1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

looking for BROKEN power door actuators

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by tacopyro, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Mar 3, 2011 at 10:29 PM
    tacopyro

tacopyro [OP] Forever learning...

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    01 Taco Pre SR5 V6 - 4WD
    Roll n Lock Cover and Stainless Step sides. New Mods. AFE Air Filter, PS Mag-Filter, Bilstein HD rear and 5100s Front. Michelins LTX MS2. Taurus E-Fan with FK50. Tundra Brake Upgrade. External Tranny Cooler. HO-Alt CS144 Mod, OMD Leaf Springs. Bull Bar. 4WD VF3AM Transfer Case, ADD/Manual Hubs. Supercharger with URD 7th injector. 4wd conversion complete Future Mods. rear sway bar, box the rear frame. I Love my Taco!
    I'm looking for a BROKEN Power door Actuator for the driver and passenger side of 1st gen or 01-04 (if they are different) Tacoma. Anyone has one lying around? I want to take it apart to experiment if i can rebuild the gears. I'm willing to pay for 10 bucks plus shipping for each side.

also looking for 02-04 4Runner Power door actuators, same deal.

Thanks.

CK

2. Mar 4, 2011 at 3:44 AM
    bookmonke

bookmonke Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle:
    2008 DC PreRunner Rugged Trail
    I have an 03 4Runner one sitting on my desk at work, I don't see an issue with the gears but the motor dies and I found the spec sheet for the motor and part number on a Japanese site but no source for the motors.

3. Mar 4, 2011 at 7:13 PM
    othater

othater Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal-Walnut
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner SR5 TRD Sport
    Go to Clublexus.com and search "Door Lock Acutuators". They have been rebuilding the door locks with replacement motors that you can buy on Ebay. Mabuchi motor FC 280PT-22125. I replaced mine on a 2000 GS300. Might be the same motor. Good luck.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  4. Mar 4, 2011 at 9:29 PM
    tacopyro

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    01 Taco Pre SR5 V6 - 4WD
    Roll n Lock Cover and Stainless Step sides. New Mods. AFE Air Filter, PS Mag-Filter, Bilstein HD rear and 5100s Front. Michelins LTX MS2. Taurus E-Fan with FK50. Tundra Brake Upgrade. External Tranny Cooler. HO-Alt CS144 Mod, OMD Leaf Springs. Bull Bar. 4WD VF3AM Transfer Case, ADD/Manual Hubs. Supercharger with URD 7th injector. 4wd conversion complete Future Mods. rear sway bar, box the rear frame. I Love my Taco!
    Hi bookmonke,

is the motor the kind like below? the 01 tacoma actuator i have uses a similar one to shown below, albeit more powerful and probably uses 12v instead of 3v.

what does the 4runner motor look like?

CK

DC-Motor-Toy-JFA-130RA-SA-.jpg

5. Mar 4, 2011 at 9:29 PM
    tacopyro

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    01 Taco Pre SR5 V6 - 4WD
    Anyone? :)

6. Jan 25, 2012 at 12:46 PM
    tacopyro

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    01 Taco Pre SR5 V6 - 4WD
    Update,

Door lock finally gave up. prevents me from locking it manually too. so i went ahead and bought a new OEM one online. I bought the wrong side by mistake so now i have the pair. but i only changed the driver side. if you are buying make sure to read to see if its the correct side! spent 250 each :(

CK

Products Discussed in

To Top