1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

looking for a ground

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Gabassman, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Jan 3, 2012 at 11:37 AM
    Gabassman

Gabassman [OP] Drive it like a 4WD

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Georgia
    Hey yall I'm needing a ground in the bed and im wondering if the bolts for the bed rails are grounded? For clarification purposes for those that get pissed about folks that don't search all I have around me is my phone its a pain. Any help would be appreciated. Oh and I cant find the volt meter or I could check.

2. Jan 3, 2012 at 11:39 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Ground can be anywhere there is metal. A frame or bedside bolt will work just fine.

3. Jan 3, 2012 at 11:44 AM
    Gabassman

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Georgia
    Thanks, I just didn't know with having the composite beds if the rail bolts were grounded or not.

4. Jan 3, 2012 at 11:50 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    They should be-Altho how clean the metal to metal contact is I do not know. If you can get to the frame you might want to use that....Easier to sand down and clean up before bolting it together.

5. Jan 3, 2012 at 12:43 PM
    Gabassman

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Georgia
    Found tester the bolts are grounded. Thanks for the help I didn't want to have to go to the frame the concrete is freezing and i didn't want to lay on it

6. Jan 3, 2012 at 2:02 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    I hear ya bro- I gotta run a wire from the cab to the engine bay for my lights...I'm putting it off as we speak.

7. Jan 4, 2012 at 10:54 AM
    Gabassman

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Georgia
    I got the lights hooked up in the bed they worked for a minute till i shut the tailgate and rattled the bed. I tested the bolts again no ground so its not a reliable grounding point it confuses the crap out of me. I unhooked everything and put it away ill fool with it again when it warms up. I live in Georgia so that can be like next week ha

Products Discussed in

To Top