1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Looking for level

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by MSGulfCoastTaco, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Mar 9, 2011 at 4:18 AM
    MSGulfCoastTaco

MSGulfCoastTaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mississippi Gulf Coast
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM DBSB OFF-ROAD 4x4
    I have a question I hope someone can answer. Tried the search, but did not find THE question. I should be having the TSB for the Rear Leaf Springs completed next week. And after reading the how much lift some of the other members have experienced. I would like to go ahead and level the front with Billies Adjustable shocks. Now the question. If I adjust the front shocks to say 1.75, would I need to upgrade the UCA's to get an in spec alignment? It appears by some of the other members they have not had to upgrade the UCA's. Thanks for your help.

2. Mar 9, 2011 at 4:22 AM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    You will be fine at 1.75"

3. Mar 9, 2011 at 6:06 AM
    MSGulfCoastTaco

MSGulfCoastTaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mississippi Gulf Coast
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM DBSB OFF-ROAD 4x4
    Thanks for the response. After doing more searching and more reading, I have found a lot of different opinions on the billies spread out over 2-3 years. Some say get the 5100's on the front set to 1.75. Where as others prefer the .85 setting. Then you read that after 20k miles or so the shocks harden up and the same people who loved them can not stand them. My driving conditions are 60 highway miles total to/from work with the only dirt road driving during hunten season. Do not want to sacrifice ride for looks. I will still get the TSB done and will have to see how bad the rake is and will decide what to do after the leafs settle. Man there is a lot of information on this site!!! Thanks again!

Products Discussed in

To Top