1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Looking to buy 09 4X2 TRD OR DC

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by OrangeTexan, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Jan 11, 2012 at 10:51 AM
    OrangeTexan

OrangeTexan [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Antonio
    Vehicle:
    2012 4X4 TRD OR
    Hey guys whats up.

Fairly new to the site, but I've been looking around for a Taco. Just found a good deal on an 09 4X2 TRD OR DC with 30k mi. I just stopped by the dealer briefly during lunch to get a quick look at it, and all the panels are straight, interior looks good, nothing obviously wrong with it. I'm about to run a Carfax on it, and I have a list of TSBs to go through while I look at the truck in detail.

Besides the TSBs, is there any other little things I should be looking for? The info I am looking for are common things that go wrong or break in these Tacomas. Thanks for any input you might have!

2. Jan 11, 2012 at 11:11 AM
    OrangeTexan

OrangeTexan [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Antonio
    Vehicle:
    2012 4X4 TRD OR
    So Carfax shows an accident in July 2011 with a left side impact. It was put up for sale in October at the dealer. I guess I wont know how bad or if it was bad until I open the doors. What do you guys think? Pass? Or is it still worth a look? They are asking less than 20k. My initial gut feeling is to pass on it.

It seems the original owner traded it as soon as they got it out of the shop and before the accident hit Carfax.... Red Flag?

To Top