1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

looking at new shocks/struts

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by tato1989, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Mar 5, 2013 at 6:22 PM
    tato1989

tato1989 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 pre runner sr5 double
    Im new to a tacoma, and looking to get new shocks and struts for an 05 pre-runner. Im mainly driving on highways, but anyways im looking at skyjackers. Any advice on which ones will work great on stock height prerunner. Thanks!

2. Mar 5, 2013 at 7:10 PM
    ROAD DAWG

ROAD DAWG Well-Known Member

Member:
    birmingham,al
    Vehicle:
    10 trd prerunner
    debadged,procomp 7105 wheels,,kc slimlites,n-fab light bar,predator step bars,baja roof rack and light cage,hella 500 black magic,5100's(f/r) @.85,tsb rear,nitto terra grapplers(265-65-17)
    i have no experience with that brand,for a first time lift,or replacement schocks..most will recommend bilstein 5100,or old man emu...these choices are proved on a daily basis by just about everyone on this site.not sure what you're running now,but i can tell you that the bilstein 5100 would be a vast improvement over a stock set-up,even at stock ride height...you'll be amazed.i lifted my otherwise"stock" truck with the billies set at.85(first clip past stock ride height)i was involved with autocross for a few years,(77 celica/mustang svo/vw sirocco)those guys always raved about "bilstein and koni"...never heard anything about skyjacker....you may be making a bonified choice,but look into it a bit farther...billies make a good +1 set-up from stock,and they are humongus compared to what comes as stock on a tacoma...check out "downsouth motorsports",those guys know their stuff...doubt if they'd recommend skyjacker...jus sayin'.

3. Mar 5, 2013 at 7:14 PM
    Justus

Justus fucks not given

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    not so low, not so slow 2006 6 lug
    stockish
    agreed, 5100s downsouth motorsports

Sonny is a suspension genius........a helluva great guy.........will NOT upsale you shit u dont need.......free shipping to most places.

Products Discussed in

To Top