1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Looking for a traffic attorney

Discussion in 'Colorado' started by whatarush, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Jul 11, 2019 at 9:17 PM
    windsor

windsor Just a guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Homeless in Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Super Duty aka Tundra
    Canopy, fitted seat covers, OBA with self leveling air bags, 100w solar, dual Rhino Rack Pioneer platforms, side & rear LED work/FU lights, CB, cell booster. 7x16 cargo conversion, 3" lift, 7'x6.5' fold down aluminum rear deck.
    Something else to remember. You can get out of a bunch of tickets or get the mph reduced if you are not a dick to the cop. If you are a dick, you have a higher chance to get a ticket and have more of your day spent on the side of the road as the cop works slower just to f*** with you.
    [​IMG]

2. Jul 11, 2019 at 9:40 PM
    tcjacado

tcjacado Well-Known Member

Member:
    Been there, done that :fistbump:

Gunshot-6A likes this.
  3. Jul 12, 2019 at 5:21 AM
    NewportBeach

NewportBeach Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Off Road 4x4 Tacoma
    Just pay for it, I got 3 speeding ticket in CO with a CA driver license and they didn’t report to CA.

4. Jul 12, 2019 at 7:02 AM
    whatarush

whatarush [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    2015 Blue Tacoma DCLB TRD Sport
    Sorry, I should have stated that I have a clean traffic record....but I have my share of improper equipment tickets. :D

Not at all. I joined the TW because I bought a new to me Tacoma in May. When I was looking over the site yesterday. I seen there was a Regional area so I thought what the hell, it's worth a shot.

I learned that long ago. The officer was nice enough cut me a break from the original speed and knock it down to 9 over.

For all the ones that can't read. I said AMEND the ticket not FIGHT it. I was clearly in the wrong. I'm just looking to save my ass some money for the next 5 years that the insurance companys are going to add to my business auto, personal auto, and motorcycle Ins. premiums.

All and all......over 2000+ miles in the truck, and 1500+ miles on two wheels (at times go to jail speeds) in 7 days. All is good.

Thanks everyone for the info

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
  5. Jul 12, 2019 at 7:11 AM
    Gunshot-6A

Gunshot-6A Prime Beef

Member:
    First Name:
    Conner
    Everett, WA
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Offroad
    I think you are missing the core concept here, man. You got popped legitimately, trooper did you a favor, and you still are trying to lessen the consequences while admitting you were doing faster at times...

Hobbs, JoeCOVA and birry like this.
  6. Jul 12, 2019 at 9:46 AM
    TacoBuffet

TacoBuffet Well-Known Member

Member:
    AL
    Vehicle:
    Taco #13, 2022 OR DCSB Cemint
    5100s, TE37s, Wildpeaks, Tint, Bedmat, LEDs
    I find this hard to believe especially given the fact we have a judicial system that prevents false convictions / charges and gives the defendant the chance to argue their case / prove their innocence. What you’re saying is insurance will just go with whatever the cop says even if it may be incorrect / false, and most cases you are not guilty of that charge until you submit the fine or go to court the initial citation is just a copy / record of the accusation / charge not actual proof.

7. Jul 12, 2019 at 5:24 PM
    Gixerkiller

Gixerkiller TW...what a silly place

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Taylor, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma Pre Runner DCLB White
    decals, morale patches, headlights, tail lights, toytech lift w 5100s, Falken Wildpeaks.....
    Does you state allow traffic school for speed tickets? That is something you could ask... but that usually means a court date.

8. Jul 12, 2019 at 5:28 PM
    Bebop

Bebop Old fashion cowboy

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Castle rock Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2012 Toyota Tacoma baja
    6inch lift sitting on bilstein coilovers. Lexus is300 studs in front to keep stock wheels, general grabber red letters, nfab front bumper.
    Speeding tickets are a scam. I speed all the time, just pay the fine when you are caught. Move on.

Hobbs and tcjacado like this.
  9. Jul 12, 2019 at 5:42 PM
    Marshall R

Marshall R Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marshall
    Vehicle:
    07 White TRD double cab
    none
    If you have, had, a clean record a single minor speeding ticket isn't going to hurt anything. Pay it and move on. If you have multiple violations then one more might be the one that hurts you. It'll cost you more to fight it than it's worth. And I'm betting money you were going more than 69 in a 60 zone. No cop is going to waste his time stopping you for 9 over unless you were doing something else dangerous. He probably wrote 69 on the ticket as a courtesy to reduce the fine for you. They do it all the time.

10. Jul 12, 2019 at 5:51 PM
    batacoma

batacoma Truck Wars

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 Regular Cab 4spd
    Pay it now or pay it latter, may as well pay it now.

11. Jul 12, 2019 at 6:04 PM
    tcjacado

Member:
    You must be new here:D

12. Jul 12, 2019 at 6:09 PM
    tcjacado

Member:
    :cheers:

13. Jul 12, 2019 at 6:13 PM
    El Duderino

El Duderino Obviously, you're not a golfer.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    HI->PNW
    Vehicle:
    16 MGM Sport 4x4 DCSB & 19 nautical blue SR5 premium 4x4
    Stuff, things, this, an ADS
    Great mustache bro. That is all have a good day.

