1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Look what came in today!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by zul, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Jan 27, 2012 at 12:18 AM
    zul

zul [OP] Professional Goofball

Member:
    Oregon Territory
    Vehicle:
    '12 Pyrite Mica DCSB SR5 4WD V6 AT
    STOCK: DRL, Tow Package, All Weather Mats HAVE: Bed mat, Tailgate Lock, WANT: Rear Plate Bumper, Color-matched Grille, Heated Wet Okoles, Weathertech Floor Liners, Avid Step Rails
    My Avid step rails!! I'm super excited about these :D

IMAG0402.jpg

I wont unwrap them until I get a chance to finish 'em - probably not for another two weeks or so. But they make me smile when I imagine seeing them on my truck!

Speaking of finishing them - my co-worker suggested sanding with 400 grit, then using a degreaser, then primer, then paint. Is all that necessary? Or do these things keep paint well without too much prep?

2. Jan 27, 2012 at 12:24 AM
    jjbsocal

jjbsocal Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    So☆Cal
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCLB PreRunner TRD Sport
    Camburg MT; 4.0 Spindles and UCA's, Fox Extended Travel with Resi's all 4 Corners, All Pro Expo Leaf Pack, Method Standard's, BFG AT's, DTLT's, 1st Gen TRD CAI, Magnaflow Pro Offroad Exhaust..
    LOL.. I just talked to Brandon at Avid about that!!

This is what he said:

We do all the prep work before we ship them. When you get them they are ready to be coated. You don't need to sand them. If you spray paint them, just wipe them down with acetone or brake cleaner and then I'd prime them and then paint them. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks
    Brandon
    Avid Off Road

3. Jan 27, 2012 at 12:27 AM
    zul

zul [OP] Professional Goofball

Member:
    Oregon Territory
    Vehicle:
    '12 Pyrite Mica DCSB SR5 4WD V6 AT
    STOCK: DRL, Tow Package, All Weather Mats HAVE: Bed mat, Tailgate Lock, WANT: Rear Plate Bumper, Color-matched Grille, Heated Wet Okoles, Weathertech Floor Liners, Avid Step Rails
    Also - wanted to thank Brandon at Avid for being a very stand-up guy to work with, he kept me up to date on what was going on with my order, even when he was swamped over the holidays. I'd be happy to buy from him again and recommend his work to anyone looking for quality stuff for their truck. http://www.avidoffroad.com/

jjbsocal: Thanks! Now that I think about it, he might have gave me the same information... Good to know anyway. I'll just wipe down, prime, and paint. This really is quality stuff... Brandon clearly cares about his work.

To Top