1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

looking for good cheap lift

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by bnavin, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Jan 27, 2010 at 9:51 AM
    Chester

Chester Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nor Cal
    Vehicle:
    07 Access Cab TRD-OR M-V6 4x4
    Rear Spring TSB,Locker Mod,In bed cargo lights,Fully de-badged,TRD Seat Covers,Trailer Harness Relocation,Painted wheels,Extra tie-downs,5100's,Biceman lighting,09 stereo with sirius & isimple ipod interface,Rear diff breather mod,K&N Air Filter
    These 3 words GOOD CHEAP LIFT,Will cost you more money down the road when either the ride is upseting or parts fail.Do your homework if you are going this route.Just cause a setup one guys says is great,He might be used to the ride of an old beatup chevy with 1 bent rim,and the hodge podge lift he put on rides smoother than that.9 times out of 10 if you do more than 5100's can achive on a shoestring buget you will end up spending more money on removing it and starting over.

2. Jan 27, 2010 at 10:22 AM
    gusher

gusher SUPERCHARGED!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Hudson NH
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 long bed, TRD Sport
    '08 Indigo Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4 Long Bed, Grillcraft grill, Pioneer AVH-P3200BT head unit, XM receiver, Boyo backup camera, Custom devil horns Toyota logo, Black headlight mod, Fog lights on anytime mod, Maglight mount, Weathertech floor liners, Debadged, Trex color-matched eyelids, Access tonneau cover, Toyota bed divider, Sno-way 7'4" snow plow, Auxiliary backup lights, Rear spring TSB, Removed front mud flaps, 2.5" Hell Bent Steel front lift, 285/70-17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, Satin black MB TKO wheels, Black Go Rhino Dominator II nerf steps, custom HomeLink install, CompuStar remote starter, Redline Tuning QuickLift Elite hood struts, Toyota bed mat, Custom short Taco antenna, TRD cold air intake, TRD exhaust, TRD supercharger
    And I agree with what you are saying. My point is that I'm buying myself a few months to save for the lift I'd like...my lift is by no means a permanent solution for getting my truck lifted. I will probably end up with OME 885's and 5100's (fronts set at 0") all around. Or I may just do the $700.00 OME lift from Toytec. If I just did 5100's now I'd have to crank them all the way to 2.5" and I don't hear favorable things about that setup either. So, for me, I'm not throwing away good money since I'm only into it for $175.00 and I'm buying some time.

3. Jan 27, 2010 at 10:34 AM
    Chester

Chester Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nor Cal
    Vehicle:
    07 Access Cab TRD-OR M-V6 4x4
    Rear Spring TSB,Locker Mod,In bed cargo lights,Fully de-badged,TRD Seat Covers,Trailer Harness Relocation,Painted wheels,Extra tie-downs,5100's,Biceman lighting,09 stereo with sirius & isimple ipod interface,Rear diff breather mod,K&N Air Filter
    I was talking to the OP,He is looking for something for $650 that he may keep on for some time.Where as you are working with a setup for a place to put tires for a short time to grow the truck around.You have justified it by the time and money saved on buying tires once.Alignments and strut removal labor adds up fast.

4. Jan 27, 2010 at 7:14 PM
    gusher

gusher SUPERCHARGED!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Hudson NH
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 long bed, TRD Sport
    '08 Indigo Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4 Long Bed, Grillcraft grill, Pioneer AVH-P3200BT head unit, XM receiver, Boyo backup camera, Custom devil horns Toyota logo, Black headlight mod, Fog lights on anytime mod, Maglight mount, Weathertech floor liners, Debadged, Trex color-matched eyelids, Access tonneau cover, Toyota bed divider, Sno-way 7'4" snow plow, Auxiliary backup lights, Rear spring TSB, Removed front mud flaps, 2.5" Hell Bent Steel front lift, 285/70-17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, Satin black MB TKO wheels, Black Go Rhino Dominator II nerf steps, custom HomeLink install, CompuStar remote starter, Redline Tuning QuickLift Elite hood struts, Toyota bed mat, Custom short Taco antenna, TRD cold air intake, TRD exhaust, TRD supercharger
    Gotchya. :thumbsup:

5. Jan 27, 2010 at 7:32 PM
    gjbonner

gjbonner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Northern Idaho
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Off Road TRD
    Rhino Lined exterior,Fab Tech 6", 1.25" SpiderTrax spacers, Wheels painted Rustoleum Hammered Black, All Pro front plate bumper, Warn 9.5 ti winch, BHLM, Cig lighter constant on, Door beep toggle switch, Locker mod, Lock/unlock beeper Mod, Rear tailights smoked, 750w inverter with the outlets and on/off switch wired to rear of the console, Blacked out badges, blacked out rear bumper.
    Save your money...you will always look back and wish you had, trust us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Jan 27, 2010 at 10:31 PM
    TacomaTSP4

TacomaTSP4 Go Big or Go Home!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Rohnert Park, CA
    gjbonner are you running the 16x7 offroad wheels on the 6" lift and just spacers? what tires are you running?

Products Discussed in

To Top