1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Looking for 6" lift for my 5 lug, 2wd, 2013

Discussion in '5 Lug' started by MissElainious, Apr 6, 2016.

1. May 27, 2016 at 1:00 PM
    Clearwater Bill

Clearwater Bill Never answer an anonymous letter

Member:
    First Name:
    Billy
    Largo Florida
    Vehicle:
    '13 5 lug AC w/convenience package
    A few OE parts from fancy trucks
    Apply the lump sum to your payoff. Apply all this lift money to your payoff.

No payments > poseur lift on a 5 lug

2. May 31, 2016 at 11:20 AM
    murderedtaco23

murderedtaco23 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    Campton NH
    Vehicle:
    09 dbl cab trd sport
    OME 3 inch lift all the way around, 285 75 16s, fog light any time, HID, Rock sliders, 30 inch bumbper LED, LED pod ditch lights
    Just Empty Every Pocket

3. May 31, 2016 at 11:25 AM
    Ice Horse

Ice Horse Stalking horse

Member:
    First Name:
    Lauren
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    98 3.4L V6 TRD Ext. Cab 4x4 SR5
    ADS Racing Shocks 2.5" Extended Travel Coilovers with Reservoirs, 3 inch All Pro rear suspension kit, factory E-locker, Trail Gear sliders and front stinger bumper, CBI Offroad rear tube bumper, XRC8 Winch, 33 inch BFG KM2's, 16 inch Ivan Stewart Wheels, Uniden CB radio, flip up license plate, white tail lights, LED front signals, Tundra front brake upgrade, new radio, rock lights, sub woofer, remote start, satoshi grille with Prius emblem, Rigid DOT/SAE Fog Lights, 12" Light Bar
    I may be wrong but I don't think you can long travel 5 lugs easily either. Mostly can only just slam them.

4. May 31, 2016 at 11:55 AM
    5 Lug Fury

5 Lug Fury Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kenny
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    V8 5 lug
    Got a lot of stuff lol
    Total Chaos makes a kit for mid travel and long travel

5. May 31, 2016 at 1:44 PM
    Ice Horse

Ice Horse Stalking horse

Member:
    First Name:
    Lauren
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    98 3.4L V6 TRD Ext. Cab 4x4 SR5
    ADS Racing Shocks 2.5" Extended Travel Coilovers with Reservoirs, 3 inch All Pro rear suspension kit, factory E-locker, Trail Gear sliders and front stinger bumper, CBI Offroad rear tube bumper, XRC8 Winch, 33 inch BFG KM2's, 16 inch Ivan Stewart Wheels, Uniden CB radio, flip up license plate, white tail lights, LED front signals, Tundra front brake upgrade, new radio, rock lights, sub woofer, remote start, satoshi grille with Prius emblem, Rigid DOT/SAE Fog Lights, 12" Light Bar
    I was looking at the website and didn't see one?

6. May 31, 2016 at 2:31 PM
    5 Lug Fury

Member:
    First Name:
    Kenny
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    V8 5 lug
    Got a lot of stuff lol
    Its not online anymore You can still get the uca's from tc (for mid travel ) and the lt kits are still in vendors websites if you google it.

7. May 31, 2016 at 2:34 PM
    CedarPark

CedarPark Master of Destroying CVs

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Cedar Park, TX
    Vehicle:
    '04 TRD V6 Taco, '11 2WD 5.7 Tundy
    Lights & Lockers & Duals
    Man y'all are no fun.. Get me to a junk yard with a plasma cutter and a 220 welder and I'll get your truck 12" high on 40s..

No but for real though, time for custom work.

:drunk::sawzall::welder:

I don't see how this can't be achieved with shock mount relocations. New leafs, longer shocks and a lot of welding.

5 Lug Fury likes this.
  8. May 31, 2016 at 2:41 PM
    5 Lug Fury

Member:
    First Name:
    Kenny
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    V8 5 lug
    Got a lot of stuff lol
    ^^^^ built not bought ^^^^ :D

9. May 31, 2016 at 2:53 PM
    CedarPark

CedarPark Master of Destroying CVs

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Cedar Park, TX
    Vehicle:
    '04 TRD V6 Taco, '11 2WD 5.7 Tundy
    Lights & Lockers & Duals
    :fistbump:

10. May 31, 2016 at 3:35 PM
    HackD

HackD Marching to the Beat of a Different Drum

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, eh?
    Vehicle:
    2010 Base 4x2, 2.7L, 5 speed manual 5-lug Slug
    Gone over the Top for a 5-lug..
    I've done similar custom work - for a dissimilar and obscure vehicle class - or rather what i couldn't do, got expensively farmed out to those who could do... and those with the skills in demand to do so, don't generally hire all that cheap either.

Unless you've got the skill-set yourself to do the work - you are boned - and as much as i love my 5-lug, I also know that it's got it's economic limitations going on, where at a certain point that if you want more out of it, than it can offer without being majorly modified - it's often better to sell it off unmolested, and buy that which can more or less offer you what you do want.

I'm in Social Services - I only play a mean Garage-Monkey on the weekends - the point being, a man has got to know his limitations. I know mine, and I know my own Tacoma 5-lug. Both myself, and the Tacoma, have our own individualized limitations.

