1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Looking for a truck box

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade - Other' started by rondog, Dec 15, 2011.

1. rondog

rondog [OP] your TW web developer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Ronnie
    Escondido/San Diego
    Vehicle:
    pewp
    Total Chaos LT, 2.5x8" Fox coilover, 2.5x8" Fox triple bypass, GIANT SUA rear LT, 2.5x18" Fox triple bypass, 285/70/17 Toyo AT2, Glassworks all around, 4x Eagle Eye HIDs
    I am on the hunt for a specific type of truck box. I cannot use the ones that open from the top.

The one below is what I am looking for.
    [​IMG]

This page has more of them. http://www.800toolbox.com/lockup_box/lockup_boxes.htm

I cant find another company that makes this style. I need the kind that is like a drawer. I may end up going to a metal supply place and making one myself if I cant find anything. Does anyone know of something similar?

2. OZ-T

OZ-T All of those moments....will be lost.....in time

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Looks like a modular drawer box for a work van , maybe try searches for van outfitters

Pretty awesome boxes @ your link

3. rondog

Member:
    First Name:
    Ronnie
    Escondido/San Diego
    Vehicle:
    pewp
    Total Chaos LT, 2.5x8" Fox coilover, 2.5x8" Fox triple bypass, GIANT SUA rear LT, 2.5x18" Fox triple bypass, 285/70/17 Toyo AT2, Glassworks all around, 4x Eagle Eye HIDs
    they are really nice..I think the particular one I posted are upwards of $1,500 :(

thats how much they're selling them for on ebay

4. johnnyman1

johnnyman1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Jax
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD OR PRE
    nerf audio
    http://ezrideronline.com/ez-storage-vaults/

I just bought a Cam-locker tool box from these guys. They are fairly expensive but well worth it if you can find a distributorship. I happen to live three blocks from one. lol. They do mostly commercial from what I understand. take a look at the link above.

5. rondog

Member:
    First Name:
    Ronnie
    Escondido/San Diego
    Vehicle:
    pewp
    It's hard to tell what size that is. What is the size of the box you got and how much?

6. johnnyman1

Member:
    Jax
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD OR PRE
    nerf audio
    I would just call them. They can give you an exact price. All their numbers are on the 'contact us' link. I got a tool box from them. They run about $100 more than UWS boxes (for whatever size and type). I have no idea about these drawer thing-ys.

7. rondog

Member:
    First Name:
    Ronnie
    Escondido/San Diego
    Vehicle:
    pewp
    Can you give me an idea of how much? like are we talking 500+ or what?

8. johnnyman1

Member:
    Jax
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD OR PRE
    nerf audio
    Yeah,,, mine was the T-locks (not paddle), carpet lined, black, low profile, 65"L x 20"W x 16" deep . With tax, shipped and installed $495. I have a short bed so I did not want the box to go all the way down to the bed floor so I can put 4x4 wood etc under it. If you get one all the way to the floor (these are called "deep", what I got is called "regular") you can add an extra $50. This is for a tool box though. Personally,, I think they are the best tool boxes on the market. Are they worth $100 more than a UWS,, probably not, but I really like the T locking system and carpet. LOL.

9. dud122

dud122 rabble rabble rabble

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Riverdale Park, MD
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tacoma DC
    ome lift'd, bent-up rear, elite front, revenge fab'd sliders, camburg uca's, safari snorkle, FJ TRD wheels, safari bed basket, truxedo'd, bed rug'd... more to come
  10. magikbean562

magikbean562 once flirted with danger, danger got clingy

Member:
    First Name:
    greg
    socal
    Vehicle:
    02 4runner 04 solara
    4runner-32x11.5x15 falken rocky mt, tundra king 2.5 coilovers with taco perch, TC UCA, OME rear springs and procomp es9000's, thule roof rack.
To Top