/16 Backcountrry MT 3 load E tires on stock steel rims, Up2NoGood heated mirror kit, Husky X-act Contour front floor liners, Northstar AGM 24F battery, Pelfreybilt bolt on sliders with kickout and top plates, TRD Pro headlights, Depo smoked tail lights, Energy suspension body mount bushing kit, OME Dakar leaf packs with AAL, Billstein B110 rear shocks, OME 90021 front shocks with 885 coils, SPC LR UCAs, Up2NoGood 2wd low range mod, 4 Wheel Campers Grandby slide in camper
    I am very happy with my suspension setup.

Up front I have 5100s with 885 coils and 1/4" top plate spacers. I also have LR UCAs.

In rear, I have B110 shocks and the full Dakar leaf pack plus the OME AAL. I also have Ride Rite air bags with Daystar cradles.

The spring rate on both ends suits my needs perfectly, but the rear is higher than I would like. I have 2" of rake. I would like to drop at least an inch of height in the rear while maintaining my current setup.

Could there be any drawbacks to doing this with a longer shackle? I'm still on the stock (inverted) shackle hanger.

ChadsPride likes this.
  2. May 22, 2017 at 7:46 AM
    FFBlack

FFBlack Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD OFF ROAD
    1 fat chick in the bed or 4 sandbags, either will work. Level you right out.:boink:

Phoosa and ChadsPride like this.
  3. May 22, 2017 at 9:05 AM
    Pigpen

Member:
    Northwest Montana
    Vehicle:
    Access cab toolbox/ dog bed with seats and headrests deleted, waterproof TRD seat covers, yellow wire mod, diff breather relocated to tail light, engine block heater, Leer topper with Yakima tracks and rack, Yakima rack on cab, Ride Rite with Daystar cradles, CBI hidden front hitch, wired for winch front and rear Warn quick connect, Warn x8000i on external carrier, sway bar delete, trailer plug relocated to bumper, Pelfreybilt IFS and Mid skids, ECGS front diff bushing, ARB CKMA12 compressor, 255/85/16 Backcountrry MT 3 load E tires on stock steel rims, Up2NoGood heated mirror kit, Husky X-act Contour front floor liners, Northstar AGM 24F battery, Pelfreybilt bolt on sliders with kickout and top plates, TRD Pro headlights, Depo smoked tail lights, Energy suspension body mount bushing kit, OME Dakar leaf packs with AAL, Billstein B110 rear shocks, OME 90021 front shocks with 885 coils, SPC LR UCAs, Up2NoGood 2wd low range mod, 4 Wheel Campers Grandby slide in camper
    I have about 500 pounds in there full time. That's why I have such a beefy setup. Even with my trailer, I still have lots of rake. I want to be closer to level. I can add air pressure to the bags if I'm hauling a really heavy load.

ChadsPride likes this.
  4. May 22, 2017 at 9:23 AM
    Pigpen

Member:
    Northwest Montana
    Vehicle:
  5. May 22, 2017 at 11:34 AM
    Pigpen

Member:
    Northwest Montana
    Vehicle:
  6. May 22, 2017 at 4:52 PM
    ARCHIVE

ARCHIVE Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Orchard Park, NY (Buffalo)
    Vehicle:
    '05 Taco, '22 Tundra, '91 Cummins
    2.5" Fox relocation * Hammer hanger * Archive MD springs
    You cannot fit a significantly longer shackle in the Tacoma, it will hit the frame rail, there is about 1/2" of clearance, and a 1/2" longer shackle would only lower your track half that, so 1/4" lower.

Eric

Pigpen[OP] and ChadsPride like this.
  7. May 22, 2017 at 7:34 PM
    Pigpen

Member:
    Northwest Montana
    Vehicle:

Thanks for dropping some knowledge on me. I learned 2 new things from that one response.

8. May 22, 2017 at 7:39 PM
    Pigpen

Member:
    Northwest Montana
    Vehicle:
    I'll bump the front up 1/2" and see how that looks. Might have to pull a leaf to get it closer to level.

ChadsPride likes this.
  9. May 22, 2017 at 8:46 PM
    Justinlhc

Justinlhc Not looking for a relationship

Member:
    Might be your best bet considering you still have your bags to assist in heavy loads.

I've also wondered about the shackles.

ChadsPride likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top