1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Looking for some advice (trip planning)

Discussion in 'Travel' started by chuam, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Apr 6, 2021 at 1:21 PM
    chuam

chuam [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marcus
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma SR5 DCSB 4x4
    Icon Stage 3 - 2.5 & UCAs front, Icon 2.0 rear Icon RTX Stage 2 leafs Icon 700lb springs RSI Smartcap Evo Sport KDMax Pro tune BAMF Hybrid front bumper Warn VR EVO 10s winch ARB Rear Locker Revolution 5.29 regear RCI Engine Skid RCI Trans skid RCI Transfer case skid RCI Diff Skid RCI Cat guards RCI Rock sliders RCI roof rack R4T LCA Skids DRT Fabrication Hitch Skid Exhaust reroute ARB Dual Compressor w/ Slee Mount OR Black Fenders Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro fog lights Rigid D-SS Pro Ditch lights Rigid SR Amber PRO Edition 30” light bar Rigid SR-Q floods A/C drain mod Differential Breather Mod Supralee Traction Board mount Liftd Gas cap holder Taco Garage DMM 2.0 Total Chaos bed stiffeners TRD SEMA Pro 17" wheels Falken Wildpeaks 275/70r17 TRD Pro Grill Gecko shell lighting Ecological Bumper shells Fumoto valve Toyota aluminum oil filter cap DesertDoesit Seat Jackers Waterport Day Tank - Rago Fab bed mount Yakima Double Haul OVS 270 Awning Wet Okole seat covers Overland Equipped/Blueseas Bracket/fusebox Toyota OEM tailgate lock Rogue Offroad poly body mount bushings ZPrecision cup holders H9 headlight bulb upgrade Lambtek innovations winch switch
    So I'm taking the family on a 2+ week vacation from San Diego to Colorado. We're hitting a bunch of spots on the way and I want to get into the back country at most of the locations but nothing too crazy as,

1. I don't want to get the truck stuck with the family and my wife and daughters telling me "I told you not to do that"
    2. We're on a relatively tight schedule (I'm doing a 3 day fly fishing float in the Gunnison Gorge in the middle)

What websites or other areas are good for research other than just googling the spots to see what is available.

Here's our list of areas we're hitting:

San Diego to Brian Head
    -Zion
    Brian Head to Richfield
    -Bryce
    Richfield to Delta
    -Moab/Arches
    Delta to South Fork
    South Fork to Cortez
    Cortez to Flagstaff
    -Monument Valley
    Flagstaff to Grand Canyon
    Grand Canyon to San Diego

Thanks in advance for any info or websites to check out.

2. Apr 7, 2021 at 4:41 PM
    shotgunbilly420

shotgunbilly420 OG Owner 230k+mi club/Tacoma enthusiast

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Montesano, Washington elv. 66ft
    Vehicle:
    2017 trd Tacoma offraod AT Inferno
    315/75/16, 6in modded RC lift,Anderson Engineering manifold spacer,K&N air intake, URD YPipe, stock exhaust ,16" method nv305 wheels, AFE throttle body spacer, vf Tune program, JTL 3.0 Oil catch can x2, rear cat delete
    The wife and I are leaving washington state friday headed to colorado

3. Apr 7, 2021 at 4:46 PM
    tcjacado

tcjacado Well-Known Member

Member:
    If you don't want to get in a situation, then don't put yourself and family in one. I would suggest calm, nice fire roads accessed from Google maps and stay on the trail. If they want you to go venture off, then explain the consequences of that action and take plenty of food and water. Other than that, go prepared, tow strap and pin for the hitch, traction boards and two 5 gallon jugs of gas .

4. Apr 7, 2021 at 5:55 PM
    chuam

chuam [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marcus
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma SR5 DCSB 4x4
    Icon Stage 3 - 2.5 & UCAs front, Icon 2.0 rear Icon RTX Stage 2 leafs Icon 700lb springs RSI Smartcap Evo Sport KDMax Pro tune BAMF Hybrid front bumper Warn VR EVO 10s winch ARB Rear Locker Revolution 5.29 regear RCI Engine Skid RCI Trans skid RCI Transfer case skid RCI Diff Skid RCI Cat guards RCI Rock sliders RCI roof rack R4T LCA Skids DRT Fabrication Hitch Skid Exhaust reroute ARB Dual Compressor w/ Slee Mount OR Black Fenders Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro fog lights Rigid D-SS Pro Ditch lights Rigid SR Amber PRO Edition 30” light bar Rigid SR-Q floods A/C drain mod Differential Breather Mod Supralee Traction Board mount Liftd Gas cap holder Taco Garage DMM 2.0 Total Chaos bed stiffeners TRD SEMA Pro 17" wheels Falken Wildpeaks 275/70r17 TRD Pro Grill Gecko shell lighting Ecological Bumper shells Fumoto valve Toyota aluminum oil filter cap DesertDoesit Seat Jackers Waterport Day Tank - Rago Fab bed mount Yakima Double Haul OVS 270 Awning Wet Okole seat covers Overland Equipped/Blueseas Bracket/fusebox Toyota OEM tailgate lock Rogue Offroad poly body mount bushings ZPrecision cup holders H9 headlight bulb upgrade Lambtek innovations winch switch
    Got the water, gas, recovery strap, recovery boards, shovel and hitch shackle all ready to go. Definitely looking for something more than a fire road but nothing difficult/technical.

Been googling a lot but I have a feeling most of those places may be busy due to the popularity of how often they show up online. I will be buying ONx for offroad and trying to find a good trail website (willing to pay if anyone has any suggestions).

To Top