1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Looking and wondering

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Rockitman, May 29, 2009.

1. May 29, 2009 at 7:54 AM
    Rockitman

Rockitman [OP] Member

Member:
    Hi everyone. I have just become a Toyota Tacoma shopper. I love the look of this truck and want one real bad.

Made my first trip to the local dealer last night, just to have a looksee.

I've determined that my model needs to be doublecab 4x4 shortbed with TRD offroad package.

At first, 4x4 was not a necessity, but have heard that they are very valuable and in high demand if I ever had to sell. Plus they only add a couple grand to the price tag.

The dealer had a 2009 in Barcelona Red, which is a color I'm ok with. The sticker said 32,000, but reduced I don't know when to $29,999.

I have no clue what a decent fair price is for Tacoma's, so was wondering if others here could chime in and help me determine what's the going rate for this package.

I hope discussing prices is allowed here. If not, sorry for bringing this up.

2. May 29, 2009 at 8:22 AM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    Welcome to TW!

Don't worry about posting the prices. We post far worse than that. I think you should keep shopping around or wait for an incentive program to come up. I think you should be able to get it down to the $26k-$27k range. This also depends on what area you live in. I would also recommend going to several dealerships, even ones further away to see what they have to offer.

3. May 29, 2009 at 9:20 AM
    MT_mudflaps

MT_mudflaps Just playin' on the runways

Member:
    First Name:
    Clint
    Bellflower, CA
    Vehicle:
    Indigo SR5 PreRunner with TRD off road
    Good choice, but I would keep shopping - or, OR if you can stand it wait until closer to the end of the year when they have to get rid of inventory.... or find something a few years older in good condition.

my $0.02

4. May 29, 2009 at 7:20 PM
    Incognito

Incognito No better friend, no worse enemy

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    Spacer lift, bumper stickers, ejector seat, etc.
    I agree with mudflaps. ;) You may want to go to a ton of different dealships and see what they have to offer. Remember, when a dealership has only 3 on the lot, they aren't going to give you a very good deal on it. When they have a lot more like 20, they want to move the cars/inventory, which means they'll be more lenient on a great deal for you. ;)

5. May 29, 2009 at 7:43 PM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    Check http://www.edmunds.com/
    I sent quote request to several dealers in my area and pitted them against each other. They started to offer incentives. It's amazing how close they stayed on the price. I wound up going with a dealer that my son was doing some IT work for. They were a grand less than the other offers. The one thing I wish I did differently is I found myself in a hurry to buy when they offered me such a good price, I bet I could have ground them down a little more. Also I was completely closed minded about the Sport model, I hated the hood scoop at the time, now I kind of like it, don't know that I would have bought it but sure would have looked at it.

6. May 31, 2009 at 3:36 PM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud I'm back.

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Chula Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Off Road DCSB
    Stock. Purchased 2/17/19. Cement!
    Happy shopping. I can't wait for you to post a pic of the new baby! Welcome to Tacoma World.

Products Discussed in

To Top