The demand is still likely going to be there among a small group of 5-lug owners to go the MT/LT route - the problem is that the buy-in price is so high, for what is essentially a budget truck to most 5-lug owners. Total Chaos has pretty much the monopoly on the aftermarket - they set the price, you pay. Some enterprising soul with the skill-set, could potentially profit in making a side-business out of giving Total Chaos some competition, for the basic mid-travel/long-travel setup... competition could potentially bring the price down for more, into the realm of affordability. The problem is, in order to be profitable, you need to sell them in quantity. I doubt that Total Chaos sells all that many MT/LT kits for the Tacoma on an annual basis..

JMHO.. hate to be a Debbie Downer on this, but to me, the 5-lug is what it is.. it meets my own needs and purposes without the need for anything further than a level/lift.

Otherwise, have at it .. we all have our own reasons, for doing our own thing.

Last edited: May 31, 2016
  11. May 31, 2016 at 3:45 PM
    Clearwater Bill

Clearwater Bill Never answer an anonymous letter

Member:
    First Name:
    Billy
    Largo Florida
    Vehicle:
    '13 5 lug AC w/convenience package
    A few OE parts from fancy trucks
    This for me too. And I don't even need level.

Haul kayaks and gear? Check. Haul bicycles and gear? Check. Haul 5 tubs of leftover Panera bread to the local food bank? Check. Haul various home project supplies? Check. Get good MPG? Check. AC? Jukebox? Cruise? Intermittent wipers? Fogs? BU camera in autodim/temp/compass mirror? All check.

HackD[QUOTED] likes this.
  12. May 31, 2016 at 4:18 PM
    TacomaZL

TacomaZL Well-Known Member

Member:
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    2013 Toyota Tacoma 2.7L
    WeatherTech Floor Mats; 15" Cragar Black "D" Window Wheels; Custom Center Caps; 235/75/R15 Goodyear Radial Wranglers; "TOYOTA" Tailgate Decal; Magnetic Tool Storage (in Cabin); Stant Locking Gas Cap; Salex Glove box Organizer Debadged; BHLM; Aftermarket Fog lights; FlashWolves 1000 Lumen Reverse lights; DEPO Black LED Tail lights; Differential Extended Breather Mod; FalconZero F170HD+ Dashcam; Scosche MagicMount; Tyger Auto Tri-Fold Pickup Tonneau Cover;
    Lifting these trucks is really not that difficult at all if you stay on the street (which most of us do since we are all 2WD)

Get either a Fat Bob's Garage lift or Readylift. Doesn't matter which, you get a 2.75 inch lift right off the bat. Yeah the ride quality isn't great. But dammit it's a truck not a sports car.

Lifts from tires is where our trucks really begin to see benefits. Now, as HackD already stated, our stock gears don't really play well with anything past 30"....but that's okay. If you don't regear, you can run 30's and a Fat Bob's lift without too much trouble....if you live in a hilly or mountainous region, you'll quickly run into problems. But if you are like me here in the all-too-flat Illinois....no problem.

Our trucks come standard with a 26.8 tire/rim combination. Upgrading that to a 30.8 tire/rim combination (just to make the numbers easy)means you have a 4 inch increase in overall diameter. Divide this number by two (since what you really want is an increase in radius in order to lift the vehicle.) and you arrive at a 2 inch overall lift. Combine this with the Fat Bob's lift and you have an overall increase of 4.75 inches. Which, in my opinion, is an extremely large change in ride height, without ever having to touch the differential.

HackD likes this.
  13. May 31, 2016 at 4:35 PM
    HackD

HackD Marching to the Beat of a Different Drum

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, eh?
    Vehicle:
    2010 Base 4x2, 2.7L, 5 speed manual 5-lug Slug
    Gone over the Top for a 5-lug..
    As some already know - I've got the Readylift 2.75" lift/level - coupled with Bilstein 4600/5100's. I have no complaints whatsoever about ride quality - but it could be that has more to do with the fact that i live in the land where frost-heaves and pot-holes are more common then smooth pavement... and Volkswagen Beetles and Smart cars come to rest at the bottom of the potholes, seemingly in order to cushion the blow for those who would come later. Ok, I joke.. but just a little bit.

I thought that i read somewhere, that the Fatbob's kit differs from the Readylift kit, in that there is a choice of two add-a-leafs to pick from - one long, one short.. both have different ride characteristics.

As you point out, it is indeed, a truck - with the lift/level kit that i have, it does truck-like things. It's a marked improvement over OEM factory ride and height. I also tend to drive aggressively at times - unfamiliar passengers may hang on to the hand-hold for dear life, but i've grown used to and even become comfortable with it's new-found handling characteristics. It's certainly better than the Toyota Corolla-like suspension/ride height/characteristics that it had OEM, IMHO.

It certainly handles better than what i remember stock as handling like - and it sure as heck handles better than my old '88 Ford F150.

14. Jun 14, 2016 at 9:44 AM
    Vang Toua Moua

Vang Toua Moua Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Vang Bang
    Visalia, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 Silver Tacoma 2.7, Access cab, 5 lug
    Custom front bumper and rock sliders, glasspack muffler, shorten exhuast, abs killswitch, roof light bar, rear e locker.
    I know this to be true. My 5 lugger lifted on 33s is barely as tall as my brother's 4x4 taco on 32s with no lift yet.

A body lift would help out, but it's just that a great for show, but there's been many other rigs with body lifts that state no problem. I've seen many mall crawlers from all makes and models with spacer lifts and body lifts.

Products Discussed in

To Top