1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Looking at a 2000 Tacoma

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by novakills, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Apr 4, 2011 at 5:03 AM
    novakills

novakills [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Tampa FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prerunner TRD Sport
    TRD CAI, debadged, TRD exhaust, bed d-ring mod, rubber bed mat, 6000K Bi-xenon headlights, 3000K HID foglights, Redline Tuning QuickLIFT PLUS Hood Struts, 2" Toytec AAL w/Bilstein 5100s, 1" aluminum tapered leaf spring spacer, Eibach 1.6" lift coils on Bilstein 5100s set at .85 with Light Racing UCAs, 10% tinted windows, 285/70/17 Toyo Open Country A/T, Pioneer MVH-X560BT,TRD Supercharger, Grillcraft Black MX upper and lower grill, RAAMmat Sound Deadening, Hybrid Audio Technologies Imagine Series I61-2 in rear doors, Hybrid Audio Technolgies Legatia L6 and L1V2 in front doors running through Hybrid Audio Legatia L2X crossovers, JL Audio 13TW5 in a bedlined Mr. Marv enclosure, Zed Audio Leviathan Amp on a bedlined Mr. Marv amp rack, DTLT Exhaust Headers w/O2 simulators, full LED lighting interior and exterior, OEM roof racks
    I happened upon a very clean base model 2000 4x2 Tacoma Longbed with AC (I'm not sure if it has the 2.4L or 2.7L engine) yesterday and have been thinking of buying a commuter vehicle to save miles on my 2010. The guy is asking $6000 and my research has valued this truck everywhere from $4000 to $6500. Any 1st Gen experts have any advice on the value of this little guy?

2. Apr 4, 2011 at 5:38 AM
    SRQ TACO

SRQ TACO "You've Got Red on You"

Member:
    First Name:
    Damon
    Sarasota, Florida
    Vehicle:
    00 RegularCab 5lug
    16'' 5zigen Streetfighters w/ 245/55R16 General Altimax HP's, K&N Filter w/ deckplate mod, Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler with turndown before the axle, 01-04 Tail lights tinted, Dual BMW M3 horns, JVC Headunit, JVC 6.5'' door Speakers, Pioneer Shallow Mount 1000W 12'' Sub, 1000W Amp, Monroe Gasmatics front and rear, 1.5'' Daystar Coil Spacer, JDM Smoked Headlights/Corners,2001 Bench Seat, Led swapped gauge cluster and AC controls, Ignition Light mod with blue led, OEM All weather Floor Mats, LED Dome Light, 6000K DDM Tuning HID's, Street Scene Grille and Valance inserts, Clear bumper lights with the fog light mod and JDM Yellow led's, Window Tint: 25% sides and 5% back, TRD Blue Oil Cap.
    Mileage? If its a 6 lug its the 2.7l and if it has 5 lug wheels its the 2.4

3. Apr 4, 2011 at 9:24 AM
    novakills

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Tampa FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prerunner TRD Sport
    TRD CAI, debadged, TRD exhaust, bed d-ring mod, rubber bed mat, 6000K Bi-xenon headlights, 3000K HID foglights, Redline Tuning QuickLIFT PLUS Hood Struts, 2" Toytec AAL w/Bilstein 5100s, 1" aluminum tapered leaf spring spacer, Eibach 1.6" lift coils on Bilstein 5100s set at .85 with Light Racing UCAs, 10% tinted windows, 285/70/17 Toyo Open Country A/T, Pioneer MVH-X560BT,TRD Supercharger, Grillcraft Black MX upper and lower grill, RAAMmat Sound Deadening, Hybrid Audio Technologies Imagine Series I61-2 in rear doors, Hybrid Audio Technolgies Legatia L6 and L1V2 in front doors running through Hybrid Audio Legatia L2X crossovers, JL Audio 13TW5 in a bedlined Mr. Marv enclosure, Zed Audio Leviathan Amp on a bedlined Mr. Marv amp rack, DTLT Exhaust Headers w/O2 simulators, full LED lighting interior and exterior, OEM roof racks

Just a bit over 89000. Brand new tires, he says new brakes, a new windshield in February (a tree branch fell on it also putting a small dent in the hood that I can over look), oil changed 100 miles ago. No evidence of any leaks, engine seems great, clutch is tight with no throwout bearing noise. Has a rattle that comes from the exhaust due to a cracked mount, I can fix this. I'm pretty sure it is a five lug. So is the 2.4L a desireable engine?

4. Apr 4, 2011 at 12:26 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    No Truck..well, maybe
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    The 4 banger is a great engine !! I've got the 3.4 V6 in mine & it is not known for its gas sipping but the 2.7 & the 2.4 get great mileage & are pretty bullet-proof for reliability.....;)

5. Apr 4, 2011 at 7:12 PM
    Tommy Tacoma

Tommy Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mitch
    Phoenix AZ
    Vehicle:
    2000 PreRunner
    Full Old Man Emu suspension, Kenwood headunit and speakers, speaker grille deckplate mod, LED interior lighting, tinted windows, color matched bumpers and fender flares
    How about frame rust and leaf springs? What's the condition?

6. Apr 5, 2011 at 3:25 AM
    novakills

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Tampa FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prerunner TRD Sport
    Just a quick look down each side of the undercarriage yielded nothing that jumped out to me. I'm not sure what to look for with the leaf springs other than them being maybe sacked out from constant overloading, which is not the case with this truck.

I have valued this truck though kbb, reminds, and my brother the bank loan officer and values seem to be all over the place. The truck certainly shows that its 11 years old but is reasonably sound cosmetically and appears perfect mechanically. Anyone have a valuation for it?

7. Apr 5, 2011 at 3:29 AM
    VirginiaBound

VirginiaBound Whyareyoureadingthis?

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam I am, green eggs and ham
    North of Maine, South of Spain
    I would look deeper into that exhaust rattle as well. When I first purchased mine there was an exhaust rattle that I assumed was something loose, it ended up the Cat was shot and cost me about 120 to replace.

It wasnt a big deal, but I figured Id throw it out there.

8. Apr 5, 2011 at 6:37 AM
    novakills

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Tampa FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prerunner TRD Sport
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll be looking into the exhaust more closely. The last thing I want is to have to spend money on my money-saving DD.

9. Apr 5, 2011 at 7:52 AM
    BLAGO

BLAGO Member

Member:
    Prescott, AZ
    2.5" Fab Tach Coilovers 3" Performance Acc. Body

Im looking at replacing my CAT on my 2000 Tacoma V6. What kind did you end up going with?

I am tired of my check engine light being on, and figured it was time to finally replace it. But I have heard that some cheap ones will still have problems.

To Top