14. Jul 12, 2019 at 6:59 PM
    dfanonymous

dfanonymous Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 Voodoo Blue Tacoma TRD Pro.
    -Shmellfab rocksliders.... -BD ditch lights -Cali raised ditch light brackets -Sway bar discos -Auxbeam aux 6 gang -Uptop Bravo -Rci trans skid -Rci cat guards -Trd pro eibach lift springs -Hypertech speedo calibrator Etc.
    I don’t know how Colorado is as a state but in a lot of states if you take a online traffic safety class then it won’t be reported to the DMV, and your record would be good. Get another one after something like two years and you’ll be going to get that on your record. Unless you drive for a living where your record is a matter of having a job and not having a job, I’m telling you, you don’t want to pay attorney fees....especially for just a traffic ticket, and even if you beat it in court the DMV can STILL count the ticket.

15. Jul 12, 2019 at 8:34 PM
    NewportBeach

NewportBeach Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Off Road 4x4 Tacoma
    Colorado doesn’t offer traffic school. Just point system, if you pay early it’s reduce point if you fight it it’s full 4 point I think.

16. Jul 20, 2019 at 9:13 AM
    whatarush

whatarush [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    2015 Blue Tacoma DCLB TRD Sport

Colorado's judicial system most be different compared to Missouri. If I receive a traffic citation/donation slip in most counties in Missouri. you can pay a lawyer $50-150 to have it amended to a non-moving violation. like 'Failed To Equip Veh With Muffler/Adequate Muffler/Properly Attached Muffler { Infraction RSMo: 307.170 }' This is what my C&I donation slip turned into back in 2017. I can go to https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/base/welcome.do enter my info and it will pull up all donation slips I received in the past. I know for a fact that the C&I did not stay on my record, because when I added the Tacoma to my policy with Geico in May they check my record and it came back clean. :)

We was on my Kawasaki Versys while in
    Colorado

My currant stable consists of a 2015 Versys 1000, 2007 ZX10R, and a 1986 XT350.[/QUOTE]

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
    TacoBuffet likes this.
  17. Jul 20, 2019 at 11:19 AM
    acidchylde

acidchylde Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    07 Sport AC, black, still pretty much stock

Wow. I don't know much about traffic law or the differences or specifics, but that just sounds sketchy and corrupt as fuck. Long history of speeding and cause an accident, but no record because they were all changed to equipment failures? Pay a couple hundred bucks and have your DUI turned into a broken tail light? I'm sure (or at least I hope) it doesn't go that far, but if you've (generic you, not you specifically) got a history of speeding tickets of such an excessive nature then you damn well deserve to lose your license. The Missouri system sounds like more of a potential scam with both the cops writing tickets just for revenue and lawyers profiting off of it too.

But when you (this time specifically) casually talk about driving "go to jail speeds" and a certain history of getting tickets (which again with the different states and potential approach to the whole issue, like they don't consider it a big deal either), and all you're wanting to do is save some money on your insurance... Well I have a hard time having any sympathy for you at all or thinking that you shouldn't face points and increased costs. I mean, if you're driving like that you are a bigger insurance risk, period. Auto insurance in CO is a hot-button topic because it's so damn expensive, and it's expensive because of uninsured drivers and high claims costs. You want to drive fast, go find a track.

Gunshot-6A likes this.
  18. Jul 20, 2019 at 11:25 AM
    Da Boogie Man

Da Boogie Man Dirty Dogg

Member:
    First Name:
    Sweet T
    The law is written by lawyers to benefit lawyers.

teamhypoxia likes this.
  19. Jul 20, 2019 at 12:02 PM
    Jibbs

Jibbs "When in doubt, throttle out!"

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Cincinnati
    Vehicle:
    2017 SCREW Raptor Lightning Blue
    Whoooooooshchchch
    *Slaps Hood*

This here thread has it all, folks!

OP breaking the law and trying to punt consequences? Check!

People inexplicably white knighting for someone clearly demonstrating "the problem with America"? Check!

Exacerbated mods? Yep!

Internet legal experts? IN SPADES!

The only thing we're missing is someone asking what size tire he can fit on that Versys without rubbing

20. Jul 20, 2019 at 12:16 PM
    eurowner

eurowner Duke Sky

Member:
    First Name:
    Scoty
    The Syncro Ranch, Salida ColoRADo
    Vehicle:
    '17 TRDOR DCLB FTMFWBBQ Silver Sky Met
    Bilstein 8112+650lb coils, 8100+Deaver Stage II leaf pack, SPC UCA, DuroBumps, Mobtown 0* sliders W/fill plates, Mobtown Recovery Bar, Radium PVC & CCV Dual Oil Separator Catch Can System, Snugtop Hiliner Sport, ATH bed Stiffeners (cuz bottle openers!) and front corner tie down, Badger plates for Firestone airbag + Relentless U-bolt flip + Daystar cradles, TRD Pro shift knob, TRD Exhaust, HPS Silicone intake tube, Green Filter, TRD Intake Air Accelerator, 265-70-17 Toyo Open Country ATIII on TRD 17"Rockwarrior Cold Forged wheels, TRD alloy front skid, RCI Aluminum transmission & transfer case skids. Much Meso awesomeness, FreshMexicanTaco TacoGarage Camera Controller + DDM, WarFab Sheridan hitch skid, Rago LCA steel skids + lower rear shock guards, ScanGauge II, FN Koning Countersteer 16" spare, OEM T4R 90105-14104 coilover lower mounting eye bolts
    QUOTE="Jibbs, post: 21128119, member: 207363"]

The only thing we're missing is someone asking what size tire he can fit on that Versys without rubbing[/QUOTE]

:cheers:

Products Discussed in

To Top